Chron re: McDonald and Donaldson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chron hints at a player swap. So which of our players would they think are ready to play in the Premier League then? I would be very surprised if Norwich are seriously considering Stephens. I don't even think that one of our players is capable of playing above Championship level at this moment.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

The Chron hints at a player swap. So which of our players would they think are ready to play in the Premier League then? I would be very surprised if Norwich are seriously considering Stephens. I don't even think that one of our players is capable of playing above Championship level at this moment.

Maybe they want potential? Tarky? Winchester? Mellor? or of Course Stephens, Lee, Furman? The GInger 'Tokyos' Ninja? Foster Tits from the Ticket Office?

it would be between stephens and taylor, them two are the only ones who it could be.

But neither is Cody McDonald.

I guess if you are Norwich you look at the long temr capabilities of both players - one who will never make top division and one rougher player that it isn't impossible, if unlikely.

Whereas we want the player that can score goals now, rather than a want away midfielder.

But neither is Cody McDonald.

I guess if you are Norwich you look at the long temr capabilities of both players - one who will never make top division and one rougher player that it isn't impossible, if unlikely.

Whereas we want the player that can score goals now, rather than a want away midfielder.

It strikes me that Norwich are being very shrewd in their transfer dealings to date. Instead of panicking and signing a bunch of Prem league mercenaries, they appear to be signing players with a view of bringing them in to develop – possibly stocking a team ready for the Championship if they were to be relegated straight back down.

If they are interested in dale Stephens; then I’d imagine it would be for the season after; not this season they would be signing him for. A la the signings of Elliott Bennett et all IMO.

So, a Dale for Cody deal might be feasible after all...........

It's also possible that Lambert & Dickov are very good friends and this relationship may come into play swinging any possible deal in our favour.

Be nice if it came off however doubtfull it would appear at the moment, you just never know.

It's also possible that Lambert & Dickov are very good friends and this relationship may come into play swinging any possible deal in our favour.

Be nice if it came off however doubtfull it would appear at the moment, you just never know.

Stumbling block even if a swap deal is agreed involving Stephens (which I still have to say i think is highly unlikely), we would owe Bury 20% of what a tribunal deemed the deal to be worth, right? So let's say the deal goes ahead and is valued at 500k, do we have 100k lying around to give to Bury? I don't think so.

Believe clubs have to accept the agreed value so little Bury can do in that scenario you win some you lose some ie Porter .....

But if he is valued at £500K (or whatever) by a tribunal then Bury are entitled to 20% in cash and would Latics have it. . That's the point that was being made by LeylandLatic.

OldhamAndy - sell on clauses are binding even if it's a swap deal with a valuation made by a tribunal.

There's been the same discussion about Micah Richards.

Edited by apple

Partly correct but if McDonald signs for Oldham for £20,000 and Stephens goes the other way for £10,000 Bury get 2 nothing they can do about it. It has happened before.

Simpo is spot on... Because Bury dont agree means nothing. Its like Richards we will end up getting nothing. It can even be done as loans.

It doesn't work like that....Bury will get their 20%!

OF WHAT? if fee agreed. does it still go to a tribunal? Hasnt that been said about Richards in past if used as a makeweight in a deal WE get nothing. Accept could be wrong but level of compo is low.

IF mutual loans ...cant see how they can? 20% of what.

Both go to Scotland get nothing so a fee by mutual agreement is better than nothing.

If Bury don't agree, it goes to tribunal.

If it's a loan or a free transfer (say, to Scotland) then it is valueless, so they get 20% of the nothing that we get.