Hazell leaves Latics

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reading that, he was actually offered more money but only on a 12 month deal

Not too disappointed, he was no leader. I am disappointed that an average player like Rubes, who enjoyed his longest spell at any club, saw fit to walk away. But I do agree with only offering him a year. Not too sure how welcoming Chesterfield will be to his likely return or if the rumours are true Dale, given his 'mare against them at BP. We need to sign an experienced centre-half but one who can lead and probably be Captain, That's what we need now, someone to help the young kids and to be a real influence in the dressing room - whilst he was a bit of a donkey someone like a Garnett would be ideal…

Good luck Rubes, but if you go onto bigger and better things I'll show my arse mate….

Right, think its time we had a few in the incoming column now Mr. Dickov….the squad's as thin as an anorexic Rizla….

Not too disappointed, he was no leader. I am disappointed that an average player like Rubes, who enjoyed his longest spell at any club, saw fit to walk away. But I do agree with only offering him a year. Not too sure how welcoming Chesterfield will be to his likely return or if the rumours are true Dale, given his 'mare against them at BP. We need to sign an experienced centre-half but one who can lead and probably be Captain, That's what we need now, someone to help the young kids and to be a real influence in the dressing room - whilst he was a bit of a donkey someone like a Garnett would be ideal…

Good luck Rubes, but if you go onto bigger and better things I'll show my arse mate….

Right, think its time we had a few in the incoming column now Mr. Dickov….the squad's as thin as an anorexic Rizla….

absolutely made my day this, no more pushing opposition players in the back and giving needless pens away, no more falling over the ball and letting their players run through on goal, can't put how delighted I am in words, and with Brill gone, is it Christmas???

I think we need two centre-halves now, I thought the Tarky/M'Voto partnership had potential, but I would like to see experienced cover - preferably someone who hasn't been in Australia….if we fail with M'Voto as :censored:e as Trotman was, beast him in Pre-Season and take it from there if he's willing to come back….but I would like to see a warrior at the back….

There are quite a few i'd have on the PFA list. Dreaming with most though i know.

Pure speculation but if word has got round we're unreliable with wages then could it be damaging to any business Dickov is trying to do? Jacobson's comments were less than helpful. Despite his retraction, mud does stick….

As I've said on another thread, not a great disappointment losing Hazell, he will be a decent earner and I'd be very surprised if we couldn't do better for the money.

Never a captain in a million years, never said a word and extremely error prone.

Good luck to him, wherever he ends up.

If we can replace him then we'll be ok but he was a good player at L1 and now we'll be pretty thin on experience. Hopefully we can definitely get M'Voto back now and we'll see Reuben return for the Chesterfield games.

Think someone mentioned his goal against Leeds, suppose that means we can never forget him

Would have been a useful player for us next season. Hope M'Voto signs up and another good centre back as I don't want Tarkowski to be our first choice going into next season.

M'Voto and an experienced defender at his side by the start of the season.

Dear Mr Jean Yves M'voto

that extra £1,000 you wanted a week

Well we can now offer it you

Thanks

Mr S. Corney

I think we have to stand firm with what we have offered Razza, maybe a slight improvement but now we've lost Captain Calamity we need another CB, and an experienced one imo but if I had a choice Tarky and M'Voto would be my ideal starting partnership….

Would have been a useful player for us next season. Hope M'Voto signs up and another good centre back as I don't want Tarkowski to be our first choice going into next season.

M'Voto and an experienced defender at his side by the start of the season.

Why? Tarky looked raw and made mistakes, but he will improve, he's vocal, and assured on the ball. There's plenty to work with, I'd rather see Tarky make a mistake and learn from it arther than Roobs drop a bollock, the same bollock he has dropped since he was a kid at Tranmere…..I agree with the experience but he'd have to earn his place tbh I can see it being Tarky and A N Other, as M'Voto will not sign, despite his loyalty to us and PD he could triple his money at the top end of League One….he'd be a fool not too given his susceptibility to injury having already been out for lengthy spells in each of the last two seasons at BP and Roots Hall.

We certainly need to replace Hazell. We nee a captain. A proper captain. Not Taylor / Stephens. We need someone who will actually inspire the players. I dont mean he has to be a blood and thunder type. Just someone the who will motivate and advise.

I was in a box at Everton in the cup and shouted to him in the warm up that I'd backed him for first goal again (after his goal against Leeds in the previous game).

During the celebrations after the final whistle he remembered where we were and came over giving us the clenched fists etc.. :grin:

A nice bloke who would have done a job again, albeit with the odd error thrown in but I'm glad Dickov is looking for more & better than that.

I'd rather take a punt on a younger CB with less experience but more potential.

Good luck to him.

Dale or Chesterfield I reckon.

Why? Tarky looked raw and made mistakes, but he will improve, he's vocal, and assured on the ball. There's plenty to work with, I'd rather see Tarky make a mistake and learn from it arther than Roobs drop a bollock, the same bollock he has dropped since he was a kid at Tranmere…..I agree with the experience but he'd have to earn his place tbh I can see it being Tarky and A N Other, as M'Voto will not sign, despite his loyalty to us and PD he could triple his money at the top end of League One….he'd be a fool not too given his susceptibility to injury having already been out for lengthy spells in each of the last two seasons at BP and Roots Hall.

I just don't think he's ready to play regulary in the first team. He did do well last season but I'd someone more assured and experienced to be playing more regulary. No problems with him getting games but I don't think he should be relied upon so much so soon.