Hazell leaves Latics

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Rochdale having a striker called Barry Diamond.

Dickov on Hazell….

“We made him an offer and it came to a point where we felt he had to make a decision.

We can’t have players dictating to us — but that is no sleight on Reuben, as he is entitled to try to get the best deal that he can.”

Looks a big fooker…

Oooooooooooooh - I can give a scouting report as I've watched him play live!!!

Watched Aberdeen Vs Rangers this season at the ‘Dons ground – Diamond was their CB & Club Captain.

He’s a big lad, very big actually.....I’d say he looked 6ft3”+........not particularly mobile with it; slow on the turn and beaten for pace a fair few times (granted by Weiss, Naysmith and the big Croat striker who are all quick)

Very vocal though – a shouter / pointer / bollocker / motivator type. An old school CB basically; body in the way / on the line, nice & physical too.

We could a lot; lot worse in terms of playing abilty.......................but here comes the BUT

He was all set to join Hearts IIRC; pre-contract deal signed and all. Fell through on a medical though. He has dodgy knees and Hearts have walked away due to that................might be a non-starter for that reason.

He's signed for Shrewsbury

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10443~2384038,00.html

Good luck to him think he'll be a top defender in League Two.

They announced they had signed joe jacobson yesterday and the article said he'd be joined by a familiar face... So its rubes, good luck to him, i think he'll do ok there!