Another thing I hope we never do

Sheffield United have just anounced that fans have to pay £15 membership fee in order to purchase away tickets

another problem this may cause is that it will run the risk of their fans being in our end come August 6th which no doubt we'd have to pay for!

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I do not think we have a big enough away following to introduce this sort of scheme. Atleast it would reward those fans who travel to more away games i guess.

No?

Bury 3,000

Rochdale 3,000

Hudds 1,500 (min)

Tranmere (1,200 min)

Sheff U (1,500 min)

Sheff Wed (1,500 min)

Chesterfield (New Ground) (1,500 min)

PNE (1,000 min (midweek)

I would say we'd take at least 1500 to all those grounds this season, if the club wanted to cash in, if 1,500 fans paid the £15 then that would raise £22,500 for the club's coffers. I'd be pissed off if they did introduce an away fans scheme, but I'f have no choice to pay it if I wanted to sit with my fellow fans at those grounds above.

I do not think we have a big enough away following to introduce this sort of scheme. Atleast it would reward those fans who travel to more away games i guess.

What by charging them an extra £15, I dont know what sort of rewards youve had before?

• 2 weeks later...

No?

Bury 3,000

Rochdale 3,000

Hudds 1,500 (min)

Tranmere (1,200 min)

Sheff U (1,500 min)

Sheff Wed (1,500 min)

PNE (1,000 min (midweek)

I would say we'd take at least 1500 to all those grounds this season, if the club wanted to cash in, if 1,500 fans paid the £15 then that would raise £22,500 for the club's coffers. I'd be pissed off if they did introduce an away fans scheme, but I'f have no choice to pay it if I wanted to sit with my fellow fans at those grounds above.

lot of IF's there.

heres mine. IF latics tried to charge £15 to buy away tickets, there wouldnt be 1500 fans in the away ends.

Edited by Monty Burns

there are much fairer ways to reward the loyal fans whilst at the same time help bring the new ones in

And IF I didn't have b*llocks....

If you think about it , it's a good idea. If you have a massive away following apart from the support and noise at away grounds the club doesn't benefit as the entrance fee paid goes to the other team.

I'd not be happy paying but it's a way of making a few quid.

If you think about it , it's a good idea. If you have a massive away following apart from the support and noise at away grounds the club doesn't benefit as the entrance fee paid goes to the other team.

I'd not be happy paying but it's a way of making a few quid.

Not everything that makes prima facie financial sense is necessarily a good idea - I know, I've worked in the City for 30 years!

if you think about it, and also are sheffield united or leeds or libpool or man united etcetera, then yes.

if you think about it, and youre oldham or stevenage or tranmere or wigan, and you think its a good idea, youre retarded.

Edited by Monty Burns

No?

Bury 3,000

Rochdale 3,000

Hudds 1,500 (min)

Tranmere (1,200 min)

Sheff U (1,500 min)

Sheff Wed (1,500 min)

PNE (1,000 min (midweek)

I bet you could half some of those followings if the club introduced charging for the privilage of going to away games

I think the clubs that do it are those that are likely to more or less fill the away allocation everywhere they go, like leeds do and like Sheff U will probably do at this level

Sheff Utd do not have as good an away following as Leeds, Wednesday also used to do this membership scheme but they stopped it because of the boycott and Stoke did it to cut down on hooliganism

Edited by Tommy_Fent

No?

Bury 3,000

Rochdale 3,000

Hudds 1,500 (min)

Tranmere (1,200 min)

Sheff U (1,500 min)

Sheff Wed (1,500 min)

PNE (1,000 min (midweek)

Some of the, I can see us taking a lot less. Also, anyone with half a brain would just think to themselves "instead of paying £15 to the club so I can buy tickets at BP, I'll just travel to the away game and pay on the gate."

What by charging them an extra £15, I dont know what sort of rewards youve had before?

No but it means those who went to the far distance games such as Exeter, Bournemouth, Yeovil and there was a big demand say Bury end season. Those Season Ticket holders who went to those games could get first call that was my point.

maybe a voluntary loyalty scheme where you get points for travelling to away games, say a point for each mile and you get vouchers at the end of the season depending how many points you have. could incorperate home games too.

a home game for me is usually an 80 mile round trip and a lot more for some other people

Edited by Tommy_Fent

a home game for me is usually an 80 mile round trip and a lot more for some other people

Make it a set number for home games. say 50 points for home game and 1 point per mile from boundary park per away game or 2 points per mile if travelled on official club coaches