2nd round of the cup !

do we get any money for it?! :blush:

Not much at all until the very later stages; which is an argument some use to not take this cup seriously.

I’m on the other side though – I REALLY want us to have a proper go for this cup this season. Realistically; we aren’t going to do much in the FA Cup or Carling Cup (and by ‘much’ I mean reach the final)....whereas in this JPT Cup – we have a real chance to if we take it seriously.

A trip to the new Wembley Stadium to watch our side lift some Silverwear? I challenge anyone to say they wouldn’t be interesting in seeing / doing that.

I hope we play as strong as side as we possibly can in each tie we play; in the hope we progress all the way to the final.

Not much at all until the very later stages; which is an argument some use to not take this cup seriously.

I’m on the other side though – I REALLY want us to have a proper go for this cup this season. Realistically; we aren’t going to do much in the FA Cup or Carling Cup (and by ‘much’ I mean reach the final)....whereas in this JPT Cup – we have a real chance to if we take it seriously.

A trip to the new Wembley Stadium to watch our side lift some Silverwear? I challenge anyone to say they wouldn’t be interesting in seeing / doing that.

I hope we play as strong as side as we possibly can in each tie we play; in the hope we progress all the way to the final.

i agree...although not at the expense of the league

Edited by MaskedOwl

agreed - just look at the potential for moans!:

1. Ticket prices

2. Ticket purchase arrangements

3. Coach fares

4. Should be a train

5. Not enough commemorative stuff in shop

6. Too much commemorative stuff in shop

7. Interferes with League

8. Should be concentrating on new ground

Edited by apple

Great news - it puts a gloss finish on the week and I'm overcome with emulsion!

You always painted a positive picture. At least we won't get the brush off in the first round. Maybe we could even roll on to the Final. Then we could be sat in Wembley on a great day out, byt which time Matt D Carr could be in the first team..

agreed - just look at the potential for moans!:

1. Ticket prices

2. Ticket purchase arrangements

3. Coach fares

4. Should be a train

5. Not enough commemorative stuff in shop

6. Too much commemorative stuff in shop

7. Interferes with League

8. Should be concentrating on new ground

Missed the main one. Every game we have played in the competition has cost us money. Including the 'massive' home crowd in the semi with Blackpool.

:censored: competition. Stick the kids out and &*%$ it off.

Missed the main one. Every game we have played in the competition has cost us money. Including the 'massive' home crowd in the semi with Blackpool. Northern Final with Wrexham

:censored: competition. Stick the kids out and &*%$ it off.