Oumare Tounkara

Hi guys,

Forest fan here.

What's he like? I believe we're due to announce his signing tomorrow.

Good luck this season.

Hold your horses..

Says in our paper that we are 'monitoring the situation'...

50/50 who he goes to I'd say :unsure:

If it's mentioned in the Chron it's probably dead on he's signing for Forest.

"Monitoring the situation" doesn't make it sound like we're pulling the stops out.

JonathanH -- he's raw, pacy, strong, but young and still learning. He won't bag you twenty a season and needs to be used sparingly, but he can rough up unwary defenders and score the odd screamer.

Hi guys,

Forest fan here.

Good luck this season.

Started the season like an ox, finished it like a kitten.

Neither ox nor kitten scored many goals.

He's definitely signing for us - This has come directly from the club.

Mixed reaction really but I'm willing to give him a chance. Is he a hold-up player or will he play off the shoulder.

What I'm getting at is are we looking at another Dexter Blackstock or a Rob Earnshaw type?

Thanks for the info. :)

Hi guys,

Forest fan here.

Good luck this season.

Raw - deceptively quick - determined - different type of forward. Will only get better with more games - would love him back here next season - a better option for him than Forest I think where he just will not get the game time. Wish him all the best if he does join you. :)

Raw - deceptively quick - determined - different type of forward. Will only get better with more games - would love him back here next season - a better option for him than Forest I think where he just will not get the game time. Wish him all the best if he does join you. :)

One of my best mates is a Forest Fan so i’ll be giving him a call tonight to talk all things ‘the chin’.

To the OP, he’s neither a Dexter Blackstock nor a Rob Earnshaw really, you haven’t got a player on your books that he’s like actually. He’s got the build of Wes Morgan / Guy Moussi, is actually really quick when he gets going, is pretty strong and; on his day, at our level – unplayable.

However, he is young and raw too. He ran out of steam & confidence with us after starting the season really well, and I’m not sure he is quite ready to be your 1st choice........but the potential is there and he has something.

If used correctly by the ‘Wally with the Brolly’ it actually could be a shrewd signing; but if he’s actually ear-marking him to be your 1st choice; then – well, hmmmm. Not yet ready for that i’d say.

Definitely don't think he'll be first choice. I've heard that McClaren sees Joe Garner as a key figure. He wasn't liked by Davies and so didn't get a game and was shipped out on loan.

Dex is out until Christmas and Earnie's left so we've got Tudgay, Findley (who has pace to burn) and McGoldrick as well as Garner. We've also bid got Jason Scotland according to a source. Not that impressed by him, to be honest.

He's a human wrecking ball.

he'll give defenders a tough time, which he did all season. for the first half he caused problems and scored a few goals and got in good positions. second half he did barely anything because he was obviously knackered.

could be a good signing for you if you play him well, but dont count on him as your striker to fire you to the premier league.

Started the season really well. Works his knackers off, chases lost causes - but cant finish. (Scored a cracker against Notts County though). Often snatches at chances and his heading is poor, but he links the play very well - is selfless and a proper "players player". Think Emile Heskey.

Hope he does well. I very much doubt he'll score many, but he'll give 100% every game. Even when he wasn't up to much later on with us (IMO he was knackered) he put a shift in.

Ignore the premature bollocks spoken by some - He has played only 1 full season and Rome wasn't built in a season!! He has all the attributes to be a top player, quick, strong and eager to learn. He started as expected, enthusiastic, bags of passion and effort, however as some have said, he played in an increasingly tired side and ran out of steam - which is to be expected for a young lad putting in the effort that he does.

Definately not a J. Garner or Earnie type of player, more of a powerhouse centre forward, a handful, yet technically good.

Give him a season or two and he may be a decent Championship striker - not a natural 20 goal or 'off the shoulder' type of striker.

Good luck to him

BTW - who are we signing from Forest then???

Ignore the premature bollocks spoken by some - He has played only 1 full season and Rome wasn't built in a season!! He has all the attributes to be a top player, quick, strong and eager to learn. He started as expected, enthusiastic, bags of passion and effort, however as some have said, he played in an increasingly tired side and ran out of steam - which is to be expected for a young lad putting in the effort that he does.

Definately not a J. Garner or Earnie type of player, more of a powerhouse centre forward, a handful, yet technically good.

Give him a season or two and he may be a decent Championship striker - not a natural 20 goal or 'off the shoulder' type of striker.

Good luck to him

Who are you signing from Forest?

Have I missed something? Don't think we can afford to let any more players leave the club as the squad's thin enough as it is.

Good luck to him

Spot on! :grin:

Good luck to him

Have to say that I think the replies on this thread all talk about Tounkara as being raw but having potential - no 'premature bollocks' as I see it. The comments are based on one full season but that is what we have seen of the guy and based on his first season, I would say he has potential.

You yourself say exactly the same 'He has all the attributes to be a top player, quick, strong and eager to learn'

As far as I can see no-one talks of a 20 goal a season striker - he just isn't that type of player.

How long does it take to spot whether a player has potential? Not long I'd say - the real unknown is whether that potential is turned into reality.

^_^