How to buy a football club

How did I know there'd be something on here.

If you'd actually watched it properly you'd know you're talking bollocks.

But let's not let the truth get in the way of an opportunity to call United scum, eh?

I'll take any opportunity I can get.

*spits*

Hi garçon let me point out some facts for you

Fact 1 robson is ambassador for the scum but he will "manage the manager "

Fact 2 the day Darren ferguson left Preston the 2 players went back the "same day"

Fact 3 Alex ferguson aswell as steve Bruce Roy keane "will help with players"

Fact 4 ferguson "did discuss results but not in a betting way with mr sim "as he can recall"

And that's just scratching the surface of man u scum but no they done nothing wrong

LOL.

Bryan Robson is clearly in it up to his neck.

As for Sir Alex, I doubt he'll be having many more meals in the company of Mr Lin or whatever he was called.

There was a lot of convenient, completely unproveable suggestion from the people being filmed, but nothing that can or will stick. The Preston thing is typical, that was simple Ferguson nepotism nothing more complicated than that.

As for Robson's role as United Global Ambassador, I suspect he might be getting a call in the morning from Mr Gill.

Edited by garcon

Hi garçon let me point out some facts for you

Fact 1 robson is ambassador for the scum but he will "manage the manager "

Fact 2 the day Darren ferguson left Preston the 2 players went back the "same day"

Fact 3 Alex ferguson aswell as steve Bruce Roy keane "will help with players"

Fact 4 ferguson "did discuss results but not in a betting way with mr sim "as he can recall"

And that's just scratching the surface of man u scum but no they done nothing wrong

So what on 'facts' 2-4?

As garcon said, Robson is in the :censored: now. No one else has been implicated badly, though bloody hell the FL need to get their house in order. Clubs owned by dead people, insane. It obviously wasn't impossible to get that information...evidently nobody has bothered, or is bothered for that matter.

LOL.

Bryan Robson is clearly in it up to his neck.

As for Sir Alex, I doubt he'll be having many more meals in the company of Mr Lin or whatever he was called.

There was a lot of convenient, completely unproveable suggestion from the people being filmed, but nothing that can or will stick. The Preston thing is typical, that was simple Ferguson nepotism nothing more complicated than that.

As for Robson's role as United Global Ambassador, I suspect he might be getting a call in the morning from Mr Gill.

Literally! On the recovery from throat cancer isnt he? Sure he will love to add the pressure of the media on top of that

Remember Robson being linked with the Sheff United job a while ago pretty sure they already had a link with a club side from China.

For those who didn't watch ere programme, can you give a brief synopsis of what happened/what it was about?

Watched this on You Tube (it was on Channel 4 so searching for dispatches on there should find it without too much trouble). It struck me as mainly about some guy who thinks you can buy your way into the Prem from our division, who liked to exagerate how well he knew SAF when really he was some guy who has dinner with him a few times annually. (Although it sounded like there was a back story to the time they first met when SAF was in Thailand and maybe he got SAF out of trouble which would be embarrassing).

Yes clubs are for sale- outside of Man City every club in England is for sale for the right price, yes football is corrupt but most sensible people know that. If it wasn't obvious to fans by now that managers use contacts to get players on loan it bloody should be.

If you are grateful that Corney is running us then it may come to a shock to you that it many ways I'd prefer Robson and his mates to be our owners than the current landlords. Yes they like to make money and run but so what it would have meant we were doing well as opposed to being in this league. Yes they like to asset strip clubs by selling off the training ground for development- oh wait that's already happened to us. However, Robson flatly outright refused to sell the stadium, now who owns our stadium- oh right some shell company for whom the taxes for came out of the club's budget who are owned by two guys who no longer have having to do with our club. But in the landlords we trust hey chaps, now chin up.

Watched this on You Tube (it was on Channel 4 so searching for dispatches on there should find it without too much trouble). It struck me as mainly about some guy who thinks you can buy your way into the Prem from our division, who liked to exagerate how well he knew SAF when really he was some guy who has dinner with him a few times annually. (Although it sounded like there was a back story to the time they first met when SAF was in Thailand and maybe he got SAF out of trouble which would be embarrassing).

Yes clubs are for sale- outside of Man City every club in England is for sale for the right price, yes football is corrupt but most sensible people know that. If it wasn't obvious to fans by now that managers use contacts to get players on loan it bloody should be.

If you are grateful that Corney is running us then it may come to a shock to you that it many ways I'd prefer Robson and his mates to be our owners than the current landlords. Yes they like to make money and run but so what it would have meant we were doing well as opposed to being in this league. Yes they like to asset strip clubs by selling off the training ground for development- oh wait that's already happened to us. However, Robson flatly outright refused to sell the stadium, now who owns our stadium- oh right some shell company for whom the taxes for came out of the club's budget who are owned by two guys who no longer have having to do with our club. But in the landlords we trust hey chaps, now chin up.

Robson's brief business analysis aint no different to what's happened anyway.. Get in, sell the land, try and build on greenbelt. At least he didn't want clubs going under in the process.. Grateful that Corney isn't as shady as alot of owners/consortiums but what the principles were for any outside investors buying a club are fundamentally the same.

I am grateful to Corney for what he has done and it is not far to compare him to them, quite simply they couldn't give two :censored:s about any club involved. And as for saying the cut and run technique is ok becuase you can get into the Prem, name one club that has got stronger with that. Is it just me that thinks I would rather be in League 1 with an uncertain future than in the Prem watching the owners stood in a dock after breaking FL rules. The FL chairman said the punishments would be severe, this could be anything at the very least relegation. So back to square one with the club's name in ruin, and yes it would be found out. These were found out and they don't even own a club, it would eventully come out and then the club(s) involved will in serious trouble.

I thought the main point was that Bryan Robson is fronting a group happy to try and break FL rules by owning/influencing multiple clubs.

For those who didn't watch ere programme, can you give a brief synopsis of what happened/what it was about?

An undercover set of reporters approached a business about taking over a football club. They mainly featured on Bryan Robson and a Chinise buisness who explained ways of getting around FA rules to own two clubs and ways of making a quick profit such as selling a training ground below is the link.

http://www.channel4.com/progra​mmes/dispatches/4od#3212204

I thought the main point was that Bryan Robson is fronting a group happy to try and break FL rules by owning/influencing multiple clubs.

It was, I think.

Got to wonder how much the footage has been manipulated with creative editing with these undercover documentaries, though.

Apart from the Robson issue, the other point was that Simm could use his contact (Alex Ferguson) to get players for the clubs they were trying to buy. Don't see a lot wrong with that - wasn't a big reason why Dickov got this job because of the contacts he has?

So what on 'facts' 2-4?

As garcon said, Robson is in the :censored: now. No one else has been implicated badly, though bloody hell the FL need to get their house in order. Clubs owned by dead people, insane. It obviously wasn't impossible to get that information...evidently nobody has bothered, or is bothered for that matter.

The FL know the problems, but it was stated that they haven't the money, or resources to find out who really owns the clubs. The companies were all listed offshore, and it would be next to impossible to trace who the real owners are. Look at Leeds no-one new the owners, only that Bates was the front man. When their was a possibility of promotion and a fit and proper board were required by the Premier League, Bates stated that he was now the sole owner, and had bought out the other members of the consortium.