LATICS STAYInG AT BP

great news this :grin:

i was neither pro or anti Failsworth just pro-progress - but redeveloping BP is what I always would have wanted given the choice.

I just hope that any plans unveiled consist of more than three patched up stands and a new north stand with a few bells and whistles

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon has them by the danglers and the council know it……the NIMBYS won't have a voice this time as it will cost the council too much to counteract any suit the club brings against OMBC's super duper barrister (Paid £140k a year for two days work a week) and their incompetent panning buffoons…..

What about those who have bought the new houses at BP, won't they object to this plan ?

Also been thinking about how they are going to do this. I personally can't see them doing it 'stand by stand' per se. I think if whatever they build where the lookers is has a capacity of 4000 or so, then they will demolish both the chaddy and current main stand, purely to save on maintenance costs, and we will have a two sided ground for a while.

If they do do it on a stand by stand, I imagine the chaddy end will follow, purely because we already have outline permission for this?

it could be that we build a relatively decent Broadway Stand with all the facilities but at a reduced capacity, then build a couple of cheap semi-permanent structures where the Chaddy and Main Stand are like the ones at Blackpool and Fulham

Edited by Tommy_Fent

it could be that we build a relatively decent Broadway Stand with all the facilities but at a reduced capacity, then build a couple of cheap semi-permanent structures where the Chaddy and Main Stand are like the ones at Blackpool and Fulham

That would make sense, as its the chaddy end and current main stand that are costing money to maintain. I imagine they would be pulled down at the earliest opportunity.

jesus f***ing christ!!!

Do some of you on here EVER EVER stop MOANING????

The council and club are working together - that in itself is quite astonishing.

A new stand is fine - we NEED one.

WAIT until the club announces its plans for the longer term for the rest of it, you never know Ray Ranson may well be involed down the line somewhere if you believe all the talk.

And WHATEVER happens regards the ground, NONE of us can affect what decisions are made - stopping short of washing hands of the club completely because it CHOSE TO STAY at its current home??? yeah..ok..makes sense.....

Whatever happens we will HAVE to accept it - trust the directors in having the brain cells to realise that a new stand in it's own will NOT mean a sustaunable club.

BP always has been the best choice - large plot, the best motorway links in the football league.

Whatever happens can we affect it - NO.

Stop worrying about this plan and that plan and 'oh now that doesn't add up' - what will be will quite frankly be and we need to get behind the club whatever the developments.

Our partner in this SportsolutionsGB

lol few missing contributors.. Bob? Ross? Newyorkboss ;-) Chaplain? Royle Army, (What a midfield that is)

If you look at my posts from February when Failsworth was given the kibosh I was imploring the club to ensure they had exhausted all additional funding and grant avenues to develop BP, and hey presto a million quid appears on the horizon. Amazing when you look hard enough and suddenly gain an appetite to make something happen innit?

Glad BP is now the only viable option, but this really is end game imo, we've backed the council into a corner and it really does seem to be a 'take it or leave it' proposal from the whipper snapper McMahon….

Edited by oafcprozac

How to rebuild B.P.

1 build new north stand capacity 4500(split 3000/1500) 70yds behind current touchline and extend large section rre to match (capacity 5000) with corner tower for police control team entrance etc between .turn and move pitch accross to match .

2.demolish and rebuild chaddy 5000 capacity matching up with new stands with gap to new north stand .

3 demolish and rebuild main stand 4500 capacity linking up into a bowl with new chaddy and rre .

offices shop etc to be built onto back of tower in north/rre corner exec boxes at back of rre .

north stand visitors as seperate structure easier to police but flexible like rre.

19.000 capacity large but not too big . Time scale 3 seasons from sart

:censored: knows how to pay for the lot but worth a try ?

thoughts ?

jesus f***ing christ!!!

Do some of you on here EVER EVER stop MOANING????

The council and club are working together - that in itself is quite astonishing.

A new stand is fine - we NEED one.

WAIT until the club announces its plans for the longer term for the rest of it, you never know Ray Ranson may well be involed down the line somewhere if you believe all the talk.

And WHATEVER happens regards the ground, NONE of us can affect what decisions are made - stopping short of washing hands of the club completely because it CHOSE TO STAY at its current home??? yeah..ok..makes sense.....

Whatever happens we will HAVE to accept it - trust the directors in having the brain cells to realise that a new stand in it's own will NOT mean a sustaunable club.

BP always has been the best choice - large plot, the best motorway links in the football league.

Whatever happens can we affect it - NO.

Stop worrying about this plan and that plan and 'oh now that doesn't add up' - what will be will quite frankly be and we need to get behind the club whatever the developments.

We need three, not just one. Thats what the concern is, re the plans for the other two.

How to rebuild B.P.

1 build new north stand capacity 4500(split 3000/1500) 70yds behind current touchline and extend large section rre to match (capacity 5000) with corner tower for police control team entrance etc between .turn and move pitch accross to match .

2.demolish and rebuild chaddy 5000 capacity matching up with new stands with gap to new north stand .

3 demolish and rebuild main stand 4500 capacity linking up into a bowl with new chaddy and rre .

offices shop etc to be built onto back of tower in north/rre corner exec boxes at back of rre .

north stand visitors as seperate structure easier to police but flexible like rre.

19.000 capacity large but not too big . Time scale 3 seasons from sart

:censored: knows how to pay for the lot but worth a try ?

thoughts ?

Where the lookers once was will probably be the new 'main stand' with the facilities in.

Shave 7k off your capacity and thats probably a bit closer to what we are going to get.

Where the lookers once was will probably be the new 'main stand' with the facilities in.

Shave 7k off your capacity and thats probably a bit closer to what we are going to get.

15,000 would be more than enough, we struggled to fill 13,500 in three seasons in the Championship in the mid-90s….

wasnt the capacity 16k, with the original new stand plans?

around the same estimated cost wasnt it?

Same here

The current main stand and chaddy end will not last another five years, however much the club may want to patch it up. What are the club going to do when the time comes that Health and Safety will no longer give main stand and chaddy end a safety certificate, then we are left with a two sided stadium!!!

Have we attempted to patch the Chaddy up? To me the stand has never ever changed in my time watching Oldham, the only thing that changes is the white paint on the roof fades more and more each year.

Good to see that at last the Council are at last showing interest in the clubs plight. However I also notice they have asked a certain OLDHAM ATHLETIC to fan, ex football player supreme, Paul Scholes to become an ambassador for the town to cash in on the 2012 London Olympics.

Makes you wonder if Paul answered them as follows: "Why should I when you the Council fail to support Oldham's home town team, OLDHAM ATHLETIC ?"

Whether or not, I do agree with some of the contributions above, who mention that the new stand should be built further back than the previous stand and move the pitch nearer to the new stand. This would then allow the old main stand to be built on the same size and scale as the new Broadway stand, making the ground nice an square. After that the Chaddy end could be rebuilt and the RRE be extended in time to finish off the stadium. May take time but I feel that the atmosphere that is missing at the moment would increase enormously.

For now I just pray that this is the turning point, after years of anguish, for the the club to achieve it's aim of a ground to be proud of.

People thought opposing a move to Failsworth was short-sighted; writing off this proposal before knowing any of the real details is far more so, IMO.

Even though I was/am 'anti-Failsworth', the above is my quote of the day. Well said, StevieJ.

Edited by Yard Dog

Some people have mentioned rotating the pitch etc so that the RRE and chaddy become the sides, and whilst could possibly be a good idea, this means going all through planning permission and NIMBY's will fight it etc, and in the end, it could take another few years just to gain planning permission. Club can't afford to wait that long. Good idea, but i doubt it is now feasible.

Well,i think we are very soon going to find out TTA's real modus operandi.

And yes,this is going to end in tears....

I think this is last years hit.

This years crowds will see a big increase, so the rapidly diminishing crowds becomes null and void. The Southern base to the League was a sginificant factor

The new stand at least will have revenue streams, that is clear so self financing is well under way

We will have to wait and see if the ground financing plan to redevelop the rest of the stadium is part of th eplan. Indications hint strongly at that.

So it is entirely feaible the TTA deliver crowds on the up, move to self finaincing, and a redeveloped BP.

What is wrong with at modus oeprandi.

I think modus operandi means literally the way they operate. Whilst mistakes have been made, given the circumstances and political situation I don't think we could have dared hope The TTA would get to this point, even recently.

There have been a few comments over recent months from fans with contacts in various places, suggesting that they knew of some developments. However, they were advised to keep their counsel so as not to potentially ruin the club’s chances of getting it right this time.

Were these the plans the chosen few had heard about?

Like a number of fans I would have preferred a new state of the art stadium within the borough, but maybe this is the club’s best last option?

Just out of interest the original Oldham Arena plans had the following proposals for the new Broadway stand:

NORTH STAND

‘Currently the Broadway Stand, this would become the new main stand with a seating capacity of 5,200.

At ground floor level it would accommodate the main players' and executive entrances with a shop, ticketing office, cafe and restaurant, with turnstile access to the first floor concourse.

Conference/banqueting facilities for up to 1000 guests would be provided for match and non-matchdays.

Upper floors would house club offices, a directors' suite and executive boxes with external seating.

Above third floor level would be 85,000 square feet of lettable office accommodation on up to three separate levels.

Ian Hill said: "At present, large business conferences, school presentation evenings, wedding receptions and any event at which a large number of people gather are being held outside of town.

"With this in mind, we propose to build facilities within our new main stand that would accommodate 500 people for banqueting and 1,000 people, theatre-style for conferences."

Additional facilities around the arena would be capable of hosting meetings from 10 people upwards to satisfy smaller requirements.’

If it gets the seal of approval from the Council and the green light is given, I personally feel we should build a new family stand where the Lookers used to be. If that happens it could be built in a reasonable timescale.

For example, Hibernian knocked down their East Stand in January 2010 and rebuilt a completely new stand that held a capacity of 6'400 prior to the new season starting in August 2010. I believe it cost close to £4 million to build and that was including cost to knock down the old East Stand. 7 months to build, impressive.

This means that if Latics get the ball rolling, realistically it shouldn't take any longer than 6-9 months to build a brand spanking new main stand with all the fancy bits inside including offices, changing rooms and a club shop. If the cost isn't ridiculous there should be money left over, so I say with that get rid of the current main stand and rebuild a small, all-standing stand in its place that holds a few thousand of us there. I know if it was all-standing it would make all the hardcores (do we have any?!) happy as they cannot bare to sit down for any longer than 10 seconds or so.

Here is a clip of Hibernian's East Stand being built from start to finish if any of you are interested...

Also been thinking about how they are going to do this. I personally can't see them doing it 'stand by stand' per se. I think if whatever they build where the lookers is has a capacity of 4000 or so, then they will demolish both the chaddy and current main stand, purely to save on maintenance costs, and we will have a two sided ground for a while.

If they do do it on a stand by stand, I imagine the chaddy end will follow, purely because we already have outline permission for this?

Is the outline planning permission still valid if the club no longer own the land on which it was based and if it is only a partial development?