Lets Fill BP Next Saturday

First game of the season is a week today against Sheffield United. With a more positive outlook both on and off the pitch lets try and fill BP for the game. We've only got the Main Stand and the Chaddy End which have a capacity of just over 6,200. I reckon we could fill our ends with it being the first game and playing Sheffield United as well.

Would make for a great atmosphere if BP was packed!

I can assure you I will take up three seats as I will be asleep before the game and hopefully, not during as I will have been awake for more than 24hrs then.

Oh yes apologies in advance as I will have sweaty feet - minimum from the walk....hmmm....maybe I will have emptied the Chaddy end instead.

Oh dear..:shock:

Sheff U have already sold 2000, and that's only to away ticket members!

They go on general sale tomorrow, and with it being the first game of the season, I can see them maybe even selling out.

I reckon we're looking at a minimum 8500 crowd.

Edited by Simpo

Not to put a dampner on things, but there is utterly no chance of us filling BP.

Maybe 5K Oldham, 2K Sheepy folk.

Probably but I think it could be done if everyone made an effort to get people down to the game, who knows?

i have been nagging a die-hard red at work to come to the match and backed him into a verbal corner yesterday and said 'your coming' - he kept saying 'ill let you know tomorrow', which with him always means im not up for it. Booked one onlinr for him so he had no going back <_<

I enticed him with sunshine, the chance to visit the Theatre of Reality and to see how damn good Kieran Lee is!

So thats a season ticket holder plus a red - lets make it 'bring a united friend to the game' day :grin:

I'd never bring a United fan. Most of their 'fans' are up their own ass and close-minded.

Are they? I know a number of scum fans and there all season ticket holders and even come latics when scum are away and their all right. just when i give it to them they give it back.

I would suggest this is as good a game as any for season ticket holders to bring a friend for a fiver. Not a friend who whould have come anyway, but an occasional / new supporter who originally had no intention of watching Latics on Saturday.

According to their o/s, they have sold over 2-800 of their initial 3-000 allocation, 1-600 more available on request.

They should sell over 3-000 now with 4 days to go!!

The problem with bringing Man Utd fans are they all live abroad or in London

Im going with 3 others who usually go but we are taking my old man as well, he is a chelsea fan and a season ticket holder at Stamford Bridge, he is in for a treat we were teaching him the songs last night lets say he is urm.... vocal with his singing

Dont worry we were born in London like myself and support our local team but im hooked on latics due to the Mrs family its a 6 hour round journey for us but im buzzing already

KTF

I'd be really disappointed given the pre-season we've had and it being a lancs/yorks derby to start with if we don't sell the place out. I'd be disappointed but not surprised!

Not much optimism from blades that I know but i'm always wary of a team managed by danny wilson. They have a habit of turning us over on a frequent basis.

The lads seem up for it, as am i, so roll on saturday!