Failsworth v Boundary Park

If you don't want me set me free...  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should we stay or should we go now?

• Failsworth development, with mill chimneys and such
    • Brick-by-brick redevelopment of Boundary Park, complete with motel and ten-pin bowling facilities

? That link doesn't tell us anything...

Its true... The housing would NEVER of generated £80 million!

no your right it wouldnt of...but the money was coming from the sale of the land to developers..which was roughly 60 million i believe,the other money was coming from external investors plus once the new main stand was up and running it was hoped it would self fund other aspects of the build...but then as we know the world broke!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's really mentioned the Charity Commission yet. We've talked about the council and Corney, but the real b'stard here is the Charity Commission for deciding we couldn't have Failsworth then slamming into reverse.

Sorry if I've missed some big news, but what's this about the Charity Commission changing its mind?

My understanding is that the Charity Commission decision remains unchanged and it related to the land adjacent to the access to the Lancaster Club site. For a football stadium to have been built, that access needed to be much wider. Hence the need to incorporate the Council's land.

The Council's proposals for the Lancaster Club site do not need to incorporate the land dealt with by the Charity Commission. The existing access will be sufficient for the purposes that don't involve thousands of people attending.

So Failsworth is dead and all we have is the latest proposal to redevelop BP.

Sorry if I've missed some big news, but what's this about the Charity Commission changing its mind?

My understanding is that the Charity Commission decision remains unchanged and it related to the land adjacent to the access to the Lancaster Club site. For a football stadium to have been built, that access needed to be much wider. Hence the need to incorporate the Council's land.

The Council's proposals for the Lancaster Club site do not need to incorporate the land dealt with by the Charity Commission. The existing access will be sufficient for the purposes that don't involve thousands of people attending.

Article in the MEN stating the Commission is reversing it decision...

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/p/1454667

EDIT: site seems down for the moment...

Edited by oafc0000

Just one question, am i right in thinking all this is our land?

11hdt39.jpg

or is it less than this? i'm struggling to see how we could fit retail facilities on this land, as the NIMBY's would be out in force if it was close to their land.. in saying that how do you fit a 20odd screen cinema in the Printworks, i guess we'd have to build upwards!

Anyone know/hazard a guess at the current BP acreage compared to the 30 acres we thought we would need?

Anyone know/hazard a guess at the current BP acreage compared to the 30 acres we thought we would need?

not 100% but think bp is about 22 acres....but could be less now that the land that used to be the carpark has been sold....

this is what they wanted to build at bp oribinally

bp

Edited by edhunteruk

You for real? Failsworth plan is bigger than the BP site now.

Says who?

The Failsworth stadium was going to seat c12,000 as far as I'm aware, and the likelyhood of this being increased was negligible at best.

BP currently holds around 10,000 and with a new mainstand could hold 13,14, or maybe even 15,000.

Add to this the fact that the plan to redevelop BP is far more fluid than the completed design for Failsworth, and we could be looking at even more. Who is to say we wont finally achieve the promotion we've all been dreaming of in a couple of years and manage to keep ourselves in the Championship. Gradual development of the BP site means we potentially have the flexibility to take advantage of any upturn in footballing fortunes as far as the stadium is concerned.

The Lib Dems appealed the decision and the ruling came through as a yes apparently. Seperate to the current councils plans.

Says who?

The Failsworth stadium was going to seat c12,000 as far as I'm aware, and the likelyhood of this being increased was negligible at best.

BP currently holds around 10,000 and with a new mainstand could hold 13,14, or maybe even 15,000.

Add to this the fact that the plan to redevelop BP is far more fluid than the completed design for Failsworth, and we could be looking at even more. Who is to say we wont finally achieve the promotion we've all been dreaming of in a couple of years and manage to keep ourselves in the Championship. Gradual development of the BP site means we potentially have the flexibility to take advantage of any upturn in footballing fortunes as far as the stadium is concerned.

The site at failsworth was certainly bigger, and I suspect the plans will be too, as I can't see the site here incorporating 3g pitches. But I suppose fans will have to wait and see until the full plans are revealed before comparisons are made.

Carl, the site was definitely bigger but Lee had responded to al_bro's post about Failsworth being too small and condemning us to lower league football forever. I'm fairly certain tha al_bro was talking about capacity.

All I was saying is that the stadium can be in essence whatever we want it to be (subject to being able to pay for it) as we don't have to cast the plans in stone for a while yet.

But, as Harry says, tangible progress at whichever site is now the order of the day.

You for real? Failsworth plan is bigger than the BP site now.

I meant the stadium itself. BP could easily be turned into a 20000 seat stadium. The only income from non matchdays that Failsworth offered which there is no room for at BP were the football pitches. Everything else could be accommodated. Gym, hotel, confernce centre, banqueting facilities, offices, cinema, retail etc. It would be a tight squeeze, but these things were in the previous plans.

Edited by al_bro