Was it a red?

From the chaddy, it looked like a 50/50 tackle and thats about it. their player went down, hudds surrounded the ref and he was off.

reminds me of the dale red last season when it looked like a nothing tackle until the tv replays so i'll wait to see that first but dickov didnt seem to be happy.

shame because he was having a great game too! did enough to get roberts subbed and a great assist, looks like he'll be good competition for black

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the chaddy, it looked like a 50/50 tackle and thats about it. their player went down, hudds surrounded the ref and he was off.

reminds me of the dale red last season when it looked like a nothing tackle until the tv replays so i'll wait to see that first but dickov didnt seem to be happy.

shame because he was having a great game too! did enough to get roberts subbed and a great assist, looks like he'll be good competition for black

Looked a definate red from where I was sat.

At the end of the day, their lad went off injured, and could be facing a spell on the sidelines.

Imagine if their centre half had put the very same tackle on Kuqi, just signed by us and probably one of the higher earners, and kuqi went off hurt. I somehow think a few people who were saying 'never a red' may have held a different opinion if it was the other way round, and would have been somewhat incensed if a yellow was shown and it was the other way round.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure most people on here have seen people stay on the field for worse than that, but I think the referee got it right.

sat in the Chaddy and thought 50/50 an just caught him on the follow through and thought it was a hash sending off

but..just seen it on SSN and "ouch"...wipeout, ref had no option had to be a red

still buzzing from the game, great atmosphere too...we have potential..

Bring em on...

Trotman's was a second yellow so not a valid argument, I was angry with the red but looking back it was worthy of a red.

When it comes down to it though, its almost a natural reaction to think 'never a red' when your own man gets a straight red in a home game.

Theres only a handfull of games when we had an outfield player getting a straight red at Boundary Park when I thought at the time 'he's walking'. The incidents that spring to mind are Stuart Thom vs Stoke (last man) and Daz Sheridan (forget the game but it was for a blatant elbow)

sat in the Chaddy and thought 50/50 an just caught him on the follow through and thought it was a hash sending off

but..just seen it on SSN and "ouch"...wipeout, ref had no option had to be a red

still buzzing from the game, great atmosphere too...we have potential..

Bring em on...

there was quite a good atmosphere second half for once. Really enjoyed the game today too

i think if the udders players hadn't of reacted like they did he would have got away with a yellow.Haven't seen a replay of it yet.

Disappointed with their players today the way the went down some like they had broken a leg yet as soon as they saw they were only getting a free kick they quickly got back up.

Poor when a side have to resort to those tactics.

Latics played well today especially in the second half when we could have won it until the red card.

Something positive to work on and i think Kuqi and Reid could form a useful partnership !!!

At the time I thought it was a foul but not a red, it was a genuine attempt for the ball that was just a bit mis-timed.

Dickov gave their player a right mouthful as he hobbled off the pitch and up the steps, and Terry Mcdermot was sympathetic to diallo as he walked off!

Diallo had a great gane and was my MOM up until he got sent off!

Definate Red card can't go in feet of the ground studs showing these days. He's not gone in to do him but it was a dangerous tackle

Shame really as I thought he had a decent game has a good touch and looks good going forward.

I bet he is mint on the dancefloor aswell :pimp:

Edited by GlossopLatic

At the time I thought it was a foul but not a red, it was a genuine attempt for the ball that was just a bit mis-timed.

Dickov gave their player a right mouthful as he hobbled off the pitch and up the steps, and Terry Mcdermot was sympathetic to diallo as he walked off!

Diallo had a great gane and was my MOM up until he got sent off!

Ditto.

Not seen it yet, but looked a yellow. It wasn't a dirty game and the ref didn't band yellows about all over the place, so thought he might be a bit lenient. Seemed he mis-controlled it and slid in to get it back.

Great game, good atmosphere and definitely a point gained as they missed a lot of chances. Think it was the best we've played so far this season - we never gave up although once down to ten men it was backs to the wall.

That free-kick at the end for us was very frustrating - under the cosh, with time ticking down and probably our last chance of the game and Mellor puts it straight into touch. Hope Dickov has a word...