Simon Corney Announcement

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you are one letter short....

Accordin to my grandad who did the family history / research years back, he's a very distant relative.

Im gonna start drawin up my wish list, i dont want much.. think il start with the assistant manager's job! Lol.

I think some people on here could be getting their hopes up, ala the whole evolution shebang.

Maybe.

But if they've got a stand to build for £6m but only got the funding for £1.5m, and the building is going to start next year (per previous Corney comment IIRC) then something more interesting than a change of owl badge is due at some point.

If it's nothing to do with the ownership of the club / new stand then I'd wildly speculate (without knowledge) that Alan Hardy may be calling it a day.

Big Gord mentioned it twice yesterday - first time described it as an "interview with SC", then as an "announcement that all Latics fans need to hear" or something along them lines.

Interesting the context with which he mentioned it, both times following even more heartfelt than usual pleas for fans to get down to BP due to the club "needing your support". Instantly made me think it would be bad news but hopefully that's just me being cynical and reading too much into it!

If it's nothing to do with the ownership of the club / new stand then I'd wildly speculate (without knowledge) that Alan Hardy may be calling it a day.

Thought that myself,

im suprised whatever the news is has not already bin revealed on here coz theres usually a few 'ITK'

Maybe.

But if they've got a stand to build for £6m but only got the funding for £1.5m, and the building is going to start next year (per previous Corney comment IIRC) then something more interesting than a change of owl badge is due at some point.

Does not fit into the " announcement that all Latics fans need to hear" int he context of pleas for fans to attend the matches IMHO

As mentioned I think build new stand related

Some have mentioned PD contract extension and I would be happy with that just as much but feel that would not come from a SC interview exclusive.

Edited by singe