Newton's return confirmed

Those who question what Taggart does, we now know. He'll be the security guard keeping Newton away from the training ground.

Welcome back to BP Mike.. Look forward to seeing other people added to the board in within the next few years..

Saw him at the Burnley pre-season game. He was by the bench at Half Time, talking in a jovial manner to Bradley Diallo, Tarky and Phil McGrath. As the management team came down the steps ahead of the second half, each one of them gave him the 'man shake'.......there didnt look to be any issues there.

In his 1st spell, he struck me as a middle man sort; someone who can possibly broker deals and introduce possible investors into the club; rather than a money man himself (as has been proved at Vale).

If SC has sanctioned his return; then there appears to be little 'bad blood' there and if Newton can help push us forward; then so what if he likes to do some real-life Football Manager and watch training?

Welcome back Mike, hope you start up the blogs again*

*less the football reviews; stick to the financials!! :wink:

from the article and fans sightings in pre season seems he has been back for a while so the players/management will know of him.

He likes to go and watch the team train when he is back on occasion from the USA.

To be fair, as long as he works hard and in the club's interests to make us better and push us forward, i couldn't give 2 sh1ts if he goes to the training ground or not - if this was the cause of problems last time then all concerned will know of this, and if PD isn't happy about it he'll make himself quite clear.

He is back - we can't control that.

He watches the team train - guess what? we can't control that either.

I suggest people stop nit picking over the slightest bug bear and let the club get on with things.

We as fans have not appointed him again, SC and the board have - if they want him involved despite past differences then so what?

damned if they do, damned if they don't

Tell you what, if you're all that worried about a club director attending training, then why don't you alter your shifts at work and go and join him to make sure nothing untoward happens...

yes to this.

sounds to me he has been brought in to plug the £4million gap for the new stand. not to invest himself but use his 'financial expertise' to bring the investment in

Exactly what I was thinking, he's come back purely because we have permission to build a new stand / stadium. I'm just wondering if this / any investment will be made as a loan of sorts?

Edited by OAFC_Rob

Let's see how he goes on, remember he is a Stoke fan just like us and will want to do his best to see the club progress.

FIFY, somewhat mischeviosuly!

Seriosuly I do agree with you. If SC can forget then everyone should.

TBH, none of us know why he left, we just guessed.

AS others have said, I suspect he has learned a lot.

I liked his blogs.

Liked the fact he went to other clubs looking at what they did

Perhaps though, the time now should be spent to get things sorted rather being a voyeur would be the main criticism.

And keep his own counsel on team matters.

Worst kept secret is announced

Newton

Hope he stays away from the training ground and concentrates on the business side, as his support of Penney shows he knows fook-all about football…..

Not sure how I feel about this, I know we need more heads on the board, but his high-profile failures at Vale and Stockport despite getting the fans hopes hope, shows he has very little bunce behind him. Exactly what is this guy going to bring to the table?

I'm sure this will have already been suggested somewhere, but could his appointment not also be connected with Alan Hardy taking more of a back seat now due to his health concerns and impending retirement?