Brooke back from Barrow

I see Brooke is back from Barrow after a month , does anyone know how he did ?

2011– → Barrow (loan) 4 (0)

Played 4 scored none suggests he didnt exactly set the world alight . Do any of you lower league fans know how his general play was ?

Don't think he started a game!

His loan was only for one month.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2446460,00.html

Extracts from Barrow fans’ message board:

Re: Barrow vs Luton Match Thread

... Example 2) at 2-1 We create a clear opening, Dominic Rowe making a fantastic run, Slips the ball across the face, keeper in no man's land all Brooke has to do is stab at the ball and it's 2-2 instead he trys to step over it. Chance gone. ...

by Adam29

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:24 am

... good chances. Boyes has an effort saved that reminded me of Shevchenko's last minute shot in Istanbul. Christ knows how the keeper stopped it. Brooke missed from 12-18 inches. Really. It ridiculed and mocked Torres' miss last week. ...

by sanddevil-temp

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:31 pm

His loan was only for one month.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2446460,00.html

Extracts from Barrow fans’ message board:

... Example 2) at 2-1 We create a clear opening, Dominic Rowe making a fantastic run, Slips the ball across the face, keeper in no man's land all Brooke has to do is stab at the ball and it's 2-2 instead he trys to step over it. Chance gone. ...

by Adam29

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:24 am

... good chances. Boyes has an effort saved that reminded me of Shevchenko's last minute shot in Istanbul. Christ knows how the keeper stopped it. Brooke missed from 12-18 inches. Really. It ridiculed and mocked Torres' miss last week. ...

by sanddevil-temp

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Most natural striker we have

Think Big Joe got this one wrong Im afraid

Can't see Brooke making it as a professional footballer but would love to be proved wrong, shame he had a great start to his career at Walsall!

He has a huge (rest of) season ahead of him doesn't he? If he gets another chance in the 1st team; he has to take it this time and go on to cement his place.

I have to be honest here and say that whilst I haven't written him off; I think a slide down the football pyramid beckons for the lad - a la a Matty Barlow, Wolfy, Michael Pearson et all.

I see Brooke is back from Barrow after a month , does anyone know how he did ?

2011– → Barrow (loan) 4 (0)

Played 4 scored none suggests he didnt exactly set the world alight . Do any of you lower league fans know how his general play was ?

Maybe Latics should persuade Barrow to keep Brooke and let us have their top scorer (10 goals in 14 games).

Looks a handy lad on this profile;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Boyes

Haha. Somehow I doubt they'd be willing to swap them!

Tongue in cheek Crusoe, mind you it's about time this Barrow connection became a two way thing.wink.gif

It's marvellous though when a conference club seemingly rate one of their own young players higher than one who will go into a first division clubs first team squad.blush.gif

What's the odds Boyes finishes up at Chesterfield ?

Tongue in cheek Crusoe, mind you it's about time this Barrow connection became a two way thing.wink.gif

It's marvellous though when a conference club seemingly rate one of their own young players higher than one who will go into a first division clubs first team squad.blush.gif

What's the odds Boyes finishes up at Chesterfield ?

Heh. Got me there!