Burton a 'cat b'

I believe Burton have to agree to any price proposal too. We can't say "it's a tenner" without their agreement.

Let's enjoy the FA Cup and not devalue it too much.

(Should have been a C game though!)

What o4u said. Isn't the split in gate receipts something like 40% us, 40% them, £20% FA?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that Burton wanted Category B so I propose the club give anyone who attends a voucher, so if we do get a decent 3rd round tie they get priority or if we don't give them a discount for another game.

I think that would work. It doesn't even need to be a voucher, could simply be a case of retaining your ticket stub? Would cost the club absolutely nothing too.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Didn't the club say that the main factor regarding the categorisation of games would be the number of away fans attending? As was said here, Burton will surely bring at least 500 or so???

Maybe, but it certainly won't be the day out to the high-flying big-spending club we were in '02, just a run of the mill away cup-tie to a team slightly above them with an inferior ground….so unlike last time where they brought at least 1500...

Edited by oafcprozac

Maybe, but it certainly won't be the day out to the high-flying big-spending club we were in '02, just a run of the mill away cup-tie to a team slightly above them with an inferior ground….so unlike last time where they brought at least 1500...

If we could have kept that team together for just one more season we would have pissed this division in 2003/2004 :disappointed:

If we could have kept that team together for just one more season we would have pissed this division in 2003/2004 :disappointed:

Yep, said it all that Plymuff walked it and QPR were only runners up and an average Brighton (with Leon Knight's goals) went up….even the year after Luton walked it, Hull had spent money fair enough then Sheff Wed scraped home in the Play offs but Hartlepool getting to Cardiff says it all…we definitely wopuld have pissed it, but yet again fate shat on us from a great height….

I still say Ronnie would have not made the mistakes Shez made in 06/07 and he would have finished the job he started…instead we pandered to the :censored:-outs that still don't attend today….but get a settled team and a goalscorer and you have a chance in this leaguer, although it has been dominated by bigger clubs over the last few years

Watford

Bristol City

Grimsby Town

Fulham

Walsall

Man City

PNE

Burnley

Gillingham

Millwall

Rotherham

Walsall

Brighton

Reading

Stoke

Wigan

Crewe

Cardiff

Plymouth

QPR

Brighton

Luton

Hull

Sheff Wed

Southend

Colchester

Barnsley

Scunthorpe

Bristol City

Blackpool

Swansea

Doncaster

Leicester

Peterborough

Scunthorpe

Norwich

Leeds

Millwall

Brighton

Southampton

Peterborough

Teams promoted since we came into this league…surely we'll get a turn……eventually….

Edited by oafcprozac

Yep, said it all that Plymuff walked it and QPR were only runners up and an average Brighton (with Leon Knight's goals) went up….even the year after Luton walked it, Hull had spent money fair enough then Sheff Wed scraped home…we definitely wopuld have pissed it, but yet again fate shat on us from a great height….

I still say ronnie would have not made the mistakes Shez made in 06/07 and he would have finished the job he started…instead we pandered to the :censored:-outs that still don't attend today….

I think I'd have stopped my season ticket & picked the odd game here & there if the prospect was another season of neck-ache……..

Success at the expense of entertainment. Ronnie just may; just have got us up - but it would have been truly awful to watch.

Now, if we could have kept Dowie & his squad together - now that's a different story. That was entertainment………..

I think I'd have stopped my season ticket & picked the odd game here & there if the prospect was another season of neck-ache……..

Success at the expense of entertainment. Ronnie just may; just have got us up - but it would have been truly awful to watch.

Now, if we could have kept Dowie & his squad together - now that's a different story. That was entertainment………..

Still think if that t**t littlejohn hadn't injured Pogs we would have maintained the momentum to go up automatically.

Still think if that t**t littlejohn hadn't injured Pogs we would have maintained the momentum to go up automatically.

Maybe, the fact we only won one home league game at home between beating Stockport 2-0 on November 2nd and Beating Colchester 2-0 on March 8th didn't help either….Pogs' injury papered over Dowie's inability to replicate the away form at home….that's why it was such a monumental dropped bollock when he played that weakened team at Hudds and cost us the away the leg first…instead we played at home first and were up against it in the 2nd Leg...

Edited by oafcprozac

Really? I went to 50 games that season and the odd home game apart, the highlights were the backs to the wall away performances like Plymouth (2 down in 7 minutes), Swindon (ten men) yet won, West Ham, Derby, Wycombe (ten men again) etc… Mansfield - The Clyde show was good as were the two consecutive four nillers around Easter, the rest of it was pretty :censored:e AT HOME….we drew far too many games at Home and it cost us promotion simples. Our away record was feckin' awesome and it was criminal we didn't go up!

the rest of it was pretty :censored:e AT HOME

I've not checked the stats, but I suspect our home record for the past few seasons is poorer than it should be for the position we finish the league in.

Gut feeling only. But if our percentage of points gained at home is lower than most other teams it would partially explain crowd drops.

I've not checked the stats, but I suspect our home record for the past few seasons is poorer than it should be for the position we finish the league in.

Gut feeling only. But if our percentage of points gained at home is lower than most other teams it would partially explain crowd drops.

I've based the following stats on Calendar years, rather than season by season - All the seasons have began merging into one now..certainly over the last five years or so….

CALENDAR YEAR WINS:

1998 League 6 Cup 2 Total 8

1999 League 8 Cup 2 Total 10

2000 League 10 Cup 1 Total 11

2001 League 13 Cup 1 Total 14

2002 League 13 Cup 1 Total 14

2003 League 10 Cup 1 Total 11

2004 League 11 Cup 4 Total 15

2005 League 10 Cup 2 Total 12

2006 League 13 Cup 0 Total 13

2007 League 7 Cup 2 Total 9

2008 League 14 Cup 0 Total 14

2009 League 6 Cup 0 Total 6

2010 League 8 Cup 0 Total 8

2011 League6 Cup 0 Total 6 (still minimum of 7 home games left in 2011)

So the bit in bold, that the reason why crowds have declined so alarmingly?

If I added in how many league and cup goals we scored in those calendar years, then I reckon the trend would be similar...

Edited by oafcprozac

I've based the following stats on Calendar years, rather than season by season - All the seasons have began merging into one now..certainly over the last five years or so….

CALENDAR YEAR WINS:

1998 League 6 Cup 2 Total 8

1999 League 8 Cup 2 Total 10

2000 League 10 Cup 1 Total 11

2001 League 13 Cup 1 Total 14

2002 League 13 Cup 1 Total 14

2003 League 10 Cup 1 Total 11

2004 League 11 Cup 4 Total 15

2005 League 10 Cup 2 Total 12

2006 League 13 Cup 0 Total 13

2007 League 7 Cup 2 Total 9

2008 League 14 Cup 0 Total 14

2009 League 6 Cup 0 Total 6

2010 League 8 Cup 0 Total 8

2011 League6 Cup 0 Total 6 (still minimum of 7 home games left in 2011)

So the bit in bold, that the reason why crowds have declined so alarmingly?

If I added in how many league and cup goals we scored in those calendar years, then I reckon the trend would be similar...

2011 - 20 goals

2010 - 27

2009 - 22

2008 - 48

2007 - 31

2006 - 34

2005 - 45

2004 - 59

2003 - 43

2002 - 57

2001 - 46

2000 - 32

1999 - 33

1998 - 34

The bold bit is woeful!!!!!!!! Even under Ritchie we were bagging more and bear in mind this is in ALL competitions!

Edited by oafcprozac

Maybe, the fact we only won one home league game at home between beating Stockport 2-0 on November 2nd and Beating Colchester 2-0 on March 8th didn't help either….Pogs' injury papered over Dowie's inability to replicate the away form at home….that's why it was such a monumental dropped bollock when he played that weakened team at Hudds and cost us the away the leg first…instead we played at home first and were up against it in the 2nd Leg...

And cost me a stack of cash on a E/W bet on Latics to win the division. Bastard.

Really? I went to 50 games that season and the odd home game apart, the highlights were the backs to the wall away performances like Plymouth (2 down in 7 minutes), Swindon (ten men) yet won, West Ham, Derby, Wycombe (ten men again) etc… Mansfield - The Clyde show was good as were the two consecutive four nillers around Easter, the rest of it was pretty :censored:e AT HOME….we drew far too many games at Home and it cost us promotion simples. Our away record was feckin' awesome and it was criminal we didn't go up!

Yep, really.

IMO the football that was played that season was a lot higher in standard than I'd seen for a good few years. Obviously it was coming off the back of Sharp, Warnock, Ritchie & his kids, Wadsworth…..but; yeah - I was entertained. Dowie's sides played some good stuff.

Watching a Dowie side or a Ronnie Moore side; I know which one I'd pick.

Yep, really.

IMO the football that was played that season was a lot higher in standard than I'd seen for a good few years. Obviously it was coming off the back of Sharp, Warnock, Ritchie & his kids, Wadsworth…..but; yeah - I was entertained. Dowie's sides played some good stuff.

Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Also first time in ages I remember us being a physical side as well - I felt the majority of the team, the majority of the time, would have run through brick walls for each other. I always felt confident we'd win - the only season I have felt like that supporting Latics (I missed out on Littlewoods Cup run and Promotion season :().

Hi

Me and my friend is travelling over next weekend and we want to watch the Oldham - Burton match, is it possible to buy tickets at the stadium on matchdays?

Regards

Lars

You can just pay on the door. There's no extra fee or anything and it won't be sold out.

Yep, really.

Agree 100% with Sly on this one. Ronnie's football was awful, although we may have spent a season or so "hoofing it" in The Championship it was :censored: to watch. Talbot's team was better to watch than Ronnie's!