Burton a 'cat b'

Thoughts and opinions, think the club should have made this a CAT C game, what with 4 home games so close together, think they have missed a trick, expect about 2,500-3,000 no more than that

Am i wrong?

Only thing think is they think they would make the same charging the extra than a cat C, for me would been better getting more people in and playing good football hoping they would come back, maybe they have had it from Burton that they can sell a lot of tickets

Sure in the cup thats after costing i.e police, steward acoounted for profits are split 50/50 betwenn the 2 clubs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repeating the decision of the Carlisle League Cup game.

So if you don't have a season ticket for the four games you'd be looking at a minimum of £71 for the four games (based on sitting in the paddock) - add in programmes, best part of a tenner, a bovril, strike it lucky tickets and you're looking at a ton….silly, surely a one off offer of say £45-£50 for the four games would make sense in getting in numbers? Trouble is the club only interested in the bottom line and i think they made money on the Carlisle game (certainly didn't lose) but an attendance of well under 2,000 was heartbreaking...

I've got a season ticket and paid the £18 for the Carlisle LC game, but having already missed two home games this season I'll be giving it real consideration in whether to bother or not. If I take my daughter it'll cost me well over £30 for a :censored:ty 1st Round FA Cup Tie…

Edited by oafcprozac

The club are losing money. It's all well offering reduced prices for games but it doesn't help us in terms of finances.

The FA Cup is a first team game and Burton aren't far away and will bring a crowd over.

We need to maximise revenue as much as possible to reduce the losses we operate in.

I'm guessing that Burton wanted Category B so I propose the club give anyone who attends a voucher, so if we do get a decent 3rd round tie they get priority or if we don't give them a discount for another game.

That's a good idea. Putting my pedantic hat on, I take it you mean anyone who isn't a season ticket holder as they get priority anyway, or do you mean a super priority category for season ticket holders who go as well?

That's a good idea. Putting my pedantic hat on, I take it you mean anyone who isn't a season ticket holder as they get priority anyway, or do you mean a super priority category for season ticket holders who go as well?

I didn't get that far tbh but they should do the latter one IMO

The club are losing money. It's all well offering reduced prices for games but it doesn't help us in terms of finances.

The FA Cup is a first team game and Burton aren't far away and will bring a crowd over.

We need to maximise revenue as much as possible to reduce the losses we operate in.

I'm doing my best to encourage Brewers' fans to come and spend their money at BP. B)

if it would be a cat B i have no issue as that would mean we were devaluing the cup

my gripe is that 12 days 4 home games bit insult to those fans who the club will know will go to all 4 regardless

But, as I've said before, it's cheaper for those fans than if one or two of the games had been away, with the additional expense involved on away trips.