JPT - A Golden Opportunity

Its shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

The amount of fans jippin off over beating crewe in the :censored:pot cup just makes me cringe.

Obviously you were one of the chosen thousands (who most have now deserted the club) who saw a wee bit of success "Back in the day", for all the unfortunate buggers who have only seen us play Wycombe, Walsall, Southend and Yeovil, the idea of maybe getting to Wembley and having a bit of success for once is.... well,.... worth "jippin off over".!!!

There's no grey area with the cup is there? Its either "im all for it" or "its :censored:e and we shouldnt bother"

Im firmly in the 'all for it' camp but others are of course entitled to their opinions.

Good blog i say, and i agree with almost all of it. Id like to hope it would have a positive effect on attendences afterwards; but i have a feeling the old Latics tops & scarfs would be put back in a box in the loft for the thousands of lapsed fans who would no doubt make the trip to Wembley as "oldham fans"

I'll probably be at the area final if its away and am really hoping for Bradford as they are the only team out of the 3 we don't already have the trip to in the league. Can only echo the sentiments about Wembley, and of course I'd rather the first time I see Oldham there is at the playoffs, but beggars can't be choosers.

There's no grey area with the cup is there? Its either "im all for it" or "its :censored:e and we shouldnt bother"

Im firmly in the 'all for it' camp but others are of course entitled to their opinions.

Good blog i say, and i agree with almost all of it. Id like to hope it would have a positive effect on attendences afterwards; but i have a feeling the old Latics tops & scarfs would be put back in a box in the loft for the thousands of lapsed fans who would no doubt make the trip to Wembley as "oldham fans"

In between the all for it and its :censored:e for JPT. Of course i'll attend all the home games we have in it, and maybe an away one if it was quite local (by that i mean Rochdale or Bury if we ever play them in it) and would want us to win, but feel it is low on priorities in my opinion.

Its shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

The amount of fans jippin off over beating crewe in the :censored:pot cup just makes me cringe.

good for you,say it how it is....

im firmly in the for it camp...i was lucky enough to see us play in the old wembley..and lets be realistic here...this is probably the only chance we got of going to the new one...my sons 13 he doesnt associate latics with success so if we get there ill be chuffed for him actually seeing us achieve something..at the end of the day its a cup final,bit of extra revenue and bit of extra media coverage..

I love the JPT. A chance for a visit to Wembley and the chance to play someone we don't normally play like Bratfud.

However, I did enjoy a long laugh after seeing this on our Unofficial Facebook page :lol:

:lol: Bless.

why the frig has that link taken me to Unofficial Royal Wedding Plates ?!

http://www.firebox.com/product/3425/Unofficial-Royal-Wedding-Plates?aff=512&awc=550_1321010522_0ef95741a47268b530fb4b81c99ddc82

It's better than the Scottish-Anglo Cup :lol:

I see your Scottish-Anglo cup and raise you...the Anglo-Italian cup. "Hey, let's get some lower league teams with no money to fly across Europe to play in front of half a dozen people. What could possibly go wrong?"

I was 14 when we got relegated and I'm still here most weeks. Unless its the JPT of course!! might go to the area final if its a tenner, wouldnt go to Wembley though, could take in a Barca match for a similar outlay.

But who cares about Barca?? You are a Latics fan right?

I was 14 when we got relegated and I'm still here most weeks. Unless its the JPT of course!! might go to the area final if its a tenner, wouldnt go to Wembley though, could take in a Barca match for a similar outlay.

Are you Latics Lee in disguise?

Anglo Scottish Cup .... crikey that brings back memories.

I wouldn't try belittling that competiton , massive crowd at Boundary Park for the final with Burnley .

We have had 14 pretty miserable years in Division 3 , sorry Division 1.

The manager is spot on going all out for the JPT , let's hope we get there , I think we deserve a great day like it would be.

I see your Scottish-Anglo cup and raise you...the Anglo-Italian cup. "Hey, let's get some lower league teams with no money to fly across Europe to play in front of half a dozen people. What could possibly go wrong?"

Sweet memories, a 0-0 draw in Genoa(Sampdoria stadium for the youngsters),the Italians were boycotting the game and there was about 700 in attendance with about 500 from latics and we were all in the gods with about 3000 coppers.......(attendance and police made up,but you know what i mean)

I honestly feel that the JPT represents our best chance of making progress as a club. At the very least, if we beat Bradford then we can look forward ro meaningful games in Januay & February. Get to the final and we will actually have a chance to win something. That, is surely, what means most to any group of professional sportsmen.

More than this though, I think that the momentum that winning and tasting that kind of success would provide to the team and the club would not only impact on this season but also next.

I'd be delighted to see Furman lift a trophy. Not just for that moment, but for the optimsm that would follow.