JPT - A Golden Opportunity

So how many will Bradford bring on a Tuesday night in December?

If it really is the rumoured 3,000, what should the admission price be?

£12 for me. Still free for kids. 7.45 kick off though.

7.45pm KO and £10 adults, Oldies £5 & Under 12's free for me.

Bradford won't bring 3,000 IMO - 1,500 Tops i'd say

So how many will Bradford bring on a Tuesday night in December?

If it really is the rumoured 3,000, what should the admission price be?

£12 for me. Still free for kids. 7.45 kick off though.

I'd make it a catergory C game which is what £14 not gonna break the bank to go and we need to make some money out of this

As for a JPt well trips to Wembley don't come around often as we have only been their twice in Wembley's 88 year existance so its not to be sniffed at when they come around we should take the opportunity.

I have no idea. But 3k did seem on the high side. I could understand a temptation to fleece that many!!

Do we sell half price raffle tickets to away fans?

I'll eat my hat if they bring that many over.

As I say, think the admission pricing should remain constant - if they bring around 1500, it should still be a good earner for the club

To put that in perspective....it's like us drawing City away, taking 1,200 (even though it's on't box)

then drawing Hudds/PNE (or someone even sh1tter than that) in the semi and everyone expecting us to take 3,000 when in reality we'd take 500, so i think all of this talk of 3,000 for a Jpt Semi (quarter Final) is a bit over excitable!!

Edited by alex_balls

To put that in perspective....it's like us drawing City away, taking 1,200 (even though it's on't box)

then drawing Hudds/PNE (or someone even sh1tter than that) in the semi and everyone expecting us to take 3,000 when in reality we'd take 500, so i think all of this talk of 3,000 for a Jpt Semi (quarter Final) is a bit over excitable!!

Other than the facts that Bradford to Sheffield is 50 miles and Oldham to Eastlands about 6, plus Sheef Utd not quite being a Man City, your analysis is spot on.

Your original post compared Latics at City to Bradford at Sheff Utd - glad to see you've had second thoughts...

Edited by apple

Other than the facts that Bradford to Sheffield is 50 miles and Oldham to Eastlands about 6, plus Sheef Utd not quite being a Man City, your analysis is spot on.

Your original post compared Latics at City to Bradford at Sheff Utd - glad to see you've had second thoughts...

I wasn't comparing distances, I was comparing the size of the game in that region!!! Us drawing City (in Greater Manchester) is like Bradford drawing Sheff U (In Yaaarkshire) there's only one team bigger than Sheff U in Yorkshire, despite what the Hudds fans would have you believe and thats Leeds, who you'd compare to Man U for us.

So you see, massive game for Bradford the other night, probably the biggest in their history, it's a bit of a come down now coming to BP, just like it would be us going to Hudds/PNE after beating City the round before, coz they are small fish to the games we have against City and United, do you remember the 90's??

I wasn't comparing distances, I was comparing the size of the game in that region!!! Us drawing City (in Greater Manchester) is like Bradford drawing Sheff U (In Yaaarkshire) there's only one team bigger than Sheff U in Yorkshire, despite what the Hudds fans would have you believe and thats Leeds, who you'd compare to Man U for us.

So you see, massive game for Bradford the other night, probably the biggest in their history, it's a bit of a come down now coming to BP, just like it would be us going to Hudds/PNE after beating City the round before, coz they are small fish to the games we have against City and United, do you remember the 90's??

That has to be the most incorrect statement ever on here!!!

Bigger than the FA cup Final, bigger than winning promotion to the Premiership etc etc....??!!

And I'd have to say the rest of your logic is ...how do I say this...flawed.

Distance is a major factor to how many fans travel so Sheffield for them can't be compared to Eastlands for us.

And the "come down" is irrelevant. They are getting closer to the final so that's the inducement!

Edited by apple

Doesn't even look like that was said with the tip of the tongue in cheek, outrageous statement.

Doesn't even look like that was said with the tip of the tongue in cheek, outrageous statement.

was only having a bubble, but I still don't think they'll bring 3,000 for what many see as a tinpot cup (not me by the way, i'm fully behind trying to get to wembley) but all those years we've played them in the league, and they brought what a 1,000.

i'll happily return after the game and eat humble pie if i'm worng, i'd be very impressed if they did bring that and it would go down well at Board Level.

Personal viewpoint on the JPT. I have not been to that many games in this competition under its various sponsors but I have been to a few, and these have been in last 5 years or so.

It is without doubt the lowest prestige competition that a football league team will enter, and I think particularly when we first entered it after relegation from the top 2 divisions for the first time in about 30 years it was very easy to see it as being beneath us. We were coping with the fact we had to enter the FA Cup in R1, nevermind playing in this 'trophy' thing.

However a big part of football is the dream of winning something - and we have to accept that as a "3rd Division" team it is almost impossible that we will win the FA or League Cups. So that leaves the possibility of winning your current divisional title and the Football League Trophy as the only genuine 'pots' we can win.

The 'play-offs' offer another opportunity to feel like you have won something as well these days, so that leaves 3 opportunites that Latics can realistically expect to win. Given the fact we have never won a cup, never even made the final of the play-offs and only once in my lifetime got promoted (and won the title to boot) - then I personally am now willing to accept the JPT as a legitimate competition and hope that we do well.

A day at the new Wembley (even if it is expensive etc) and a chance to celebrate winning something is a positive for me. Of course I'd prefer promotion, but I don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive and also I genuinely don't think that this season that is a realistic proposition anyway (a mild flirtation with the backend of the play-off spots is as good as I think it will get this season).

Top 10 finish, potentially a 'glamour' tie in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and a trip to Wembley in the JPT would be a good season and far better than some of the ones I have endured over the last decade or so.

Looking forward to the Bradford tie and £10 is great value.

IF we reached Wembley, how many do we think we would take? 10k?

This could be debated till the cows come home, it really is a difficult number to predict, a few years ago we'd have taken alot more than we would do this season although you know what woodwork are like, and we did take 5,500 to Everton.

I'd say 10,000 is a reasonable guess!!

In the 2006-07 season Totton (population approx 28,000) reached the FA Vase Final at Wembley and took 20,000 fans. :blink:

Given it is 15 mins from Southampton, I'd a say if Mossley reached the FA vase final they would get a better precentage!

This is not one of theose bets though :wink:

• 2 months later...