Rooneys ban

Would you take Wayne Rooney to the Euros  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Wayne Rooney to the Euros

• Yes definately his quality could help us win it
    • No he doesnt deserve to go
    • Yes but only if we are short on quality up front

I voted yes to taking him, but I think we have zero chance of winning it.

Pukka, I presume you're on a wind up, it was a certainty that the ban would be reduced it should only have been 2 games in the first place.

The precedent for this type of offence was set with Arshavin a while ago.

I voted yes to taking him, but I think we have zero chance of winning it.

Pukka, I presume you're on a wind up, it was a certainty that the ban would be reduced it should only have been 2 games in the first place.

The precedent for this type of offence was set with Arshavin a while ago.

I'm not on the wind up. I don't care less about the national side - I'm looking at it as a neutral. This was "violent conduct" - I'm not saying it was bad, but the rules (laws) are there. Arshavin shouldn't have had his at 2 either.

I think just kicking someone because you are losing is far worse than mis-timing a tackle.

So do I.

But we were winning.

So where does "kicking somebody because you're stupid" fit?

2 match ban is what it should be under UEFA's own code. So the decision to reduce on appeal is right. Equally, had it happened in a club match in Englamd, a 3 match ban would have been right as that's what the rules stipulate.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with 0000s.

I don't think we should take him on the off chance that we get through the group stage, at which point (so the theory goes) he'll fire us all the way to...defeat in a penalty shoot-out.

He's shown time and again that he's not got the "ice in the head" that you need to win at that level. Total liability. Far more likely to explode than to knock one in from 25 yards having beaten half a team.

If we're going to do anything in the summer, we have to be disciplined. We've got players who can be disciplined, so why bother with Rooney? He'd not get in the German team for that reason alone.

I'd take him for when we need a draw to get through to the knockout stages

He's a thick tit - a liability,head-case and a granny-shagging muppet.

He also happens to be our nations best player by a country mile & so for that reason alone; he has to go.

But when is all said and done, We have the sum total of naff-all's chance of winning the tournement so we might as well take Rene Howe and play him up top as much as Rooney, we'll be lucky to get out of the group stage.

• 4 months later...

Not at all... I totally mean what I say...

I think Rooney is total liability and more than overrated...

You've changed your tune. We had this discussion a couple of years back where I said exactly this and you shouted me down about how good he is and how we should build the team around him.

Overrated, always has been, always said it. .

You've changed your tune. We had this discussion a couple of years back where I said exactly this and you shouted me down about how good he is and how we should build the team around him.

Overrated, always has been, always said it. .

Scores a few though.

Scores a few though.

Not saying he's :censored:, just he's ridiculously overrated and believes his own hype. The whole,"new gazza" tag was absurd. Gascoigne had more ability and far more intelligence on the ball. The thing about the really great players is they don't look for the difficult ball every single time, they play simple and wait for the right opportunities. Rooney gives the ball away unnecessarily over and over again.

Not saying he's :censored:, just he's ridiculously overrated and believes his own hype. The whole,"new gazza" tag was absurd. Gascoigne had more ability and far more intelligence on the ball. The thing about the really great players is they don't look for the difficult ball every single time, they play simple and wait for the right opportunities. Rooney gives the ball away unnecessarily over and over again.

No doubt Gazza had it.

Rooney will have a better career though. Ferguson seems to have put him on the straight and narrow. Something Gazza could have done with.

I disagree. He's one of the few English players that can keep hold of the ball. No one other than Rooney has the ability to win anything for England at the moment (Wilshire is the nearest). But, by the same line - I think the current (and ten years future) England squad is as unlikely to win a tournament as I am likely to nail Sarah Louise out of corry!

Come on England!!!