Anfield Ticketing Arrangements

Mass Hysteria just like all the twunts purchasing anything they can in Morrisons because it is closed for 1 chuffing day!

When is it closed? :censored:, I'd butter stock up on bog rolls (that nice quilted 4 ply stuff that costs more than an i Pad but it's soft on your botty).

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree.

It's not perfect but programme tokens are a longstanding way of giving priority.

Works elsewhere ....

longstanding = not flexible to change

works elsewhere.... to a limited extent

It's not exactly family friendly is it.

Though granted, its a bit late now to try and think of other way to do it.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Does anyone know if you can choose which block you get tickets for? I always seem to end up shoved up in the back corner with a crap view in games like this

The better blocks (i.e. the ones in the middle) will be the more expensive ones- pay £25 and you'll get a decent seat, pay £21 and you'll be in the corners

The better blocks (i.e. the ones in the middle) will be the more expensive ones- pay £25 and you'll get a decent seat, pay £21 and you'll be in the corners

My villa supporting mate said there were 2 levels of pricing for anfield last time he went. expensive = decent view. cheaper (even though it was only a few quid cheaper) = restriced view.

My villa supporting mate said there were 2 levels of pricing for anfield last time he went. expensive = decent view. cheaper (even though it was only a few quid cheaper) = restriced view.

Was that in the cup? As the ones in the middle will not be available to away fans normally

Two per season ticket holder helps the club as they don't need the same ticket office staffing as for one per person. If it was one per person it would need 4,000 transactions to sell 4,000 tickets. Two per season ticket holder gets rid of the same number in half the time. It is likely that many of the non-season ticket holders who end up with tickets in this first batch will be keen fans who would have queued up for a ticket on open sale so it also has the benefit of cutting down the queues for those that have to wait for open sale. I think it's generally the case that if half the allocation is less than the number of ST holders then it will be one per person. Chesterfield away will be one per ST holder as the away end holds only slightly more than our number of ST holders. I therefore expect to not be sat with friends and family at that game.

:censored:in hell! I'm paying 25 quid.

The view is poor but having experienced it first hand you CAN see the other goal but only when you are sat down, when you stand up you get the view in the video. It only becomes an issue when everyone stands up in front!

The view wasn't much better sat at the back of that stand at Upton Park either from what I remember….

Edited by oafcprozac

Season ticket holders should be allowed two tickets on the proviso that they buy a second season ticket.

I thought the system was in place to allow ST holders an advantage, not ST holders and their mates. There'd better be enough tickets left over!

As a ST holder I've already had 3 people after my + 1. I've never been so popular :wink:

not a cat in hells chance we will fill our allocation. especially now its a friday night.

I was thinking this, too.

But I'm becoming more convinced that we actually might take 6k or thereabouts.

The Friday is a pain, but there seems to be more hype around this fixture than the Everton one. Never heard of as many coaches being organised for an away match.

What a :censored:e ground that still has restricted views !!

Last time i went i had a restricted view in the main stand -

Joke , no wonder they want to move.

Mind you even the ref has a restricted view sometimes especially when it's giving decisions against them

:lol:

not a cat in hells chance we will fill our allocation. especially now its a friday night.

What did we take to Stockport that time we filled the end behind the goal and had part of the side stand? And it kicked off when we scored due to all the Oldham fans in the home ends celebrating? That was a Friday night, and let's face, Anfield is more exciting than Edgely Park...

Its flawed as if you were say a family, your unlikely to buy more than one programme. Not very well thought out.

Back in the day we used to buy three programmes, just in case we had a Cup run and needed three tickets. I must sort out those duplicate and triplicate programmes some time. :mmm:

Perhaps if we get a reduced allocation in the fourth round, the order of priority could be:

ST Holders x 1 (or 2 if possible)

Programme token holders x 1

PlayerShare contributors x 1

Giant Cash Bonanza subscribers x 1

Half-time Draw ticket buyers x 1

Programme sellers x 1

Half-time Draw ticket sellers x 1

Pitch coverers x 1

Pitch cover removers x 1

Snow shifters x 1

Chaddy the Owl x 1

Blue Crew members x 1

Mouldy Old Dough DJ x 1

:peepwall:

P.S. Forgot to include Ballboys between Chaddy and the Blue Crew, and Boundary Blues/Chaddy's Gang members between the Blue dcrew and the DJ. :blush:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns