Latics light up Anfield

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the originator of this idea been watching that Robbie Williams Nikon advert.

3 minutes to kick-off is going to interrupt the singing of the traditional song "Sign on, Sign on...." Then it will disturb the minutes silence (which I hope will be impeccably observed)- or be timed in such a bad way that it looks like we are taking pictures of the minutes silence.

Flashing lights???? What are we, a bunch of day trippers from the Far East going 'ooooooh and ahhhhh' at Old :censored:ing Trafford?

What a load of bollocks, on par with the Meat Pie, Sausage Roll bull:censored:, lubricate your vocal chords and get behind your team…..

Edited by oafcprozac

Y'know, I'm on the train from London on my own for two and a bit hours on Friday - I might just get a bit tanked up and get the vocal cords ready. Not doing any of the camera flash bollocks though.

Did you not fancy being on the same train as everyone else???

Three minutes before the kick-off, Oldham fans will start a very slow count down from 20. All Latics fans will join in with the count down and as it reaches zero, after three, two and one .......... every Latics fan with a mobile phone or flash camera will simultaneously flash their phones to create a spectacle of light which will hopefully be remembered as “Latics Light-up Liverpool.” Can you imagine around 6,000 flashes lighting up the Latics end all at once? It should be spectacular and may even become our own form of Mexican wave! Please help spread the word and make it a night to remember for all.pow.gif

via Louise Grieve on Facebook

Please don't interupt any tribute to Gary Ablett before the kick off though.

Please don't interupt any tribute to Gary Ablett before the kick off though.

This /\

I worry though as we will have plenty of "extras" with us; over & above the 'usuals' (but that's for another thread eh?) - will they tar the rest of us if they chant & sing during the tribute to Gary Ablett - I hope not; but I worry they will.......

Why would this make it a night to remember? Wouldn't being at Anfield do that? This is just the type of idea I expect from Facebook.

Ps it a minute silence, hope it is observed without fail but have a feeling some of the United fans in the crowd might like to ruin it for all. Will his family be there? They are at Everton the day after as part of their tribute.

Edited by oldhamandy1

Three minutes before the kick-off, Oldham fans will start a very slow count down from 20. All Latics fans will join in with the count down and as it reaches zero, after three, two and one .......... every Latics fan with a mobile phone or flash camera will simultaneously flash their phones to create a spectacle of light which will hopefully be remembered as “Latics Light-up Liverpool.” Can you imagine around 6,000 flashes lighting up the Latics end all at once? It should be spectacular and may even become our own form of Mexican wave! Please help spread the word and make it a night to remember for all.pow.gif

via Louise Grieve on Facebook

WORST. IDEA. EVER.

Actually I think it's a good idea. It would be noticed and would look impressive IF the tv cameras were aware it was happening. How many times has this been done at a football match? Why is it cringeworthy etc? It would make the highlights for the look back over the cup at the final.

Actually I think it's a good idea. It would be noticed and would look impressive IF the tv cameras were aware it was happening. How many times has this been done at a football match? Why is it cringeworthy etc? It would make the highlights for the look back over the cup at the final.

I bet you watch x factor?