6 days untill our biggest game in 20 years

They should have made the game £2 to get in. Try and fill the ground. Can't see the gate being much more than 3500

Why should Latics and Simon Corney offer £2 football matches?

The prize is a trip to Wembley, if people cant be arsed turning up for a big match like this then bollocks to them!

The prize is a trip to Wembley, if people cant be arsed turning up for a big match like this then bollocks to them!

Agree and the club needs to pay the bills aswell £12 is acceptable and fair value. Its not the biggest game in 20 years but it could be one of the most significant a huge turning point potentially as has been said success in this trophy could set things moving and generate momentum to kick on next season a win a trip to wembley and even a trophy at the end of it we should I believe earn more money from a trip to wembley and being on TV than the trip to anfield did.

Also I don't want the only real highlight of our season to be going 1-0 up for 90 seconds against the side who got mullered at Bolton Wanderers on saturday great night out that at Anfield but lets not forget we were soundly beaten in the end.

I want to celebrate us being winners.

If we win on Monday, the game will hold a lot more significance over a failed play off defeat.

Well, clearly - significantly - but isn't any win better than any defeat? I'd have to say that the stakes were higher for Oldham in the L1 playoffs, and therefore a result would have bee more rewarding in the longer term.

Weren't the Premiership survival games bigger?

Definitely.

Ruins what little atmosphere we have aswell, cos everyone brings their bird!! I'd say £8 would be best, seeing as its on tv.

Well, clearly - significantly - but isn't any win better than any defeat? I'd have to say that the stakes were higher for Oldham in the L1 playoffs, and therefore a result would have bee more rewarding in the longer term.

Definitely.

If we had won, we didn't and resulted with the game being less significant in hind sight i.e. little change.

Please explain to me why that is a problem for atmosphere. Is it all the ironing boards blocking the aisles?

Think it is more to do with the men not singing or shouting because they know that if they do they will give their Mrs a 'headache' and therefore won't get laid for 2 years because of it.

And people who do usually sing cant sit together cos theres some family in their seats, saying sshhhh my kids are asleep.

Personally, I agree the atmosphere is not much better despite larger crowds when they have £2 games. However, I wouldn't put it down to the fact that other halves go. It's more about the fact that there are more kids there (who are too young / unpractised / poorly parented) to sit still for more than 10 minutes, so are a pain in the arse rather than adding to the atmosphere (but they're the future of the club. Blah blah blah). Which in turn leads to parents whose attention is not on the game or singing. Added to the fact that a lot of people - male and female come who don't normally, don't know the songs, don't care about the songs, don't care about Latics.

The minority who come cos it's £2 (but wouldn't come otherwise), and are interested in Latics, know the songs and care about singing... and actually sing, are so few that it makes barely any difference in terms of atmosphere.

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that 2,000 of our lost crowds over the last few seasons is nothing to do with the product on the pitch or the price.

Knocking down pub.

Knocking down stand.

Needing to leave seat during play to get pie due to knowledge they will be sold out by half time.

Michelle Marsh no longer appearing.

Hopefully many of the missing will be there on Monday night.

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that 2,000 of our lost crowds over the last few seasons is nothing to do with the product on the pitch or the price.

Knocking down pub.

Knocking down stand.

Needing to leave seat during play to get pie due to knowledge they will be sold out by half time.

Michelle Marsh no longer appearing.

Hopefully many of the missing will be there on Monday night.

That would be a good move, get her back to BP.

There is a spare seat next to me in the main stand, just one though......... Will can sit with the kids in the RRE! :grin: