I might be mad

Yes I'm gutted like everyone else but I think we have a great footballing side here but just lacking that killer edge in front of goal and abit of luck.

We were by far the better team than Chesterfield over 2 legs but you just felt it weren't going to be our night when Kuqi hit the post early doors.

If we string a few results together then the play-offs won't be too far out of our reach and maybe just maybe Wembley!

KTF fellow latics :)

unless we strike oil under BP then we're destined for mid table mediocrity for a good few years im afraid. not being a damp squid, just being realistic with our budget restricting our squad size, wage budget, stadium aspirations its going to be a very long shot

having said that we're class and we'll win it next year KTF!

I think the rest of season could be summed up in the phrase 20/40. We have 20 games left, we need 20 points to reach the magic 52 which is the target normally needed to be assured of safety. However, if we get 40 points that gives us 72 which could take us into the play-offs. Given our fixtures, where we have a lot of winnable games, if we bounce-back quickly after last nights agonising defeat we have a chance of getting those 40 points. I'm confident that provided we win on Saturday we should get the 20 points needed to be "assured" of safety; I'm confident we won't go down anyway as in all honesty there are 4 teams worse than us over the season.

There is zero chance of us getting the play offs so people can get that silly thought out their head.

We will be looking over our shoulders if anything! Someone said we have winnable games coming up but didnt we think that with Hartlepool, exeter, chesterfield? We have very tough games like both Sheffield clubs, MK Dons, Brentford, Stevenage, Rochdale all away, Charlton at home!

There is zero chance of us getting the play offs so people can get that silly thought out their head.

We will be looking over our shoulders if anything! Someone said we have winnable games coming up but didnt we think that with Hartlepool, exeter, chesterfield? We have very tough games like both Sheffield clubs, MK Dons, Brentford, Stevenage, Rochdale all away, Charlton at home!

When you put it like that I tend to :censored: myself slightly...

Yes I'm gutted like everyone else but I think we have a great footballing side here but just lacking that killer edge in front of goal and abit of luck.

We were by far the better team than Chesterfield over 2 legs but you just felt it weren't going to be our night when Kuqi hit the post early doors.

If we string a few results together then the play-offs won't be too far out of our reach and maybe just maybe Wembley!

I absolutely love your optimism after last night's despair, but yes I think you may be mad (not that I'm one to talk!).

Can't see us getting dragged into the relegation scrap either, aside from the 7 point gap we've also got 2 games in hand on almost every team below us. Also a significant difference this year is that we've generally followed up a disappointing performance or result with a good performance or result, not a sign of a doomed team. I'd be much more worried as a Tranmere fan as their form has been consistently poor after a good early start.

I absolutely love your optimism after last night's despair, but yes I think you may be mad (not that I'm one to talk!).

Can't see us getting dragged into the relegation scrap either, aside from the 7 point gap we've also got 2 games in hand on almost every team below us. Also a significant difference this year is that we've generally followed up a disappointing performance or result with a good performance or result, not a sign of a doomed team. I'd be much more worried as a Tranmere fan as their form has been consistently poor after a good early start.

My point wasnt that we will be doomed, cause i think there are at least 5 worse teams than us. Just pointiing out we should be more concerned about teams below us than above us!

Yes, I think you are probably mad!!

I've read somewhere that Dickov has never won 3 league games on the bounce since he arrived.....it would take a run of 5 or 6 concecutive wins just to get us up and around the playoff places.

5 or 6 wins in total and a few draws will be nearer the mark and would just about see ourselves safe.

We need 2 or 3 quality additions next season and then we may put in a challenge however Dickov will do well to retain his better players and if he fails we could very well be starting from scratch......yet again!!!

1-latuda-schizophrenia.jpg

Yes, I think you are probably mad!!

I've read somewhere that Dickov has never won 3 league games on the bounce since he arrived.....it would take a run of 5 or 6 concecutive wins just to get us up and around the playoff places.

5 or 6 wins in total and a few draws will be nearer the mark and would just about see ourselves safe.

We need 2 or 3 quality additions next season and then we may put in a challenge however Dickov will do well to retain his better players and if he fails we could very well be starting from scratch......yet again!!!

I would be more concerned about the fact that they are set to lose close to £1,000,000 and that the average attendance will probably be close to last season, maybe a little bit lower, although would be significantly lower if it wasn't for the drastic increase in the number of paying away supporters over last season, which will probably result in a significantly reduced wage budget again.

And also the fact that not a thing has been said to date about the progress of this new broadway stand.

Now I may be being overly pessimistic brought on by the despair of Monday night but I'm not worried about this season but next season I am. We have about 6 of the first team squad signed up for next year an no talk of extending deals. All we hear is were losing a million a season an we have his missed out on a big big pay day. I wouldn't be suprised if the contract talks depended on u's gettin to wembly. So next season we have to cut upto 1 million pounds that to me says we will have a lot of loan signings and youngsters on small contracts an low wages. I think next season coul be a big up hill struggle

Either that or we will get took over by a wealthy investor sign a host of unspotted talent and walk the league

I would be more concerned about the fact that they are set to lose close to £1,000,000 and that the average attendance will probably be close to last season, maybe a little bit lower, although would be significantly lower if it wasn't for the drastic increase in the number of paying away supporters over last season, which will probably result in a significantly reduced wage budget again.

And also the fact that not a thing has been said to date about the progress of this new broadway stand.

What is this figure based on, Carl?

What is this figure based on, Carl?

Simon Corney stated I believe (either just before or just after we beat southend) that even if we got to the 3rd round of the cup vs Liverpool, and reached wembley, we would still be on course to lose half a million.

Also quoted from the Chron here, 'predicted shortfall of more than 1 million', and that a wembley appearance could have netted us 400k

If you do the maths based on those figures then I imagine we are surely looking at round about 1 million.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Funny how our dodgy spell started around the time of the cup euphoria? Now that the cups are out of the way and we have only the league to concentrate on, which may be a disappointment for some but if we get safety soon then we have to blood the kids properly and sound out the players who may be moving on to see whether they will be sticking around.

The direction of travel has to be forwards, not backwards, Mellor is here until the end of the season at least, Winchester needs to kick on in the reserves and make it impossible for Dickov not to promote him to the seniors, same as Tarky, by the end of this season he has to be a first team centre back pushing Diamond and M'voto to be playing for the spot next to him. Same as all the young lads and some of the not so young ones.

Lets get back to playing the kind of football we know we are capable of it has all been a bit rushed recently, I can't remember the last time a player received the ball with their back to goal in the area and laid it off to an on rushing team mate to whack.

Simon Corney stated I believe (either just before or just after we beat southend) that even if we got to the 3rd round of the cup vs Liverpool, and reached wembley, we would still be on course to lose half a million.

Also quoted from the Chron here, 'predicted shortfall of more than 1 million', and that a wembley appearance could have netted us 400k

If you do the maths based on those figures then I imagine we are surely looking at round about 1 million.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it was said at the beginning of the season that we'd lose £1 million over the course of 2011/12.

Factor in the Liverpool game and two Sky TV appearances, which wouldn't have figured in that calculation, I reckon we'll have cut a big chunk off that amount. I'd guess it's more like £600k.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it was said at the beginning of the season that we'd lose £1 million over the course of 2011/12.

Factor in the Liverpool game and two Sky TV appearances, which wouldn't have figured in that calculation, I reckon we'll have cut a big chunk off that amount. I'd guess it's more like £600k.

Well the chron said the projected shortfall was over 1 million, how much over is anyones guess.

I would also not count out the possibility that the average gate that the club budgeted on will be lower than what they thought, primarily because of a drop in home support. Eg Rochdale at home, only 5266, bury at home only 5149. Whilst I dont think the club would have banked on full houses for these by any means, I don't think anyone would have considered the club foolish if they anticipated gates of over 6000 for both games especially the rochdale one.

And the sky money for the MK Dons game would only have gone towards ofsetting the 2400 attendance, with the sky money from chesterfield ofsetting the drastically reduced admission price.