Smith and Kuqi

Please note I am going to bypass the fact that Smith is :censored:e while commenting on this partnership.

If Dickov thinks 2 slow lumps up top with no creativity between them is going to work he is clueless. They have been simply woeful whenever they have been paired. One or the other.

I would hate to say Smith could be used as Kuqi's backup as he is so :censored:e I'd rather see Tarky up there. At least he can trap the ball.

I didn't understand when he brought smith on yesterday, for one he is :censored:, and for 2, if you have a player that is 6 ft 6 and don't put the ball in the box, it is simply pointless having him on the pitch to make an impact.

He isn't exactly going to score with his feet anytime soon is he?

For Smith to be effective the team would need to build their attacking strategy around him. Unfortunately for him we have other better quality attacking players who play a more attractive style and are rightly our focal point.

Smith will do well in for a League team that is a good fit for him (of which I think there will be a few) but I doubt that will be us with Dickov in charge.

I wish somebody would gamble on Smith's flick ons! How many times does he beat the defence only for the ball to run through to the keeper with no challange from one of our players.

Trouble his his "flick ons" don't go in the direction other pklayers would expect. A bit like his headers at goal.

I was teaching my 5 year old to head the ball straight and joking with him he had a 50p head,w hich made him laugh a lot.

Admittedly it took him about 5 goes to roughly get the ball in the direction he wanted it, and a couple more not to lean back.

But he got there.

It would have ben quicker was he still not saying 50p head and laughing after every header

Although I do acknowledge it was a somewhat softer ball...

Personally I like Smith but he is better on the floor than in the air, he needs to get in the box more. He spends a lot of time outside of the box not really doing anything, I would try him and Kuqi together against Sheff U if only as way of him learning how to use his build.

I have concerns on Smith.

His mobility being the main one. To me, it looks like he struggles with flexsion of his knee joints. Watch him run and you'll surely see that he is almost running with straight legs.

He's slow & cumbersome, so why he hasnt been instructed to by Butler, or gone of his own accord to a yoga, pilates group i dont know.

For a lad of 6ft6, he is actually poor in the air; mainly due to the fact that he struggles to time his jumps. He's either too early or too late; leaving hinself too much to do once in the air. As others have said; this IMO is why he has the 50p head.

If Smith is leading our line next year i'm worried.

His mobility being the main one. To me, it looks like he struggles with flexsion of his knee joints. Watch him run and you'll surely see that he is almost running with straight legs.

He's slow & cumbersome, so why he hasnt been instructed to by Butler, or gone of his own accord to a yoga, pilates group i dont know.

For a lad of 6ft6, he is actually poor in the air; mainly due to the fact that he struggles to time his jumps. He's either too early or too late; leaving hinself too much to do once in the air. As others have said; this IMO is why he has the 50p head.

Totally agree.

Said this before , he looks like he is running with massive elastic bands for hamstrings

Why he was given a 2 year deal I will never know unless he's on peanuts

Said this before , he looks like he is running with massive elastic bands for hamstrings

Why he was given a 2 year deal I will never know unless he's on peanuts

Coming from non league and earning a two year deal when others get 6-12 month deals, I would of thought he's a very low earner yeah.

Probably put on the two year just in case he started banging them in for fun.

I was teaching my 5 year old to head the ball straight and joking with him he had a 50p head,w hich made him laugh a lot.

Admittedly it took him about 5 goes to roughly get the ball in the direction he wanted it, and a couple more not to lean back.

But he got there.

It would have ben quicker was he still not saying 50p head and laughing after every header

Although I do acknowledge it was a somewhat softer ball...

Your boy seems a quick learner get him signed up for Latics when he's old enough.

Coming from non league and earning a two year deal when others get 6-12 month deals, I would of thought he's a very low earner yeah.

Probably put on the two year just in case he started banging them in for fun.

I would think it was to take some pressure off and allow him to learn, pretty sure if he was playing for his contract he would be even more nervous than he already his. The lad's got potential I hope we stick with and give some more game time, I'd start him today with Kuqi if the Simmo rumour is true, and give the players the instruction to play to his feet. It seems he suffers from Crouch syndrome, where everyone plays it to him in the air despite him not being great at it, something many tall suffer from because of never really needing to jump, so when they do they suffer.