we have just had a new away kit

isnt it another year before we are due an away strip?

unless thats comfirmation of a different supplier?

If the club are changing to fila then maybe, but the norm is a new away strip every year with the new one previously being relegated to 3rd strip. So I can only presume next year the black kit will be 3rd choice

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a new away alrady?? thats a p*** take we are leageue 1 club we dont need a kit for every bloody competition

The new badge is woeful i can cope with the owl but the font that goes round it is awful = looks so childish

the new home kit looks interesting odd shade of blue

Edited by bluehobbit

we have just had a new away kit

isnt it another year before we are due an away strip?

unless thats comfirmation of a different supplier?

The black one will be third kit just like last time.

Why would you feel the need to pre-order it,not like it's going to sell out.

Baby kit sells out quite quickly, and as the wife was paying I'd have been a fool not to order mine at the same time

Edited by Matt

I think its a massive improvement over a badge that looked good in its day but was badly ageing and failing the test of time, but each to their own.

One of the most instantly recognisable things about a football club is their badge, so I just really think the club could've gone to more effort. This one's basically the Melbourne Victory badge turned upside down, with the first result for 'disgruntled owl' from Google images copy and pasted over it.

Was thinking about this, and I really like our current kit, simple and offers some kind of identity to us. Who else plays in Blue with white sleeves?

Wishful thinking though, Carbrini will definitely give us something designed by a 5 year old for next season!

Was thinking about this, and I really like our current kit, simple and offers some kind of identity to us. Who else plays in Blue with white sleeves?

Wishful thinking though, Carbrini will definitely give us something designed by a 5 year old for next season

Peterborough have exactly the same strip as us, Blue with white sleeves, white shorts and white socks

Wishful thinking though, Carbrini will definitely give us something designed by a 5 year old for next season!

Peterborough

There will never be a consensus of opinion on kits but I think our current home strip is possibly the worst we've had in the 25 years I've been watching Latics. It's looks like a Sunday League kit.

One of the most instantly recognisable things about a football club is their badge, so I just really think the club could've gone to more effort. This one's basically the Melbourne Victory badge turned upside down, with the first result for 'disgruntled owl' from Google images copy and pasted over it.

Bearing in mind our cotton mill town backround.........maybe the badge should have OLDHAM ATHLETIC at the top and BOBBINS underneath.

Only joking :grin:

That might actually look better:

Disgruntled_Owl_is_disgruntled_by_Alpha_Assassin.jpg

I think this is Peteborough's first time wearing Blue with White sleeves, they probably won't stick with it, so maybe if we did it could become unique to us. Just like everybody knows Arsenal as Red with White sleeves.

As for it looking Sunday league, that's probably down to Carbrini, everything they produce looks Sunday league.

I think this is Peteborough's first time wearing Blue with White sleeves, they probably won't stick with it, so maybe if we did it could become unique to us. Just like everybody knows Arsenal as Red with White sleeves.

As for it looking Sunday league, that's probably down to Carbrini, everything they produce looks Sunday league.

Peteborough wore blue with white sleeves for years in the 50s and early 60s and, IIRC, in the 90s for a year or two as well. Ipswich wore the same for yonks and I thinks Millwall did for a while too. For me, the sooner we lose this kit the better. The only true Latics kit is the 40s, 50s style and it would stand out again now as instantly recognisable. Still, as already said, we've no say in it and it's already designed.

I have had a look Bristolatic and I completely agree, the 2000-01 kit was a variation of it but I think we should definitely bring that back. It would be nice to have some kind of identity with our kit, hopefully the club have at least asked for something original instead of a Carbrini identikit!

You're kidding? Surely they wouldn't stick with carbrini given the amount of complaints about how poorly made they are!

No idea what period the term of the Carbrini contract is but we'd know if it was done and the club were planning to go elsewhere because they'd be replacing all the kits.

I appreciate that some people don't want Carbrini but let's not be naive. If our contract is with them, and it's comercially beneficial, then that's who we'll have.

And as the same topic keeps getting the same responses I'll repeat myself too with the same post that I write everytime "new kit" appears. Like Brisyol Latic I'd love the thirds kit back. And the current strip was a variation on that - we wore it in 58/9 and 59/60.

This hankering for all blue "does my head in" as I think some of the younger generation say.

I appreciate that some people don't want Carbrini but let's not be naive. If our contract is with them, and it's comercially beneficial, then that's who we'll have.

And as the same topic keeps getting the same responses I'll repeat myself too with the same post that I write everytime "new kit" appears. Like Brisyol Latic I'd love the thirds kit back. And the current strip was a variation on that - we wore it in 58/9 and 59/60.

This hankering for all blue "does my head in" as I think some of the younger generation say.

When all goalies wore green jumpers and didn't wear gloves Pete. :unsure:

Edited by BP1960

what the betting the kit is very similar to the 85/86 retro shirt we re-released this season, it sold well and was obviously very popular

retro shirts do seem to be the thing at the moment

When all goalies wore green jumpers and didn't wear gloves Pete. :unsure:

See Chelsea's new gear:

article-2128276-128F9259000005DC-493_634x435.jpg

To be fair the quality of the Cabrini gear this season has been a lot better than previous seasons,my only worry is that we must be due a new kit supplier soon meaning the new kit will only last a season

Edited by yarddogs