agreed, the fact that we're a League 1 club doesn't help but all blue could be Stockport, Rochdale, Macclesfield, Wigan, Peterborough, Millwall, Shrewsbury, Birmingham, Leicester, Ipswich

actually every single one of those except Shrews and Wigan have white shorts so if we wear all blue we would be different, we would be Oldham.

and i dont give a :censored:e about other clubs kits, if you know who your team is and reconise their kit, :censored: the other teams and what they wear!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, the fact that we're a League 1 club doesn't help but all blue could be Stockport, Rochdale, Macclesfield, Wigan, Peterborough, Millwall, Shrewsbury, Birmingham, Leicester, Ipswich

Its a fine line though

You have blue,white,blue then that cold resemble Everton, Wigan, Cardiff, Ipswich, Leicester, Chesterfield,

You go with blue, blue, white then that could be Chelsea, Peterborough, Carlisle (albeit they do have a red trim), Gillingham

Then you have teams that have strictly blue and white stripes in some form with no other colour like Hartlepool.

I know I have previously said the all blue with red trim in the pinch me season screams out Latics the most to me, but after thinking about it, I think the shirt which would distinguish Latics from the others is the shirt worn in the 50's, like the one in 2000-2002.

Whilst there are shirts which some close to that, like the current home kit with white sleeves or like peterborough, I cant recall seeing another club having a shirt the same as that.

But saying that in fairness to the club, assuming the kit is all blue with a gold trim, cant recall seeing another club having that colour scheme (although some of chelsea's shirts in the past have come close)

Edited by Lookers_Carl

actually every single one of those except Shrews and Wigan have white shorts so if we wear all blue we would be different, we would be Oldham.

and i dont give a :censored:e about other clubs kits, if you know who your team is and reconise their kit, :censored: the other teams and what they wear!

it's still Blue and White, the point I'm trying to make is that loads of teams wear blue and white it's boring. You might not give a :censored:e but I do I want to wear a Latics colours and other people to visibly recognise the fact that it's a Latics colours which I why I like wearing the Tangerine trim on my scarf, rather than get asked "is that Chesterfield, Leicester etc?" I want us to have some sort of individual identity

Its a fine line though

You have blue,white,blue then that cold resemble Everton, Wigan, Cardiff, Ipswich, Leicester, Chesterfield,

You go with blue, blue, white then that could be Chelsea, Peterborough, Carlisle (albeit they do have a red trim), Gillingham

Then you have teams that have strictly blue and white stripes in some form with no other colour like Hartlepool.

I know I have previously said the all blue with red trim in the pinch me season screams out Latics the most to me, but after thinking about it, I think the shirt which would distinguish Latics from the others is the shirt worn in the 50's, like the one in 2000-2002.

Whilst there are shirts which some close to that, like the current home kit with white sleeves or like peterborough, I cant recall seeing another club having a shirt the same as that.

But saying that in fairness to the club, assuming the kit is all blue with a gold trim, cant recall seeing another club having that colour scheme (although some of chelsea's shirts in the past have come close)

exactly the trim might not be much to some people but it at least gives some sort of individual identity even if it's a slight change

it's still Blue and White, the point I'm trying to make is that loads of teams wear blue and white it's boring. You might not give a :censored:e but I do I want to wear a Latics colours and other people to visibly recognise the fact that it's a Latics colours which I why I like wearing the Tangerine trim on my scarf, rather than get asked "is that Chesterfield, Leicester etc?" I want us to have some sort of individual identity

tangerine is not Oldham colours though! i do not get the fasination with it,we wore it for a few years in the 70's...its associated with Ken Bates ffs

why doesnt anyone want red and white stripes like we had origianally?

we have played in blue with red trim more often than tangerine in the last 30 years

Rather it be Carbrini, don't want Fila's massive badges all over it!

Cabrini are the same with the big C's on it.Cabrini,Carlotti,Fila are all the same.The kits we had under Shez,Penney were identical to Luton,Bournemouth,ScunthorpeBlackpool to name a few.Personally I like the lower league puma kits.

Blackburn Rovers have always retained their unique kit, Latics should bring back the broad blue striped shirt which made them so recognisable in the 1950s and 60s.

Oldham_Athletic_1962-1966-fs.gif

Yup thats the one, variations of the shorts/socks aside, I think that would be a unique latics kit, similar to how black and white half unique to blackburn, and blue and white quarters unique to bristol rovers.

Blackburn Rovers have always retained their unique kit, Latics should bring back the broad blue striped shirt which made them so recognisable in the 1950s and 60s.

Or this, which has always been my favourite. I prefer the predominantly blue to white. Doesn't look as though we'll get either of them though.

Oldham_Athletic_1961-1962.gif

I'd go for the broad blue and white bands or Ajax style again. My vote for next away kit is the original Oldham kit, similar to Athletico Madrid.

It's obviously a done deal, so we have no say now anyway.

I think its a massive improvement over a badge that looked good in its day but was badly ageing and failing the test of time, but each to their own.

Personally i would have kept the old badge (banner ball and owl) just updated it a little. agree it was aging and needed updating but the new one is truelly awful.

they should have run a competition in all the schools in oldham. then the winning design given to a graphic designer to make it look professional.

Preordered mine.

They're taking preorders on the new away too, without revealing what it looks like?

I don't buy away shirts though, not current for long enough.

Or this, which has always been my favourite. I prefer the predominantly blue to white. Doesn't look as though we'll get either of them though.

Oldham_Athletic_1961-1962.gif

Or this:

Oldham_Athletic_1948-1950-s.gif

I'd go for the broad blue and white bands or Ajax style again. My vote for next away kit is the original Oldham kit, similar to Athletico Madrid.

I also like the idea of a blue and white version of the Ajax kit.

http://www.myfootballtops.co.uk/images/9135.jpg

Preordered mine.

They're taking preorders on the new away too, without revealing what it looks like?

I don't buy away shirts though, not current for long enough.

we have just had a new away kit

isnt it another year before we are due an away strip?

unless thats comfirmation of a different supplier?