Can we finally stop pretending

Poor performance no end product, poor defence two free headers, and poor tatics no subs until 10 or so to go when we supposed to want to win.

Reid on for Taylor a minute after they scored and we equalised 4 minutes later. Should have gone on to win it from there.

I take it on the oh so important coaching courses ,that one lesson is you must not make a substitution until the other team score even if they appear to be getting on top of your tiring team .

Also , any chance our centre halfs could practice actually jumping off the ground when defending a set piece , as we have conceded 2 almost identical goals in successive home games.

And onto the total lack of composure shown by the strikers .......

Diamond in next game!'

Thought we played really well till they scored!

Marsh-brown..... Should have been brought off as soon as he started sulking early in the 2nd half when morais had a go at him for bein greedy... Cant believe people clapped him off the pitch, complete idiot!

Poor performance no end product, poor defence two free headers, and poor tatics no subs until 10 or so to go when we supposed to want to win.

Don't agree with that. For the first hour I thought that was the best we have played this season. Maintaining it was the problem. Two lapses cost us really. Don't feel too down after that because I think we will win more than we lose playing like that.

Don't agree with that. For the first hour I thought that was the best we have played this season. Maintaining it was the problem. Two lapses cost us really. Don't feel too down after that because I think we will win more than we lose playing like that.

Agreed. The first hour was some of the best stuff we've played this year.

Fair do's though, I though Scunny matched us for most of the first half.

Second half they didn't have a sniff until the copy and paste set-piece-conceed-a-goal trick we like to produce.

Yes, the ref was a complete :censored:, but you can't expect to miss as many clear cut opportunities that we did and expect to win a game.

Oh, and we need a left back please. Mellor gets targeted EVERY single home game and for good reason - it usually works.......

Very pleased with the performance, but gutted with the result......

Agreed. The first hour was some of the best stuff we've played this year.

Fair do's though, I though Scunny matched us for most of the first half.

Second half they didn't have a sniff until the copy and paste set-piece-conceed-a-goal trick we like to produce.

Yes, the ref was a complete :censored:, but you can't expect to miss as many clear cut opportunities that we did and expect to win a game.Oh, and we need a left back please. Mellor gets targeted EVERY single home game and for good reason - it usually works.......

Very pleased with the performance, but gutted with the result......

And there lies the problem...again!

As i posted on other threads, i thought we were super for 65mins.

Play like that from now until the end of the season and we'll win more than lose.......

For me; 2 changes for Sat's game would be Diamond in for M'Voto and Reid for Kuqi. But neither of tjose will happen.

Not sure what to do about replacing KMB if PD is going to persist with the 4-4-1-1 tactic though.....

I'm pretending until it is mathmatically impossible, why? I find it more fun that way, granted I don't think we will do it but why should I stop hoping because it suits other fans. I like this squad and feel something is growing at the club, if only we could get the town interested we might be a Championship club with four stands in five years.

I like the squad too but apart from a few of the younger players for the reasons outlined in other threads it's likely the squad will be broken up in the close season due to more attractive offers elsewhere. Because of our blatant inconsistency, this season we've just got to live for the moment and enjoy the thrills of coming back at Sheffield United while we can, because it seems there's always a defeat at home to Scunthorpe round the corner.

What is encouraging is the continual support for the manager (apart from a minority), the fact that, as things stand, we have built on last season, and that as has seemingly been seen with Parker he won't let the attitudes of individuals affect the team. The other encouraging factor is the slight increase of support following the golden ticket offer, although not amazing, it's something encouraging to build on.

But 3 points on Saturday might just creep us a bit further towards that top 6 :wink:

I like the squad too but apart from a few of the younger players for the reasons outlined in other threads it's likely the squad will be broken up in the close season due to more attractive offers elsewhere. Because of our blatant inconsistency, this season we've just got to live for the moment and enjoy the thrills of coming back at Sheffield United while we can, because it seems there's always a defeat at home to Scunthorpe round the corner.

What is encouraging is the continual support for the manager (apart from a minority), the fact that, as things stand, we have built on last season, and that as has seemingly been seen with Parker he won't let the attitudes of individuals affect the team. The other encouraging factor is the slight increase of support following the golden ticket offer, although not amazing, it's something encouraging to build on.

But 3 points on Saturday might just creep us a bit further towards that top 6 :wink:

/\

:applause1: :applause1: :applause1: