Manager Performance

Marginally better than Graeme Sharp, and worse than Colin.

34eddtd.jpg

Interesting table - just a question though: Do you know how the table allows for the change from 2 to 3 points for a win?

Also - that Philliskirk was crap :wink:

Edited by TheBigDog

If only there was a formula to account for resources available, we could have an accurate assessment of how he's doing relative to others.

This bull:censored: again, Corney came out last week and said the budget is in the top 10-12 of the division. Maybe not in July August but since we've signed Diallo, Kuqi, Clarke, Adeyemi, Wesolowski, Bouzanis, Scapuzzi, Mancini, Simpson, Bunn, Brown, Marsh-Brown, Tounkara, M'Changama

Those in bold have signed full-time deals, no matter how short. SOME of the loanees would have had SOME of their wages paid but we will have had to make a contribution no matter how minimal. Take Tonk and JYM last season, we were paying £1k for the two per week.

You can defend Dickov all you like but we are massively underachieving, we should have been safe 6-8 games ago…..

This bull:censored: again, Corney came out last week and said the budget is in the top 10-12 of the division. Maybe not in July August but since we've signed Diallo, Kuqi, Clarke, Adeyemi, Wesolowski, Bouzanis, Scapuzzi, Mancini, Simpson, Bunn, Brown, Marsh-Brown, Tounkara, M'Changama

Those in bold have signed full-time deals, no matter how short. SOME of the loanees would have had SOME of their wages paid but we will have had to make a contribution no matter how minimal. Take Tonk and JYM last season, we were paying £1k for the two per week.

You can defend Dickov all you like but we are massively underachieving, we should have been safe 6-8 games ago…..

You're very selective in the Corney quotes you choose to listen to. Personally, I don't believe a word he says.

I don't believe we'll have paid anything for Adeyemi, Scapuzzi, Mancini, Bunn or Brown. Clarke, we probably did though and that'll be why he wasn't re-signed and ended up at Bury.

I would say the following definitely have a bigger budget than us: Charlton, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Hudds, Dongs, Brentford, Hartlepool, Bournemouth, Preston, Scunny. Straight off that puts us outside the top ten. I think there re a fair few others who probably have a bigger budget than us and we're part of a group at the bottom end who's budgets are much of a muchness.

You're very selective in the Corney quotes you choose to listen to. Personally, I don't believe a word he says.

I don't believe we'll have paid anything for Adeyemi, Scapuzzi, Mancini, Bunn or Brown. Clarke, we probably did though and that'll be why he wasn't re-signed and ended up at Bury.

I would say the following definitely have a bigger budget than us: Charlton, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Hudds, Dongs, Brentford, Hartlepool, Bournemouth, Preston, Scunny. Straight off that puts us outside the top ten. I think there re a fair few others who probably have a bigger budget than us and we're part of a group at the bottom end who's budgets are much of a muchness.

Bang on. And if you look at the permanent deals that we've signed players up to, Diallo has only been signed on a permanent for the last few weeks, Kuqi not for the whole season if PlayerShare was contributing, Simpson only since end of January and by all accounts on reduced terms (though from what we're not sure), M-B and M'Changama have been plucked from the wilderness and ditto can't be on much.

Kuqi, Simpson and Wes aside, the rest that have been signed up permanently are no better (or of more pedigree) than the usual run of the mill players in this division, who will be being paid a similar wage and therefore the other clubs will have a bigger outlay.

Dickov has said SC has backed him and that's fair enough, but it will be within reason. I'm sure he's aware of the calibre of player he can afford to go after. When he wants to sign Marsh-Brown or M'Changama, SC will stump up for him. If he said he wanted a load of money to sign the likes of Wellens/O'Grady/Davies I'm sure he'd be told to piss off.

Where was Joe Royle after 2 seasons?

W = 32.14%

D = 32.14%

L = 35.72%

I think our bad run is just caused by playing too many games close to each other with the players struggling to find motivation due to our 'safe' position. Don't expect anything from the next two games so the key games are: Wycombe, Preston, Bury & Carlisle.

In Dickov we trust

It's modern day football I'm afraid so unfortunately this point is no longer valid.

How is it not valid? Not being funny but just curious to see why you think that? I personally think that whilst it may have been a while ago, Royle's tenure was at when we were at a similar position to where were at now. We need to give somebody time and for me Dickov fits the bill at Latics. It's easy to critise after a bad run of form but for me the players have more to blame than Paul himself.

How is it not valid? Not being funny but just curious to see why you think that? I personally think that whilst it may have been a while ago, Royle's tenure was at when we were at a similar position to where were at now. We need to give somebody time and for me Dickov fits the bill at Latics. It's easy to critise after a bad run of form but for me the players have more to blame than Paul himself.

Because it doesn't suit his argument

Am behind Dickov but some of the excuses are getting tiresome now 'Inability to defend set pieces' anyone with half a brain can see we've had this problem all season! The budget is apparently not as small as we've been led to believe & the players we have on board should be capable of much more. As per previous managers Paul deffo has his favourites as certain players should have been dropped on numerous occasions, wonder if this has caused a problem between the players as some appear to be undroppable! Think Dickov's future may well be settled by whether we stay up or just like Ronnie's was decided by the lack of season ticket sales!!! The joy of being an Oldham fan we'll probably beat Charlton & Wednesday now!! OWTB