Time for some honesty

Ok, we've lost twice against the top two, and probably expected that - but the nature of the performance, and the club in general at the moment has led to this post....

Bouzanis - Didn't have much to do other than pick the ball out the net and make a wonderful first half save

Lee - One of his worst games, couldn't seem to get forward, doesn't look comfy supporting simpson

Tarky - At fault for two goals - ok, we shouldn't let the crosses in so easy, but you cannot leave your man to run free. Very poor today

Brown - Think he's potentially a decent center half

Diallo - Shockingly poor today. Defensivly - his positioning was dreadful and offered nothing going forward

Morais - Started ok but disappeared. Crossing, with the exception of one awful

Furman - Worked hard but desperatly misses the workrate of Weslowski - not great

Adeyemi - Tries his hardest and i like his workrate, but i don't know how best to get him into the side

Simpson - Dreadful, but then he's not a winger

Kuqi - Don't care how many he's scored, he's been :censored:e for weeks

Bunn - No help from kuqi, no decent balls through for him to run on to, don't know what we expect him to do

So, another game, another loss and to be fair - early doors we played ok....but its the same old story - if you don't score goals, you don't win matches.

Something is drastically wrong at the club because, on paper, we have decent players. Players like tarky, mellor, winchester, furman, bunn, simpson are highly rated players yet we perform so badly every week.

Lets start at the back - seriously, what does gerry taggert do at the club? As assistant manager who played hundreds of games and plenty at international level, he must be responsible for the defensive side of our training yet we're abysmal. We look lost at every set peice and when we don't stop the cross coming in, they just don't seem to have a clue where to stand or what to do. Its really not rocket science, you pick your man and you fooking stick with him. If a player shows good movement, fair play, but today all they did was get in position and then take the free header - no specifically good movement at all. Diallo again today didn't have a clue where to stand. The only player consistantly in the right place is kieran lee.

Midfield - we show a massive lack of creativity. We seem to huff and puff and run around a lot, but nothing ever comes of it. With the exception of one cross from morais today, both our set peices and our crosses were :censored:e...how can we expect players to score from them? Weslowski is a massive loss and you have to bare that in mind - but even without him, we should have enough to play so much better than we are.

Strikers - This is a tough one, because in order to score goals you have to get the chances and from our midfield at the moment, they're not creating much but......shefki has been :censored:e for weeks, yet he plays every week. Now i'm all for pushing through a barren spell in order to try and get a goal - but enough is enough and he cannot start on saturday. Bunn, he likes the ball in behind the defence but can you remember the last time a ball was played in between two defenders for a striker to run on to? Neither can I!! We bring in tounkara and give him 5 or 10 minutes when we're down - just what is the point?

We dont break at any speed and every time we get the ball near the opposition box, they tend to have 9-10 players behind the ball - its no wonder we can't score. We're far too slow to get forward

Next beef i have....playing players out of position...Simpson on the wing is an absolute joke if you do it once, to do it week in and week out tells me that whoever is in charge of picking the side perhaps doesn't know as much as he thinks. This has happened far tar to often this season - we can't keep shoe horning players into a side wherever they will fit, it clearly doesn't work. (Think mellor / winchester)

So, so far we've got to question what happens at training and its clear they're not doing the right things, but what about the team spirit?

Up to chesterfield in the JPT, we had morais, simpson, wes, furball and even rueben reid regularly praising the team spirit at the club yet since there appears to be a number of cracks...KMB - something wrong there......Reid - something wrong there - I'm really concerned that something is happening at the club which is destroying the team spirit - and that shows on the pitch. Nobody seems to want to be part of a team and work for each other. Is it the lack of weslowski or is it something else?

We're in a relegation dogfight, no doubt about it, and with our lack of goals we're in deep :censored:e unless we get help from other clubs. Its time for the management team to take a serious look at themselves AS WELL as the players instead of the referee and the 4th offical (in dickov case). We've got to go back to playing simple football with the right people in the right places.....and then we may just pick up enough points to put this horrific few months behind us and start building for next year. I'm 50/50 on dickov but taggert has got to go. We need a new fitness coach, a defensive coach as a minimum for next year.

Sorry for the eratic jumping around in the post - just typing stuff as it comes to me :)

Come on you blues....i'm dedicated to the team and the club - its about time those paid with my ST money showed the same commitment and passion i do.

My team for next game:

Bouzanis

Lee

Tarky (belezika)

Brown

Diallo (is mellor/winchester injured?)

Marsh brown

Furman

Adeyemi

Millar

Simpson

Bunn

Kuqi

Gerrard

Tounkara

Morais

ANY CB left :)

Edited by Fruitygoo

Ok, we've lost twice against the top two, and probably expected that - but the nature of the performance, and the club in general at the moment has led to this post....

Bouzanis - Didn't have much to do other than pick the ball out the net and make a wonderful first half save

Lee - One of his worst games, couldn't seem to get forward, doesn't look comfy supporting simpson

Tarky - At fault for two goals - ok, we shouldn't let the crosses in so easy, but you cannot leave your man to run free. Very poor today

Diallo - Shockingly poor today. Defensivly - his positioning was dreadful and offered nothing going forward

Furman - Worked hard but desperatly misses the workrate of Weslowski - not great

Adeyemi - Tries his hardest and i like his workrate, but i don't know how best to get him into the side

Bunn - No help from kuqi, no decent balls through for him to run on to, don't know what we expect him to do

So, another game, another loss and to be fair - early doors we played ok....but its the same old story - if you don't score goals, you don't win matches.

Something is drastically wrong at the club because, on paper, we have decent players. Players like tarky, mellor, winchester, furman, bunn, simpson are highly rated players yet we perform so badly every week.

Lets start at the back - seriously, what does gerry taggert do at the club? As assistant manager who played hundreds of games and plenty at international level, he must be responsible for the defensive side of our training yet we're abysmal. We look lost at every set peice and when we don't stop the cross coming in, they just don't seem to have a clue where to stand or what to do. Its really not rocket science, you pick your man and you fooking stick with him. If a player shows good movement, fair play, but today all they did was get in position and then take the free header - no specifically good movement at all. Diallo again today didn't have a clue where to stand. The only player consistantly in the right place is kieran lee.

Midfield - we show a massive lack of creativity. We seem to huff and puff and run around a lot, but nothing ever comes of it. With the exception of one cross from morais today, both our set peices and our crosses were :censored:e...how can we expect players to score from them? Weslowski is a massive loss and you have to bare that in mind - but even without him, we should have enough to play so much better than we are.

Strikers - This is a tough one, because in order to score goals you have to get the chances and from our midfield at the moment, they're not creating much but......shefki has been :censored:e for weeks, yet he plays every week. Now i'm all for pushing through a barren spell in order to try and get a goal - but enough is enough and he cannot start on saturday. Bunn, he likes the ball in behind the defence but can you remember the last time a ball was played in between two defenders for a striker to run on to? Neither can I!! We bring in tounkara and give him 5 or 10 minutes when we're down - just what is the point?

We dont break at any speed and every time we get the ball near the opposition box, they tend to have 9-10 players behind the ball - its no wonder we can't score. We're far too slow to get forward

Next beef i have....playing players out of position...Simpson on the wing is an absolute joke if you do it once, to do it week in and week out tells me that whoever is in charge of picking the side perhaps doesn't know as much as he thinks. This has happened far tar to often this season - we can't keep shoe horning players into a side wherever they will fit, it clearly doesn't work. (Think mellor / winchester)

So, so far we've got to question what happens at training and its clear they're not doing the right things, but what about the team spirit?

Up to chesterfield in the JPT, we had morais, simpson, wes, furball and even rueben reid regularly praising the team spirit at the club yet since there appears to be a number of cracks...KMB - something wrong there......Reid - something wrong there - I'm really concerned that something is happening at the club which is destroying the team spirit - and that shows on the pitch. Nobody seems to want to be part of a team and work for each other. Is it the lack of weslowski or is it something else?

We're in a relegation dogfight, no doubt about it, and with our lack of goals we're in deep :censored:e unless we get help from other clubs. Its time for the management team to take a serious look at themselves AS WELL as the players instead of the referee and the 4th offical (in dickov case). We've got to go back to playing simple football with the right people in the right places.....and then we may just pick up enough points to put this horrific few months behind us and start building for next year. I'm 50/50 on dickov but taggert has got to go. We need a new fitness coach, a defensive coach as a minimum for next year.

Sorry for the eratic jumping around in the post - just typing stuff as it comes to me :)

Come on you blues....i'm dedicated to the team and the club - its about time those paid with my ST money showed the same commitment and passion i do.

My team for next game:

Bouzanis

Lee

Tarky (belezika)

Brown

Marsh brown

Furman

Adeyemi

Millar

Simpson

Bunn

Kuqi

Gerrard

Tounkara

Morais

Good post - agree with a lot of what you say (apart from your team for Saturday ...) - the end of the season cannot come too quickly for me - hopefully we survive and we can all look forward to England (*) in the Euros

- (* I'll get me coat *) :lol:

Edited by TheBigDog

Good post - agree with a lot of what you say (apart from your team for Saturday ...) - the end of the season cannot come too quickly for me - hopefully we survive and we can all look forward to England (*) in the Euros

- (* I'll get me coat *) :lol:

Bouzanis

Lee

Brown

Tarky

Diallo

KMB

Adeyemi (thought he did much better today?

Furman

Morais

Simpson

Tonks

Think we have seen enough to suggest that PD will not drop Kuqi no matter what.

'Diallo - Shockingly poor today. Defensivly - his positioning was dreadful and offered nothing going forward'

Lee gives ball away , Tarks loses his man for goal number one.

Brown loses his man for goal number two.

Tarks loses his man for goal number three.

Wasn't there a thread on here about Antonio going to give Diallo a torrid time , he vanished after 10 minutes.

He did little wrong today imo.

My team for next game:

Bouzanis

Lee

Tarky (belezika)

Brown

Marsh brown

Furman

Adeyemi

Millar

Simpson

Bunn

Kuqi

Gerrard

Tounkara

Morais

My preferred team for mnext week would be

Cisak

Lee

Diamond

M'Voto

Black

Morais

Wesolowski

Furman

Taylor

Simpson

Kuqi

Subs

Bouzanis

Tarkowski

Mellor

Adeyemi

Tounkara

But hey ho 7 of them are out

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

My preferred team for mnext week would be

Cisak

Lee

Diamond

M'Voto

Black

Morais

Wesolowski

Furman

Taylor

Simpson

Kuqi

Subs

Bouzanis

Tarkowski

Mellor

Adeyemi

Tounkara

But hey ho 7 of them are out

Still can't see many goals in that line up Harry.

Edited by BP1960

'Diallo - Shockingly poor today. Defensivly - his positioning was dreadful and offered nothing going forward'

Lee gives ball away , Tarks loses his man for goal number one.

Brown loses his man for goal number two.

Tarks loses his man for goal number three.

Wasn't there a thread on here about Antonio going to give Diallo a torrid time , he vanished after 10 minutes.

He did little wrong today imo.

everyone is entitled to their own opinions which makes forums like these interesting reading

BUT imo Diallo was really poor throughout, he offers nothing coming forward & his crossing since that belter on his home debut has been woeful. YES the other defenders were at fault for goals but he was consistantly out of position and must be the slowest player ever to play professional football. This option we seem to have taken for another year has to be Dickov's worst and most clueless decision yet.

I have given Dickov the benefit of the doubt throughout and am so much against snap sackings and constant turnover of managers in the lower leagues that I am still (just) in the Dickov IN camp. But his lack of tactical acumen is becoming a serious concern. He has no desire to make an earlier game changing substitution and has players playing way below their potential - for example, see Winchester and his lack of development as a CM, despite Carl having excellent technique are Dickov et.al coaching him to look backwards all the time. We are desperate for Dickov to get a No.2 with experience and tactical nouse to help develop this young and potentially very talented side, help us find a plan B during games and offer some calmness where I feel Mr Taggart simply cannot.

I hope we stay up not for the future of this side and the players but for the entire future of our club.

In Dickov we trust? ... becoming a very hard mindset to keep. KTF.

everyone is entitled to their own opinions which makes forums like these interesting reading

BUT imo Diallo was really poor throughout, he offers nothing coming forward & his crossing since that belter on his home debut has been woeful. YES the other defenders were at fault for goals but he was consistantly out of position and must be the slowest player ever to play professional football. This option we seem to have taken for another year has to be Dickov's worst and most clueless decision yet.

Diallo also looks incredibly lightweight - muscled off the ball on a number of occasions when he really shouldn't have been. In his defence though, he's another young lad learning his trade and - in his case - adapting to the English game.

Edited by sbs1trg

Diallo also looks incredibly lightweight - muscled off the ball on a number of occasions when he really shouldn't have been. In his defence though, he's another young lad learning his trade and - in his case - adapting to the English game.

Diallo looks to be struggling after a long spell out, as does Simpson, Furman and to some extent Morais, so you have four there who it seems cannot give their best for 90 minutes, add a tired looking striker, inexperienced youngsters, square pegs in round holes and some key players still injured it can been seen why the team is disfunctional.

It looks like the club can survive in this division and I'm sure PD has learned many lessons - albeit the hard way.

All experienced hands on deck required on Saturday, even a half fit Diamond must be a better bet than Tarkowski, and a 10% fit Wes is still better than Adeyemi.

I was hoping Wes may be back for the last few games , as you say 10% Weso is better than 100% Adeeyemi.

One consolation is no matter the result on Saturday still can't see Wycombe catching us -

We would be 3 points ahead with 3 games left.

They have -

Charlton away -

Notts County - home

Sheff Wed - away.

One point if they are lucky from that lot.

Which would leave us the comfort of 3 one nil defeats and still avoid the drop.

Wonder how many teams have lost their last 10 games of the season , scored none but still avoided the drop !!!!!!!

Takes some doing that - well done PD :o

I was hoping Wes may be back for the last few games , as you say 10% Weso is better than 100% Adeeyemi.

One consolation is no matter the result on Saturday still can't see Wycombe catching us -

We would be 3 points ahead with 3 games left.

They have -

Charlton away -

Notts County - home

Sheff Wed - away.

One point if they are lucky from that lot.

Which would leave us the comfort of 3 one nil defeats and still avoid the drop.

Wonder how many teams have lost their last 10 games of the season , scored none but still avoided the drop !!!!!!!

Takes some doing that - well done PD :o

Over the last 10 games:

Latics have W2 D0 L8 = 6 pts out of a possible 30 pts, or 20%.

Wycombe have W4 D4 L2 = 16 pts out of a possible 30pts, or 53%

If this form was replicated over the 42 games currently played:

Latics would have had 25 pts, and be in joint 22nd place.

Wycombe would have 67 pts, and be on the edge of the play-offs.

Now, are you feeling confident?

Over the last 10 games:

Latics have W2 D0 L8 = 6 pts out of a possible 30 pts, or 20%.

Wycombe have W4 D4 L2 = 16 pts out of a possible 30pts, or 53%

If this form was replicated over the 42 games currently played:

Latics would have had 25 pts, and be in joint 22nd place.

Wycombe would have 67 pts, and be on the edge of the play-offs.

Now, are you feeling confident?

There's a reason both teams are in the bottom third after 40 odd games. Neither is capable of putting together a long run of form. Another way of looking at Wycombe's recent 10 games is that they've been over-achieving, and are due a run of bad form.

A loss and we're still in trouble IMO, Sheff Wed could be a play-off side then and field a weakened team giving Wycombe a chance. A draw or a win will be enough to see us through, if it were me I'd invite them onto us. We're struggling to break teams down so why not make them commit men forward, Sheffield Wedesday scored all three based on counter attacking us, Charlton got the winner with the same concept. Teams have found all ready they can sit back in their own half and we will send everyone but three forward, one good ball from defence and we're in the :censored:. Force the oppo to come at us and hit them on the break, when on the ball and no room to open the defence just pass short. Keep the ball move it from wing to wing, tire them out but keep the shape of the side.