Next season

Did I read somewhere that PD met with SC this week or last to start planning for next season?

I hope PD's already agreeing loan deals or talking to targets rather than the usual scrabbling around mid-July to fill the squad.

A LB is a must, a defensive CM to allow Furman and/or M'Changama to bomb forward and completely overhaul the forward line. That said I would like to see Tonk and Bunn playing together for the last 4 games and then look to keep the duo next season if they impress.

Let's get 3 points on Saturday or even a draw (as I think that will secure safety) and let the gun and games start again for another season....starting with minimal holiday and then start early with stamina training for all retained playing staff!

We need a left back to give us balance and someone who is comfortable on the ball .Think thats slightly harsh on bunn I wouldnt mind getting him and reece brown on season long loans next season they already know the club and we could benefit from having them from preseason not from september . If furman and wes stay I would like one more central midfielder and winchester as back up . Diamond was supposed to be the experienced centre back but I think hes easily replaceable .

Left back, 1 centre-half, 1 wide player to replace taylor, 1 centre mid, 1 striker maybe even 2 and thats without in looking at the fact we may lose a few we dont want to

There is a possibilty we could lose Lee that would be gutting and we wont replace him

For :censored: sake buy some experince in the side as well and someone who can put their boot in a bit

If we keep the players we want besides Taylor who looks gone, I would look at Bunn and Brown on loan for the season, a new LB, a striker 2 if Bunn doesn't sign and/or we can afford it, a centre back if Diamond goes or Brown doesn't come back, a new CM two if Furman or Wes leave. Maybe a winger if their is room in the budget or we get rid of KMB.

If we can't afford to bring in the (quality) experience this young squad is missing, why don't we aim to sign players on loan in January 2013 when we'll need them most?

We've done OK during the first half of both PD's seasons so it could save us a fair bit of money.

If I never see Harry Bunn in a Latics shirt again, it will still be too soon!

Going off only the Sheff Wed game, I think Bunn's got something about him. Think he'll turn out to be a decent player at this level. He'll never make it at City though; wouldn't be surprised if they release him at the end of the season.

I'm sure Reece Brown is out of contract at the end of the season? People have been saying that they wouldn't mind him back here next year on loan - well I'm pretty sure he'll be available to sign outright. Though, as he's a youngster, compensation would be involved, so we'd United to fully release him outright and then pick him up from that; otherwise I doubt we'd be able to afford the compo for him.

I'd have him back here next year, but only as a CB - definately not in a "Mr Versitile" role; playing games in midfield & left back - as frankly he was gash in both positions; but he shows promise at CB.

I'm reserving judgement on Harry Bunn for another game or 2, as he's shown flashes of ability & I think if played correctly he could well be a useful weapon. As it is, playing him with the tactics as they are, he looks pretty average at best.....but it's the form of the side & tactics being used that are making him look like that IMO.

They'll be 1200 out of work footballers this summer (I think that's the correct figure?) - so whilst obviously a large number of those will be out of reach ability & financially wise; a greater number will be 'in our zone' wages & football draw wise. I'll be amazed if we pay a fee again like we did for Cisak - I expect all will be free signings......and I think we need 5 good additions; PD may think differently and Corney may not allow that number - but as I say earlier in the thread, assuming we keep all the out of contract players (Bar Taylor who it seems is off) then it's another CB as a starter, another central midfielder as competition & cover (+ another one if Wes doesn't re-sign) and then 2 new striker; ideally ones who can score (!).

With Cisak, M'Voto, Tarky, Mellor, Winchester, Smith, Belezika already accounted for; and hopefully Lee, Wes, Furman, Black, Reid, Kuqi & Simpson to re-sign......4 or 5 in should see us competitive.

I think next season we hve the chance to build the team around someone who isnt Chris Taylor. I think Simpson, Lee and Furman can be big for us next season. I totally agree we lack a Steve Redmond/Doug Hodgeson style tackler at the back, but i guess thats what happens with young CBs. M'Voto is good, but too many little mistakes.

I think Cisak is the best we have had for a long time and Bouzanis seems to be quite competent. At the back Lee needs to be joined by an equally attacking and LB like we might have had when we had Sheehan. CB, I think we need an old head to sit along side a young defended, be that MVoto or Tarky I dont know. We need someone as commanding as Greegan back there, someone to praise the other defenders but bollock them when they make a mistake.

Mid I would be happy with Furman and Wes, with Simpson on one of the wings. Other wing I'd like to see an actual winger instead of a striker playing on the wing, someone in the mound of David Beresford who will run at the fullbacks and get the ball in.

Up front, I think we need to lose ALL our current strikers. Not sure on Bembo-Leta for fitness but he has shown some promise.

This yer more than ever I can see most transfers coming from free agents, so like someone said earlier, we need to be acting sooner rather than later.

One key factor for next season for me, LESS LOAN SIGNINGS. I know you have to get what you can where you can, but we need players who are going to be proud to pull on our shirt and play for each other, I can not see that happening from someone who has been at 3 clubs in one season!

I wrote this season off when we put in our spineless display in the JPT against Chesterfield, but I will however return next year with the same naive ignorance and positivity that I always do.

OWTB.

Not sure if we can afford but would love to sign Reece Brown as a CB on a free to play with Mvoto. would be good to get some experience in or keep Diamond and Tarky as 4th choice back up is fine.

Happy with the keepers.

Need a new first choice LB - thought Diallo looked good pre injury tho so happy to have him as back up after a full pre season.

Happy with Furman and Wes in middle but really need some better cover in the centre for these 2 I feel so another CM for competition.

Simpson would love to keep, need another first choice striker to offer competition to Kuqi if we are keeping him.

Not sure what to do about the wingers. Keep Morais, can Dickov sort KMB out? He could be an excellent player if in the right frame of mind I am sure.

I Reckon judging by the last two season when the first half has been Ok ish and then the second from January onwards has been a complete f**king diaster then how about a new team for the first half of the season then replace them with a completely new team for the second half.

Complete new signings in both windows will add bit of interest and variety and due to the second half of the season we some times seem to play as a bunch of strangers it can't be worse (win win situation).

Or is that too strong and I have to be a bit more postive - if so I refer back to my posting at the start of the season there must be more leaders in the club we have injuries and the kids give it the best they can but struggle without a leader on the field.

Or maybe I am just completely mad - then I must be the best person for a job in football management I think :-))

how about a new team for the first half of the season then replace them with a completely new team for the second half.

To be fair, that's probably what happened in the last two seasons when you take in to account injuries, transfers in and loan signings.

Perhaps part of the problem, not the solution.

keepers we look to have two good L1 players

LB - we need someone experienced to push black or take the spot

CB - id be impressed if we get anyone better than m'voto and diamond in CB, but brown would be a great signing i think if we could manage to get him

RB - hopefully we'll keep KL, and if we do, we've got one of the best right back in the league

CM - depending on if furman and wes stay we'd only need an adeyemi type player to push them, or if not in comoros stays

R/LW - id keep KMB personally if he wants to, from what ive seen if we can get him as part of the squad it'd be worth putting up with his attitude. him and morais will cause damage at this league

ST - apparently we're looking to keep kuqi, which is okay as someone to have around the squad but should be used like blackpool use phillips, as someone said a day or two ago. simpson will be good if he stays, and i'd go for an experienced player, or a younger player to link up with simpson or smith's flick ons.

pretty much repeating others, but by breaking it down i think we're fine down the centre, but it's out wide that we need to look at.

What if he scores a hat trick on Saturday Lee ? :unsure:

He reminds me of Joe Colbeck to be honest. More skillful, granted, but plenty of running about and no impact whatsoever. Waste of a shirt for me.

The thing about Dickov I find most worrying is the tendency to stick with players who have for the most part had no impact at all, especially when they aren't even our players so we gain nothing from it long term . Bunn is the new Adeyemi but contributes less.