Vote for favourite radio commentary of a football game.....

There's only one candidate really. Stuart Pike's commentary of the FA semi final vs MU at Maine Road in 1990 on Piccadilly or whatever it was called then. Reputedly told to tone it down repeatedly as apparently some United fans listened to it and weren't happy with the fairly obvious bias.

Played on a loop with others of the era at the OASIS promotion dinner the year after. Happy days..

I suppose the Beeb want one of their own!

Non latics -

I remember listening to Cantona go into the crowd on BBC GMR. Paddy Crearand "OH, eric what have you done? Eric no no no" Sob sob sob.... Crearand having to be calmed down and then stood down from duties.

Hillarious.

There's only one candidate really. Stuart Pike's commentary of the FA semi final vs MU at Maine Road in 1990 on Piccadilly or whatever it was called then. Reputedly told to tone it down repeatedly as apparently some United fans listened to it and weren't happy with the fairly obvious bias.

Being at the games I've never heard this.

Anyone got a link?

Full Commentary thanks to Glynn Roberts

this wins hands down, end of dicussion….

I had this recorded on tape cassette. It had the changing room interviews on afterwards, one with Andy Barlow. He got asked about the penatly and he replied "I went down like a sack of spuds...but thats how it goes!" Absolutely brilliant!

Edited by Hornbloweroafc

Full Commentary thanks to Glynn Roberts

this wins hands down, end of dicussion….

So emotional!

My dad missed this. It all got too much for him when we were 2-1 down with ten minutes left and he took himself off.

I was still tuned in and could not believe what I was listening to. When Redfearn scored, I ran around the house looking for my dad. I eventually found him digging in the back garden!

I wasn't shouting and screaming; I was too shocked. I just said "Guess what...?"

"We lost." he replied.

"We're champions!" I said and we jumped around the garden cheering like idiots.