Which current strikers do you want playing for Latics next season?

216 members have voted

1. 1. Kuqi

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Simpson

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Reid

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Bunn

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Tonk

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Brooke

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Bembo-Leta

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Matt Smith

• Yes
    • No

Simpson Yes - as long as that is where he plays (or should I say off the striker) - NOT on the wing. Wssted and looks crap there in my opnion.

Kuqi - I don't know what his wage is. At 35 if we can afford him yes, but needs to be rested and not played into the ground. Wont be that bothered if he goes.

The rest - nope.

I don't think we should break the bank to keep Kuqi but he's certainly worth having in the squad.

Other than Simpson I wouldn't be sorry to see the rest go. Maybe a bit harsh on Bembo-Lita as he looked lively at the start of last season but that's 18 months ago and he's disappeared since.

It's interesting that there's been most votes polled in this category, and only one current striker (if you can call him that) has been given a real vote of confidence.

It certainly shows PDs priority for next season.

it amazes me that anyone voted yes to brook or bembo. Brooke has never looked like a football player and bembo had 4 or 5 good games 18 months ago. Both are on loan to non league sides and cant catch with brook getting two goals in two months. wow give them another shot!

it amazes me that anyone voted yes to brook or bembo. Brooke has never looked like a football player and bembo had 4 or 5 good games 18 months ago. Both are on loan to non league sides and cant catch with brook getting two goals in two months. wow give them another shot!

Brooke looked like a league footballer before lonergan decked him. All be it in preseason. He Is probably as good as Harry Bunn mind.

I let out a boo at Kuqi yesterday when he appeared to not pass to Changybobs - more out of complete frustration at how the match had gone until that point - but I think Kuqi can score goals in this league. And I think Reid and Simpson can as well. We need a playmaker in the middle of the park like Wellens.

Edited by Yard Dog

"Brooke looked like a league footballer before lonergan decked him"

but essentially that means that he scored on his debut, got a three year contact and has had two decent friendly games over the course of the contract and people want to give him a new one

Edited by NJ33

"Brooke looked like a league footballer before lonergan decked him"

but essentially that means that he scored on his debut, got a three year contact and has had two decent friendly games over the course of the contract and people want to give him a new one

Good god who wants to give Brooke a new deal?

For me Simpson definitely

If we could afford or reduce his wages then I would keep Kuqi too but not as the main striker.

If Tonks wages are low after Sunderland get rid I would definitely keep him but again not to be relied on as the main striker but has much more about him than Bembo Lita and Brooke.

Reid seems to have gone and whether or not he has the potential ability he is usually injured so spend the money elsewhere.

For me Kuqi, simpson, tonk, bunn. we need goals and no matter what you think about kuqi, he can get them. Simpson played very well when we played him behind the main striker. Bunn has played well when ive seen him, maybe he could work well as an impact sub, Same really with tonk, could replace kuqi when he needs a rest.

I think they're will only be one striker here from the current lot, and that's Smith. I would give Brooke and Bembo deals until August and see them over pre-season, Kuqi will retire and Simpson seems like he is looking for a move away. I'm not bothered about Simmo staying, since he got his deal he has looked a shadow of the player that ripped Chesterfield apart. He will never be a 15 goal man, which your second striker should be, he is uncomfortable when moved around which your second striker shouldn't be, he is on a fair wedge and is more than entitled to move to as big club as he can.

If tonk could replicate that cameo performance he put in today on a regular basis then maybe worth a deal.

Absolutely. I groaned when I realised he was coming on but he did very well and terrified the Carlisle defence.

The difference - we gave him the ball at his feet rather than lumping it in the air to him.

The difference - we gave him the ball at his feet rather than lumping it in the air to him.

We mixed it really well today.

A lot on the floor, some early crosses and some targeted hoofs which their defence struggled with at times.

But yes, we are a better side with the ball on the deck. The hoof should be the exception.

• 3 weeks later...