Which Directors would you keep at the club given the choice

Do you want each board member in his current position next year?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Simon Corney

• Sack
    • Back
  2. 2. Ian Hill

• Sack
    • Back
  3. 3. Barry Owen

• Sack
    • Back
  4. 4. Mike Newton

• Sack
    • Back

Corney - back. Without him, by now we would be screwed. Can see he is passoniate about the club, shown by his blasting of the players the other week. Continually putting his hand into his pocket to help the club and has backed each manager as much as he can do.

Hill - sack. Purely because I've no idea what he brings to the club etc. All I know is he has something to do with property stuff? Happy to change vote to back if it shows he brings something to the club.

Barry - sack. Shocking representative of fans on the board. Other day summed it up, advertised a fans forum on here and then didn't tell the fans that it had been cancelled, even though he was the one who announced it. Hardly any communication with the fans, which is the reason why he first went onto the board, to be fans representative on board, communicate with them about the club etc.

Newton - sack. Too keen on the footballing side of things and shouldn't be going to training etc if rumours are true. Stick to what your here to do. If can leave the footballing side to those who the club employ to deal with the football sid, and stick to the business/financial aspects of the club then I'd say back.

Edited by RobOAFC

Im actually quite surprised Newton is almost as unpopular as Owen.

And to those who have voted yes to owen, could we please have some reasons as to why, and what you think he brings to the club? Ive not heard one person say a good thing about him on here, yet he has 3 backers so far. Surely one of them is Barry Himself?

Edited by philliggi

I find it highly unlikely that Corney would allow anybody on the board unless he was totally convinced of their abilities. Back them all. Corney doesn't strike me as some soft touch who would 'carry' others. Whether we see what they bring to the table or not, Corney does, and I trust Corney.

Corney- although I'm not happy with a lot of the things he has done and he did with his mates he is in charge of the money and unless someone with more money than sense comes along or one of us lot wins the euromillions he stays by the default.

Hill and Newton do what exactly- I'd be interested to know how they got on the board as given the benefits- ticket(s) to every game, free food and free bar you can easily get a £100 worth of free stuff per home game. That's over £2k per season just in the home games as a Director I bet you can get similar benefits for the away fixtures too.

The Grand poobah, aka Nick Clegg, aka the ex-copper, if he was elected in a proper manner then yes he can stay, until such time he goes every day of the week and twice on days when he doesn't do his job- which is most of them.

Not sure if Neil Joy is a Director now as well? I don't know enough about what Newton or Hill do and without that I'd prefer not to hold an opinion based to some degree on hearsay. Corney has made mistakes but has been dealt the :censored:tiest hand going and is still here, he has my support. My views on t'other one are a matter of record and I said that I had done with going any further into them, suffice to say my opinion is unchanged.

How can people suggest sacking SC? Without him we would NOT have a club. Pure and simple. Anyone claiming that the club is bigger than any one person is deluded because without him we'd be a FC United but on a much smaller scale by now.

Hill - I said sack because nothing has happened on the stadium development and I'm not sure what he's actually brought to the table.

Barry - sack! PR disaster after disaster on a monumental scale and the warmth of a one bar fire...that's not plugged in. He's there to unify the fans but has done the direct opposite. Yes he's spent all his spare time doing club duties supposedly on behalf of the fans but if I was retired on a police pension then I'd volunteer as director too. Always comes over as smug on LP, gives impression that he's a bigger fan than the rest of us and tried to take all the credit when we signed Lee Hughes. Never met the bloke to talk to but I've see him at a pre-season match last season and he sat in the directors section blanking the fans with that smug look whereas Simon Corney was engaging with the fans and having a laugh. Ironic bearing in mind he's the fans representative but disliked by most!

Newton - I've actually said back on the basis that I'm hoping he'll find someone with money to pump in. Just stay away from the training pitch, keep your nose out of managing the team and spend every second in a club capacity getting us financial investment!

In all honesty, SC apart, I can't see what the others bring to the table that benefits our club. No financial investment, no effective strategy on or off the field....everything seems to come from SC.

I just hope a financial backer comes in, replaces the whole board but keeps Corney on as Chairman.

I actually have nothing against any of the current board as you can't blame people for not having £50million to piss away on my football team but their doesn't seem to be any grand plan coming from any of them and unfortunately until we have sweeping changes at the top we are going nowhere so I'd get rid of the lot and have a new board but that would require someone mad enough to pick up the baton and take reigns.

Corney is the only one willin to put any money into the club. Why would anyone want to sack him?

Hill doesn't seem to do anything, but that doesn't mean he has some use to the club.

Newton uses the club to keep himself fit. His one use to us would be to use his knowledge of the markets to make enough money to rebuild the stadium. If he's not doing that then he should go.

Owen always seems to make things worse when he makes statements. He no doubt is well intentioned, but that's not good enough.

We should sack Hill and Newton because they don't do anything that I am aware of*

*Please note, I am completely unqualified to make such a statement as I know nothing about what their roles are supposed to be, other than they must direct stuff, how much time they would spend doing this and whether they recieve any renumeration in return. Not too mention that the work of a director largely goes on behind closed doors, unlike the actual team, who play in front of the public.