2. 2. Should Latics have Tangerine?

• Yes - A Full tangerine kit
    • Yes - But only with a majority of blue on the kit
    • No - We don't play in tangerine!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the new away be released or actually shown on the website? Would be great to have a choice but like the new home shirt though

Not sure but I'd guess the end of July, just in time for the season to start. That way they'll have had the maximum impact from sales of the new home shirt (which I really like btw) for the maximum amount of time, and then be able to capitalise on the growing anticipation of a brand new season starting within a week or so if the shirt launch.

Not wanting to knock Jenny & Broady (as they are both relatively new to their current roles) but :- Why do we constantly seem to miss a trick when it comes to marketing?

Carlisle have released their new shirt this week also and literally hundreds arrived wearing it yesterday.

We have to keep ours a secret until half time during the last match of the season instead of getting it on sale during the week for people to buy and wear for the game.

To phrase one of our loanees:- "SHAMBLES!!"

Dave Hudson

Not wanting to knock Jenny & Broady (as they are both relatively new to their current roles) but :- Why do we constantly seem to miss a trick when it comes to marketing?

Carlisle have released their new shirt this week also and literally hundreds arrived wearing it yesterday.

We have to keep ours a secret until half time during the last match of the season instead of getting it on sale during the week for people to buy and wear for the game.

To phrase one of our loanees:- "SHAMBLES!!"

Dave Hudson

There's a bit where by having on sale later those who are renewing their season ticket this week, probably the most popular week to do it, might pop into the shop to get a closer look and some might buy it.

However, the same could have applied last week. I don't think it was the best marketing ever, nor do I think the marketing team's inexperience should be an excuse. If they are that inexperienced how did they get the job? We had a captive audience yesterday, we could have sold a lot more if it had been on sale before the game. Ok, the fanfare wouldn't have been the same, but I'd take sales over fanfare every day. Also I think our catering takings would have been reduced yesterday as seemingly lots of people were waiting for the new kit as opposed to getting their half time food and drink.

Having said that, I wonder how much of the timing of yesterday's kit launch was taken out of the club's hands by the much larger company- the manufacturer.

There's a bit where by having on sale later those who are renewing their season ticket this week, probably the most popular week to do it, might pop into the shop to get a closer look and some might buy it.

However, the same could have applied last week. I don't think it was the best marketing ever, nor do I think the marketing team's inexperience should be an excuse. If they are that inexperienced how did they get the job? We had a captive audience yesterday, we could have sold a lot more if it had been on sale before the game. Ok, the fanfare wouldn't have been the same, but I'd take sales over fanfare every day. Also I think our catering takings would have been reduced yesterday as seemingly lots of people were waiting for the new kit as opposed to getting their half time food and drink.

Having said that, I wonder how much of the timing of yesterday's kit launch was taken out of the club's hands by the much larger company- the manufacturer.

I agree with all of that post but the bit in bold - don't the same crew manufacture Carlisle's kit?

I agree with all of that post but the bit in bold - don't the same crew manufacture Carlisle's kit?

Yeah, but maybe they didn't want us showcasing our new kit at the same time as they did. Sort of like Carlisle have got Wednesday, Bournemouth Tuesday, Notts County Friday etc. We got lumped with Saturday?

Yeah, but maybe they didn't want us showcasing our new kit at the same time as they did. Sort of like Carlisle have got Wednesday, Bournemouth Tuesday, Notts County Friday etc. We got lumped with Saturday?

Can't imagine that's the case; it's not as if they're targeting the same audience, is it?!