141 members have voted

1. 1. Which home kit would you prefer?

• A
    • B
  2. 2. Should Latics have Tangerine?

• Yes - A Full tangerine kit
    • Yes - But only with a majority of blue on the kit
    • No - We don't play in tangerine!

After the success of the first poll, BP1960 has asked me just to include two kits this time. so here goes...

Kit A - Winner of the last poll with just under 50% of the vote

2ih0xw8.png

Kit B - A popular re-make of the kit from 2001-2002

qxnj0m.png

Let the battle commence :wink:

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who are voting to have tangerine full kits or otherwise would it be possible to state why?

now obviously we did have Tangerine shirts for a short while under Ken Bates in the seventies but predominetly we have worn Blue and White of various different designs over the years and if a third colour has been added then its been red but normally just a trim - it has even been red on the most recent club badge until last season change but it appears on the current home kit

going back as far as Pine Villa we also played in Red and White Hoops for a number of years and the red hoops appeared again in the 90's! we have also had a season of an all white shirt in the past.

so why is it now that all of a sudden people say our colours are blue and tangerine? why not red? why not all white? why not hoops?

I voted kit A but would want a red trim instead

Edited by palmer1

I really like them both.

I suggest that next year you do some mock-ups around Christmas time for the 2013/14 away shirt, put them on here and if you get a positive reaction again there's nothing stopping the club being contacted to bring the ideas to their attention. I'd imagine knowing a shirt is popular with fans before it's manufactured would go down well (even if not at Carbrini).

Those who are voting to have tangerine full kits or otherwise would it be possible to state why?

now obviously we did have Tangerine shirts for a short while under Ken Bates in the seventies but predominetly we have worn Blue and White of various different designs over the years and if a third colour has been added then its been red but normally just a trim - it has even been red on the most recent club badge until last season change but it appears on the current home kit

going back as far as Pine Villa we also played in Red and White Hoops for a number of years and the red hoops appeared again in the 90's! we have also had a season of an all white shirt in the past.

so why is it now that all of a sudden people say our colours are blue and tangerine? why not red? why not all white? why not hoops?

I voted kit A but would want a red trim instead

I voted tangerine trim because I like it!

I dont like us playing in red and never have done (the Prem kit in red and white with the lace up neck was okay, but we looked :censored:e in red and blue hoops for the home kit).

I also think we should play in Tangerine away because that was the away kit when I started watching Latics away (probably about 1980ish) and that was way after the Ken Bates era IIRC!

We have several times over the years played in tangerine away from home including Everton away in the FA Cup a few years ago! I am 41 and have always related to Latics playing in Tangerine, albeit we do seem to change!

As said in the previous poll, kit B please with blue sleeves, blue shorts and white socks. And the broad blue stripe should be on the back of the shirt too, not all white like the 2000/01 almost replica.

^^^^^^^

THIS

No one else plays in that style - its unique and gives a better identity than a new badge.

I know in the prem you cant have stripes on the back, it has to be one colour for the name and number. well it should be blue.

Edited by pukka

^^^^^^^

THIS

No one else plays in that style - its unique and gives a better identity than a new badge.

I know in the prem you cant have stripes on the back, it has to be one colour for the name and number. well it should be blue.

We're not in the prem. Just saying......