New Coach?

He looks like the perfect addition in terms of what we've been crying out for, but I do worry a little that a new person appointed directly by the board may put pressure on Dickov and create a bit of a negative atmosphere.. They might not even get on!

But here's hoping it works out.

Who's that? What are his achievements?

Who's that?

Great pedigree as a coach, involved with England under Keegan, and during his time at Newcastle. Most recently with Clark at Hudds along with Terry Mac. also coached extensively throughout the Northwest, Bury, Blackburn, Bolton and City. Would be a good appointment imo. Certainly got the experience and the nouse...

Edited by oafcprozac

He looks like the perfect addition in terms of what we've been crying out for, but I do worry a little that a new person appointed directly by the board may put pressure on Dickov and create a bit of a negative atmosphere.. They might not even get on!

But here's hoping it works out.

Going off the teams he's worked at it would appear they already know each other. Not sure.

There is a good chance the two know each other, we are all assuming he(anyone) is being brought in over Dickov's head. Maybe it's him that has made the choice, Duxbury wasn't PD's man anyway, Taggart could walk into a another coaching role and that's if their going. For all we know they may all stay (I doubt it), have to say he would make a great addition though.

Devil's advocate but maybe he (DF) was at the game to watch Preston, not us?

Westley is having a mare, the players have & continue to rebel against him and until there little run of games recently, they looked in danger of being sucked into the relegation scrap proper.

Maybe Risdale is looking at some 'help' for little Mr Ego???

In terms of us, I echo what has been said by one or 2 others, namely just how do people know that Taggart or Dux aren't good coaches, unless they have been to the training sessions on several occasions and seen for themselves?

I know there is a poster on here (is it Harry Bosch IIRC???) who claims to have insider info from a player that the squad hate Taggart. That may well be the case I guess, but in any walk of life & in any employment sector, there will always be employees who do not see eye to eye with a senior manager or boss; it's almost inevitable isn't it? What's to say that this one source is that person; and the rest of the squad or perfectly fine with Taggart?

No slight on the poster at all, but it does feck me off a tad that 1 person can post something that is unfounded, yet within moments it's taken as gospel by many - and before you know it, Taggart is :censored: coach who all the players hate.

As for an appointment by the board over the top of the manager, those kind of things never seem to go well do they? Unless Dickov has been fully involved in the decision process and is fully behind the appointment, I can see trouble ahead.

i dont think it will be a new coach coming in. From what i heard recently recently the system put in place by Dickov and Taggert needs completley overhauling and thats what Corney will be speaking to them about.

if a player doesnt make the squad for the weekend, he doesnt train with them - he is off another group way from the the match squad which would explain why when a player is not making the squad KMB for example after his suspension or Reid recently... we dont see or hear aboout them for weeks, because they cant force their way back in training elswhere.It would also explain why fitness levels are different throughout the players.

i did mention this a few weeks ago on match day chat and was told is was bollox but it came from a coach at the club who has never seen a set up like it at the club in all his time here,its also been discussed on more than one occasion.

ive never been and watched them train throughout the season but its what i was told and thats all i know - guess we just wait and see

Edited by palmer1

i dont think it will be a new coach coming in. From what i heard recently recently the system put in place by Dickov and Taggert needs completley overhauling and thats what Corney will be speaking to them about.

if a player doesnt make the squad for the weekend, he doesnt train with them - he is off another group way from the the match squad which would explain why when a player is not making the squad KMB for example after his suspension or Reid recently... we dont see or hear aboout them for weeks, because they cant force their way back in training elswhere.It would also explain why fitness levels are different throughout the players.

i did mention this a few weeks ago on match day chat and was told is was bollox but it came from a coach at the club who has never seen a set up like it at the club in all his time here,its also been discussed on more than one occasion.

ive never been and watched them train throughout the season but its what i was told and thats all i know - guess we just wait and see

I cannot for th elife of me understand why such a system would be puit in place.

Obviosuly I am not condemning PD and GT on the basis of what you have said, but it beggars belief if it is in operation.

I suspect it was more like a specific punishment or a "fine" (ie your turn to go to Tescos at 5pm sort of thing) for the the sort of thing to keep players in line. I find it hard to beleive it is permanently in place.

I cannot for th elife of me understand why such a system would be puit in place.

Obviosuly I am not condemning PD and GT on the basis of what you have said, but it beggars belief if it is in operation.

I suspect it was more like a specific punishment or a "fine" (ie your turn to go to Tescos at 5pm sort of thing) for the the sort of thing to keep players in line. I find it hard to beleive it is permanently in place.

i thought the same as yourself but it does make sense to me that when a player is dropped from the squad for whatever reason they are gone for a while rather tan a game even going back to Brooke and Bembo who didnt seem to get another chance after long term injurys, they where both playing fairly regular in the first time when the injuries occured especially Bembo who a lot of fans had high hopes for and yet both have vanished. edit for Lewi aswell last season, same reason

Could they not force their way back into the squad because of the current set up?

Edited by palmer1

According to the rarely there could be a coaching shake up for next season....Corney is set for a meeting with Dickov to discuss the way forward. Could this affect the future of Taggart or more importantly Dickov himself?

If Taggart's role comes in to question it's a possibility that they could both walk away!!

Also Jack Laird and Ryan Burns have gone out on trial to Tranmere and Scunthorpe respectively....I hope we haven't dropped a bollock with these two!

Greagan has moved in facing my mate in Alkrington. Maybe a new defensive coaching job to go with his new house.