As a Latics fan...Who are you supporting in the derby?

Manchester Derby  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who d'ya want to win?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the posters about United buying success too. They've spent as much money as others they deride for the same thing.

In so far as I can remember my hatred of City began with Keith Curle - in a way I resent modern day people thinking I hate them because of the money. The money makes me laugh because it brings even greater prospects for hilarity. Much as I dislike the other lot though I don't believe that the comparison is true here though. The Salford Buccs are a very profitable business, as represented by the fact that the Glaziers bum them every year. It's one thing building on football success, and another pumping money into a glamour project. Regrettably, Manchester United earn the money that they spend on players.

Dislike them both in equal measures. Always have done, always will do.

Growing up in the late sixties/early seventies I was surrounded by C*ty and U*d "fans" who never went near either of their grounds. And, of course at that time, both clubs were winning titles; League, FA Cup, European CWC, European Cup etc, while we were in the 4th Division.

I'm glad I'm 6,000 miles away, 6 hours in front and will be safely tucked up in bed sound asleep when the whole circus is in full swing.

In so far as I can remember my hatred of City began with Keith Curle - in a way I resent modern day people thinking I hate them because of the money. The money makes me laugh because it brings even greater prospects for hilarity. Much as I dislike the other lot though I don't believe that the comparison is true here though. The Salford Buccs are a very profitable business, as represented by the fact that the Glaziers bum them every year. It's one thing building on football success, and another pumping money into a glamour project. Regrettably, Manchester United earn the money that they spend on players.

Indeed, though United's sucess somewhat coincided with them going PLC and even though perhaps they are more sustainable, they still pay high wages and have broke the the transfer record a few times.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I really dislike them both but City fans have always been a bit cooler.

Now I live in Yorkshire I don't bump into too many City fans but the place is crawling with Man U.

People who come into work everytime United win and repeat to me what the pundits on Sky have said, the same people who have nothing to say about Oldham Athletic (because they don't know anything about football other than the top three of the premiership).

Even the Leeds fans can hold a conversation about football in general.

For Me United have always been a team who create media spin and get the world to believe it. All their fans constantly toe the party line. They can do no wrong in their eyes.

The same United who blame Chelsea and and City for buying the league - Well they didn't put it up for sale. You did!

The United who never spend any money (except for all the world record transfers) and small fees like £30m on Rooney, Ferdinand, Berbatov and the rest.

Likke others I am probably not keen on either.

Ironically, even though I live just outside Tunbridge wells, there are 2 City fans. both of whom I know supported them in when they were as low as us

And my brother in law has supported Utd since the 1960's.

He is prozac-esque in his memory of the results scorers etc.

When I was growing up in the 1970's watching Oldham it was all Utd fans taking the mickey

But City have done many more favours in my time than Utd I mean all we have got out of Utd is Martin Buchan and Michael Clegg! I'll give you Kieran Lee.

And it rubs utd face in it because they think they have a divine right.

and the grief I got of my mate when we were watching THAT FA Cup goal

So City it is.

I would have thought Sky were the most pleased. Probably record viewing figures for them.

Edited by singe

I have also gone for Citeh because when I was at Uni in Manchester I knew 3 Utd season ticket holders who chose to attend Manchester Uni because it was easier for them to get to home games. They lived in MK, Reading and Cork, not one of them had any affiliation with Manchester or any reason to support United and it still annoys me.

Neither, city moved into the council house in our back yard and united are just united.

Two of my greatest moments as an oldham fan, humiliating city at Maine Rd 4-1 and beating Man U at home 1-0.

Happy days