According to.....

.....a colleague who read me this snippet in today's Daily Mail, we are looking at Damien Reeves.

Forward, 26 years old, 44 goals this season in the Conference North for Altrincham.

Former Leeds trainee also attracting attention from Kilmarnock and Doncaster.

.....a colleague who read me this snippet in today's Daily Mail, we are looking at Damien Reeves.

Forward, 26 years old, 44 goals this season in the Conference North for Altrincham.

Former Leeds trainee also attracting attention from Kilmarnock and Doncaster.

But by the look's of it they have a team that can cross a ball and also pass a ball

seems good to me, at that level anyway. those goals wernt just about them coming off his arse, some were technically quite good, while a couple were about taking risks and throwing yourself at miniscule chances. we have lacked in both departments this year.

Sod in depth scouting.

We may have sent Big Gordy down there in disguise over a few games........methinks you underestimate our scouting system.

Anyway.....look at some of our recent non-league signings where we have watched the player several times......hardly set the world on fire.....I'm talking about Smiffy and Kelly here.

Give the lad a go....maybe even part-ex Reuben.....that should swing it.

AND I'm prepared to overlook his dirty Leeds connection.

I saw him a few times when he played for Farsley Celtic (about 4 yrs ago when Lee Sinnot was manager) and thought he looked a decent prospect. Small but not afraid to make the defenders life uncomfortable, quite skilful, positive approach - always felt he would create something and he had an eye for goal. At non-league level anyway. Farsley were certainly a better team when he played. He scored in oen of the nost exciting games I've seen - the Blue Sq North final v Hinckley at Burton's ground - a 4-3 thriller. Would love to see him given a chance at BP.

seems an all round decent striker

no problems with us giving these guys a chance - with SERVICE and the right player around them he could do well.

Him and Tonk on saturdays showing may make a complimenting partnership.

don't slag off signing non-league players - Peterborough aint done too bad - mackail smith, maclean, boyd and recentlt barnett and brisley from league 2

OK they payd £ for them, but the principle point is that championship clubs aint afraid to invest in lower league players.

If it was us in the championship signing players from league 2 you wouldn't be able to hear yourself think for all the moaning.

whoever we sign, we sign; END OF on PD's head be it and even he knows that.

We may have sent Big Gordy down there in disguise over a few games........methinks you underestimate our scouting system.

Anyway.....look at some of our recent non-league signings where we have watched the player several times......hardly set the world on fire.....I'm talking about Smiffy and Kelly here.

Give the lad a go....maybe even part-ex Reuben.....that should swing it.

AND I'm prepared to overlook his dirty Leeds connection.

He's called Damien though, that and ex-Leeds? It's a no from me :)

Altrincham have been the top scorers in the Conference North for this season, and he has been the main reason for that. The reason they didn't get promoted is because they couldn't keep them out at the other end. Lee Sinnott obviously like him, having managed him twice at two different clubs now.

The club have been saying in the local press that they would like to keep him, but a number of clubs have been watching him. Depends if we are the biggest (not often we can say that !)

I can't recall either having a decent run in the side.....its been our downfall. In some positions we'll shove square pegs in round holes, yet up front, we stick to the same tired old regime week after week...