Season ticket sales

Good news.

Same money out of the adults.

Just under half out of the kids.

About £7k down based on some very rough maths. I think they should carry on pushing the tenner for kids.

£6990 ;~) little brothers yet to buy his

From the numbers though, more adult season tickets have been sold for next season so far than the same period last season?

2012/13 season - 2,238 total ST - 767 £10 STs = 1,471 non-£10 ST holders

2011/12 season - 1,786 total ST - 332 junior STs = 1,454 non-junior ST holders

OK, it's a 1% increase but it's an increase!

Keep the glass half full everyone, next season will be a positive surprise for this club...I can feel it.

From my workings out we have took around the same amount as last season,

2011/12 average adult price was £316 x 1454 tickets sold is £459,464

kids tickets was £50 x 332 sold is £16600

TOTAL £476,064

2012/13

average adult price £316 x 1471 sold is £464,836

kids tickets £10 x 767 sold £7670

TOTAL £472,506

so £3558 down on last season which we will prob take between now and the start of the season.

From the numbers though, more adult season tickets have been sold for next season so far than the same period last season?

2012/13 season - 2,238 total ST - 767 £10 STs = 1,471 non-£10 ST holders

2011/12 season - 1,786 total ST - 332 junior STs = 1,454 non-junior ST holders

OK, it's a 1% increase but it's an increase!

Keep the glass half full everyone, next season will be a positive surprise for this club...I can feel it.

sorry. didn't read your post correctly.

Edited by Yard Dog

Overall, this is very positive support from the fans. It would be great if the club could somehow take the plunge with a few supporter pleasing signings and/or, news on a new stand. One or both would inevitably give a boost to the full price ST’s. I have no doubt that the overall increase in adult tickets after another poor season will be due to some adults being attached to the kids on the £10 deal. Also, I am not sure that those doing the maths on the total take are taking account of those adults on half price concessionary ST’s, which will be quite a few. Either way I am feeling better already and feel sure that the £10 ticket is going to be a great success. Let’s hope the club can come up with something to keep it going.

Edited by mikeroyboy

One question: What's the deal for us pay-on-the-day people? Is it the category system, or a nice round £20 or whatever?

Another question: Why do we have the ability change font rather than a default one? It looks messy, ugly and non-uniform. And people have a choice of using Comic Sans, although thankfully no-one has yet.

One question: What's the deal for us pay-on-the-day people? Is it the category system, or a nice round £20 or whatever?

Another question: Why do we have the ability change font rather than a default one? It looks messy, ugly and non-uniform. And people have a choice of using Comic Sans, although thankfully no-one has yet.

£20 a game. No discount paying in advance. Save £1 in the paddock.

*predictable reply here*

It's fantastic so far the take up on the tenner juniors, but the trick is to keep them attending!

We really need to break out of the mould of shooting ourselves in the foot when we attract a larger crowd than normal. Latics and the fans need a good season to halt the mind set currently occuring.

These predictions and values don't take into account the amount of consession season tickets (OAP)

No. But an assumption that the sales mix for non-child tickets is similar to last season is reasonable so it's also reasonable to assume income is also in line with last season too.

If anything I'd expect the kids offer to have slightly increased the number of full paying adults.

In summary: it's a good news story. Despite the wailing we see after each and every failure to win 5-0 most have stuck with Latics, a few new ones have jumped on board and a shed load of extra kids are coming too. Hopefully bringing their mates at a fiver a game too!

The total estimated on here for sale of tickets is £472506 ,but in the childrens figure how many are included in the family tickets. From people who I have known for many years are not renewing because of the poor standard of football this year. They have had season tickets for over 20 years. When you start saying how much money collected divide that by 52 weeks and 25 players = £313 per player per week. So there is not much money to go around unless we get good sponcers or new directors with money.

The total estimated on here for sale of tickets is £472506 ,but in the childrens figure how many are included in the family tickets. From people who I have known for many years are not renewing because of the poor standard of football this year. They have had season tickets for over 20 years. When you start saying how much money collected divide that by 52 weeks and 25 players = £313 per player per week. So there is not much money to go around unless we get good sponcers or new directors with money.

If that really is the case then we've attracted new adult ST holders because the figure show that we are, in fact, slightly up !

What is the good news is that we have , at worse, about the same income from them as last year.

Of course we need investment - goodness knows we do - but the news about ST's is positive. Don't rain on the parade!

It has been the same for many years now.

But the pay on the days are roughly the same as season ticket holders so that is immediately £600 per week.

Plus sposorship

I think it is widely recognised the season tickets generally is to help the summer period with no income coming in.