I take it you're hoping he'll knock back Huddersfield and Leeds and accept Millwall's offer and move down south, so he'll stop shagging your missus?

Bit harsh that?

I don't know why people keep bringing up everyone not being so bothered about taylor going?

We all thank him for his efforts but let's not kid ourselves, he's been on the decline for years. Who knows he might do better after a fresh start? But I can't see it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe him and Mr Parker were celebrating KMB getting a contract? As he had been training with is for weeks. Guess we shall never know. Either way a bloody stupid way to introduce yourself. It was not long after that that Parker was shown the door.

Parker was drafted out because of his antics at MK Dons wasnt he? So dont know where you got that from.

I dispute fiercely the suggestion that Taylor has been on the decline for years, I am staggered that it is accepted as reasonable fodder for conversation.

Has he maybe changed as a player, and gone as far as he can with us? Probably. But I firmly believe that he'll goon to have a good career in the Championship, showing what a good footballer he is when the ball stays on the floor.

Bit harsh that?

I don't know why people keep bringing up everyone not being so bothered about taylor going?

We all thank him for his efforts but let's not kid ourselves, he's been on the decline for years. Who knows he might do better after a fresh start? But I can't see it.

Exactly my point - he is just another player who has played for Latics, not been the best and not the worst, who is moving on.I personally do not rate him (is OK but and cannot grasp the hype surrounding him - because of this anyone who does not seemingly view the sun as shining out of CT's backside on this board is either an idiot or has had CT shag their assumed partner....????)

I do not also fathom the stance on this board that 'he is an Oldham lad and fan so you cannot slag him off' - He is just as open to being critcised/praised as the next player - seems the past managers and PD have jumped on this bandwaggon given that he played every week despite being poor for the most part of the season and didn't IMO warrant a starting place.

I just don't get the hype and the abuse that anyone who dares to say a bad word about Chris Taylor on this board then receives. I find it odd that it seems OK, for those in the clique that exists in here, to bad-mouth our consecutive player of the season and yet they are the first to jump on posters when golden boy Taylor is questioned.

I WILL REITERATE - good luck to CT and I wish him the best and hope he does well - i just don't get the hype and i think the football we played in the 2nd half against Carlisle with the young kids proves we can go on without him.

Take away his ability with the ball in getting away from his marker over a short distance and he is an average player with average overall ability. There is a reason he never left when at his peak - That is how i see it.

I await the abuse but would hope that people who know the definition of the term opinion will move on to something else.

Let that be the end of it

Edited by shefflatic

^^^ This. My first thought when I read it. 12 month contract but maybe they don't trust him enough to see it through without ballsing it up somewhere along the line. So they tell him straight, "Be a good boy and we'll let you stay beyond Chrimbo. Screw it up and you're gone. Ball's in your court, son."

They've put the 6 month review on all the players they've signed this pre season, so it's nothing to do with kmbs attitude

Exactly my point - he is just another player who has played for Latics, not been the best and not the worst, who is moving on.I personally do not rate him (is OK but and cannot grasp the hype surrounding him - because of this anyone who does not seemingly view the sun as shining out of CT's backside on this board is either an idiot or has had CT shag their assumed partner....????)

I do not also fathom the stance on this board that 'he is an Oldham lad and fan so you cannot slag him off' - He is just as open to being critcised/praised as the next player - seems the past managers and PD have jumped on this bandwaggon given that he played every week despite being poor for the most part of the season and didn't IMO warrant a starting place.

I just don't get the hype and the abuse that anyone who dares to say a bad word about Chris Taylor on this board then receives. I find it odd that it seems OK, for those in the clique that exists in here, to bad-mouth our consecutive player of the season and yet they are the first to jump on posters when golden boy Taylor is questioned.

I WILL REITERATE - good luck to CT and I wish him the best and hope he does well - i just don't get the hype and i think the football we played in the 2nd half against Carlisle with the young kids proves we can go on without him.

Take away his ability with the ball in getting away from his marker over a short distance and he is an average player with average overall ability. There is a reason he never left when at his peak - That is how i see it.

I await the abuse but would hope that people who know the definition of the term opinion will move on to something else.

Let that be the end of it

I just don't get the hype and the abuse that anyone who dares to say a bad word about Chris Taylor

Have a word!! Bandwaggon? You can't be so far up your own arse as to believe that? The fact that every manager we've had since Taylor's been playing first team football has deemed us to a better side with him in it is not a coincidence.

I get your point that he's not irreplaceable and should at times have been dropped, that said, to leave him out of a team that's had some of the wank we've had in it over the years qould've been criminal.

As for Taylor being immune to critiscm, I don't think anyone got as much unwarranted grief as Taylor last season.

Even when not setting the world alight, bought more to us than is given credit for.

Credit where due though, you've had the agenda for a while.

Edited by longtimeblue

The point surely isn't that Taylor is exempt from criticism, but that a lot of the criticism is unfair. I honestly wonder if some people actually understand that football is a game that has to be won, rather than as a collection of random blokes trying FIFA skills...

As has been amply pointer out by other bastions of good sense, if numerous managers have looked at the guy and not just seen fit to keep him in the side, but also to refer to him as out best player, then I would suggest he can play.

I've never been moved criticise his effort, workrate or defensive application, while he always looks to play. Ergo, worth a place.

The point surely isn't that Taylor is exempt from criticism, but that a lot of the criticism is unfair. I honestly wonder if some people actually understand that football is a game that has to be won, rather than as a collection of random blokes trying FIFA skills...

As has been amply pointer out by other bastions of good sense, if numerous managers have looked at the guy and not just seen fit to keep him in the side, but also to refer to him as out best player, then I would suggest he can play.

I've never been moved criticise his effort, workrate or defensive application, while he always looks to play. Ergo, worth a place.

Yet he's still a winger who can't beat a man?

He's a winger that had his game badly affected by bad management and filling the hole on the left wing under Shez. Taylor should have always been left on the right wing which would have improved his crossing ability - with this strikers like Kuqi may get simple free headers, especially when on the break. Unfortunatley, Taylor switching to the left wing meant that he was forced to cut inside all the time - which worked for the first season but then came predictable and tells us why he couldn't beat his man 9/10 times in his last couple of seasons at the club.

i'll reiterate my earlier point that Taylor was never going to be the best player in the world, but we all know that he isn't half bad and will be missed.

Agree with that last post.

As for the winger who can't beat a man, I think that's totally unfair too. Granted he doesn't cut loose like i'd hoped he would when he was younger but he does hit the byline when he stands up against his man. Plus, not that many wingers can really beat a man for skill or pace. Hence why at the top level those that can are so highly prized.

will you and everyone else STOP GOING ON about how professional Taylor was and how many games he played as if he is some sort of messiah!!!

He has been average to :censored:e for the past 2 years and whatever we may or may not think of him regards his ability and worth to the team, he is moving on, just like Lee.

I think you've been poor Chris and aren't 'all that' or 'oldham's best player because your an Oldham fan' as for professional i don't call turning up pre-season allgedly overweight being professional as i have been informed was the case the seasom just gone.

But good luck Chris - next. The amount of games someone plays in is neither here nor there if their form wasn't consistent and if they didn't fulfill their duties as regards their role in the team. You could make 100 appearances from the bench, yet be crap and regarded as deserving praise for that number of appearances; totally irrelevant.

But oh no i am sorry - Chris don't go we all love you it won't be the same without your 100 best dives DVD.....

Tish

It's an Oldham message board and believe it or not, most level headed & sensible Oldham fans on here believe that 286 games and 30+ goals over a 10 year association with the club is worthy of praise.

You don't. Fine. I just suggest you take the Taylor-sized chip of your shoulder and don't post such one-sided, anti-Taylor drivel on any & every thread you sniff out that even mentions the lads name.

#sad

I know that a large a number of the clubs thermal shorts and t-shirts that the players use in training and on match day ended up at KMB's house (which he said he was washing). It did not take long before the squad started to get annoyed and to accuse him every time anything went missing.

I wonder if that is why he was wearing gloves in the middle of a heatwave in March- no finger prints!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if that is why he was wearing gloves in the middle of a heatwave in March- no finger prints!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that, the kids probs on 1-2 k a week and people think he's after stealing abit of cheap thermal kit?! Haha

I love that, the kids probs on 1-2 k a week and people think he's after stealing abit of cheap thermal kit?! Haha

£1-2k a week? HA.

He'd be on a low basic wage, with a few bonuses in for goals/assists/appearances to make it bit bigger. Doubt it ever got anywhere near £1k a week.

Fifa Street tho innit bruv, mad skillz makes it ez to score ya feel? brap brap

Edited by LeylandLatic

The idea that taylor can't beat a man is absolute bollocks, The problem he's had for maybe 2 seasons now is that teams happily double up on him knowing he's one of our biggest threats, one presses him in possession, the other backs off and covers. The fact that Taylor is double marked nearly every game probably means it's not only our current and previous managers that think he's pretty good but most of the other managers in the league and their scouts.

will you and everyone else STOP GOING ON about how professional Taylor was and how many games he played as if he is some sort of messiah!!!

He has been average to :censored:e for the past 2 years and whatever we may or may not think of him regards his ability and worth to the team, he is moving on, just like Lee.

I think you've been poor Chris and aren't 'all that' or 'oldham's best player because your an Oldham fan' as for professional i don't call turning up pre-season allgedly overweight being professional as i have been informed was the case the seasom just gone.

But good luck Chris - next. The amount of games someone plays in is neither here nor there if their form wasn't consistent and if they didn't fulfill their duties as regards their role in the team. You could make 100 appearances from the bench, yet be crap and regarded as deserving praise for that number of appearances; totally irrelevant.

But oh no i am sorry - Chris don't go we all love you it won't be the same without your 100 best dives DVD.....

I wasn't going to bother replying to this as so many have already pointed out it's a completely ridiculous post, but just referring to this totally unverifiable and clearly bull :censored: claim - CT weighs I would estimate about 11st7lbs, possibly less and he's reasonably tall. To be overweight at his height he'd have to have gained around 28lbs in the 3 weeks break they get before pre season. Guess he was just really hungry.

Edited by LeylandLatic