Yeovil

Scunny

Walsall

Orient

Swindon

Crawley

Shrewsbury

Crewe

What do we reckon? Who will do well? Who will struggle? Who will be the surprise team?

Early to speculate, I know, but it'll be a very competitive league I think, with not much to separate tom from bottom.. Looking forward to it!

Sheff Utd will win it. The Dong'll be up there. Shrewsbury to surprise a few. I reckon Bury, Walsall and Orient will struggle and probably us. But there's a whole summer of transfers to happen yet so difficult to say.

I think there's no obvious favourite but a lot of wildcards. Bigger teams who are likely to be making big cutbacks/changes (Sheff Utd, Coventry, Pompey, Donny, MK) and smaller teams with a fair bit of money but also a fair chance that they could implode (Bournemouth, Preston, Swindon, Crawley, Notts Co, Brentford). The rest are very likely to finish anywhere between upper mid-table and bottom. Don't think there's an obvious favourite for relegation either so it should be quite competitive/interesting.

Sheffield United - Defeat in the play-off's must have been hard to take for them yesterday, to get 90 points? and still stay down is unbelievable, i believe that Danny Wilson is a good manager and i can see him developing the squad and bringing in one or two more big names, a striker at the very least, and this will probably be their season. 1st

MK Dons - I believe that MK Don's have a very good manager in Robinson, if they can hang on to him and keep their squad together, they will be a strong force next season and will push for the play off's, if not automatic promotion. 2nd

Crawley – Back-to-back promotions will have surly given Crawley massive confidence coming into this new season – they have a new manager in O’Driscoll and have Coppell in the background – they are another surprise I’m tipping for a top finish and I think they will carry on their form of the last two seasons. 3rd

Brentford - Another team that have a good, young manager in Rosler - they have good strikers in Alexander and Donaldson and if the latter can get back his form of two seasons ago, they'll be up there - they're going to be the surprise package for me. 4th

Notts County - Again they were a surprise package this season and have a good manager in Keith Curle - if they improve their squad and get another good striker to play along Hughes then they might be up there pushing again. 5th

Scunny - They struggled last season, but as Scunthorpe normally do, i think they might regain their form and push up the top of the league again - 4/5 quality signings may see them do this, especially if they find a gem, a'la Sharp/Hayes/Hooper - my wildcard for the play-off's. 6th

Coventry - Again, they seem to have money trouble and will struggle to hold on to their big names, their captain Clingan has refused contract and Peterborough have been linked with Joe Murphy - however, i think they might be the surprise out the 3 that came down and i think they may sneak a top half finish. 7th

Colchester - i've not seen too much of Colchester over the past couple of seasons, but i hear that they're getting a good developing squad together, with this in mind, i'm going to tip them to finish quite high. 8th

Preston - Well, Preston have been the early birds with transfers and have signed the likes of Nicky Wroe, who could form a good partnership with Procter in the middle - Westley is a proven non-league manager but i don't think he's going to last long next season. 9th

Carlisle - They had a strong season but look to be losing their star man, Zoko - if i was basing my prediction on the last game of the season, i'd say they would struggle, but with that in mind, i can't see them challenging again this season - could be wrong though. 10th

Tranmere - Seem to have recovered since Moore came in charge in March - they've lost a couple of Players, such as Welsh, but knowing Ronnie he will probably find suitable replacements, they're not going for glory but should be comfortable in league 1 this coming season. 11th

Swindon - Seem to be getting a good squad together under Di Canio and he set's his team up in the right way, to play good attacking football. Along with Crawley, they are the strongest of the promotion teams and i think they will have a good finish. 12th

Pompey - Looks like they're gonna be thin on the ground again, would expect them to sign a few young lads and it will be ultimately be a season on consolidation for them and they'll be hoping to get some new owners and to regain their championship and ultimately premierleague status. 13th

Hartlepool - Since Cooper took over they have become a strong unit however, they have lost James Brown who has been their star striker the last couple of seasons and might find it hard to replace him - another team that won't be up there, but i don't predict they'll be struggling too much. 14th.

Doncaster - Similar to Portsmouth, they're struggling financially and will lose big names like Diouf - they'll be looking to push on but i think they might struggle to find their feet again in league 1, they'll probably end up with a mid-table finish. 15th

Stevenage - They were the dark horse of league 1 in 2011/2012 and they will want to try and match, if not improve their finish this season - however, i think they might struggle this season as reality hits, i don't suspect them to be in immediate danger though. 16th

Orient - Have a good, experienced manager in Russell Slade - with his teams you normally get a strong defense, but they seem to lack much in front of goal - they should be looking at an okay finish though and won't be in much danger. 17th

Oldham - I don't like to predict our fortunes but i'll give it a go - again we seem to have a budget cut and what not and PD will have to bring players in on the cheap, as such, losing Lee and Taylor may damage us as i believe that losing Taylor's work rate has shown to be our downfall in the past - i would like to say that we're heading for a top half finish, but in reality i think we're going to struggle yet again. 18th

Bournemouth - I think they might struggle, they've found it hard to replace Howe and since their play-off defeat last year have lost a couple of key players - i think they might find themselves in a relegation dog scrap next season and with that chairman, they could self-destruct. 19th

Crewe – Have finally found a successor to Gradi it seems, however, I don’t think they will be able to keep hold of Powell and may struggle to keep Miller as well – they will survive, just. 20th

Yeovil - Difficult to predict, one season they can be up there, the next they can be relegated - i think this will be a bad season for Yeovil, they look like they're going to lose Williams and have already lost Huntington - relegation is a strong possibility and i think that might just happen. 21st

Walsall - I don't think Walsall will be quite as lucky as they have been these past couple of seasons - they've lost Macken, however his impact is debatable - i think that they might slip beneath and fall out of league 1. 22nd

Bury - I'm predicting a struggle for Bury this coming season - i can see them following Rochdale in having second season syndrome - i like Richie Barker and i think he will go on to become a good manager in a few seasons but i don't think he's got enough to save Bury from the drop this time round. 23rd

Shrewsbury – Have lost a lot of their key players this summer, Wroe and Sharpes just to name two, I think they had a good season but predict that they’ll do a Chesterfield and go straight back down, unfortunately – I like them but I don’t think they’ll have enough. 24th

( in an ever changing football world, my players facts might be out a little - bloody transfers :OASISscarf: )

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Sheff Utd

Coventry

MK Dons

Swindon

Notts County

Preston

Carlisle

Stevenage

Doncaster

Brentford

Colchester

Scunthorpe

Bournemouth

Portsmouth

Tranmere

Hartlepool

Latics

Bury

Yeovil

Leyton Orient

Crewe

Crawley

Walsall

Shrewsbury

Only stand out teams are Sheff Utd & MK. Both to get automatic.

Any of the 22 other teams could get into play-offs.

If Dickov can avoid the Jan/Feb onwards complete meltdown then reck we could easily finish top-half.

If Dickov can avoid the Jan/Feb onwards complete meltdown then reck we could easily finish top-half.

I agree, whilst doing my prediction i found myself thinking this is anybodys league - but Sheff and MK are stand outs!

totally agree, at the moment it's too hard to call..

Will really depends on who can get who in a but anyone who can get a good team together can really do well i think

Edited by oafc-latics

If crewe sell powell for the reported 4million and loan him back they could be the dark horses . Watched all crewes play off games , got some great young players which can all be retained (aswell as further additions )with the powell money.

in my opinion.....

Sheff Utd (1st)

Coventry (5th)

MK Dons (7th)

Swindon (10th)

Notts County (4th)

Preston (8th)

Carlisle (12th)

Stevenage (15th)

Doncaster (2nd)

Brentford (9th)

Colchester (14th)