Prediction

Remember some clubs in this division are financially worse of than the Latics, and if the players are wiling to 'run through a brick wall' as PD requires then just maybe the club will be quite high in the league by Christmas.

Remember some clubs in this division are financially worse of than the Latics, and if the players are wiling to 'run through a brick wall' as PD requires then just maybe the club will be quite high in the league by Christmas.

That is, if he can find those players. I think this summer is Dickov's biggest moment as manager - he has to fully rebuild a squad amidst uncertainty about the future of his current key players. I don't think anybody could hazard a guess at our starting 11 come August or September. Who knows though, as Corney pointed out with the amount of players available basic economics tells you that their demands will reduce once the first crop are snapped up. I think for sure that Preston will be paying over the odds for pretty average players, a trap we don't wish to fall into again. I hope the patience pays off.

That is, if he can find those players. I think this summer is Dickov's biggest moment as manager - he has to fully rebuild a squad amidst uncertainty about the future of his current key players. I don't think anybody could hazard a guess at our starting 11 come August or September. Who knows though, as Corney pointed out with the amount of players available basic economics tells you that their demands will reduce once the first crop are snapped up. I think for sure that Preston will be paying over the odds for pretty average players, a trap we don't wish to fall into again. I hope the patience pays off.

I remember thinking the same about Charlton this time next year. Didn't rate Powell as a manager, as I don't Westley, but Preston might surprise a few people next season.

We'd never recover

Managers come and go. Without implying either way that he should stay or go, it will not be the end of the world if Dickov was to leave Oldham, and I definitely don't think a change of management would hit Oldham as hard as some people say, depending on who would be appointed of course.

Relegation to League 2 on the other hand, I think that could be a serious serious blow and one which I am not sure Oldham could recover from.

I'm going to make a prediction by christmas this year that dickov will be gone. Corney will get tired with the same old stuff coming from him.

What's said behind closed doors and what's said on Latics Player are two different things.

You never know - it might work two ways. Dickov might walk because he'll tire of hearing "holding" quotes from Corney about potential investment and the new stand. The club's current height of ambition seems to be to finish mid-table in the third tier of English football. Managing a club with such limited ambition won't look good on Dickov's CV, either....

What's said behind closed doors and what's said on Latics Player are two different things.

You never know - it might work two ways. Dickov might walk because he'll tire of hearing "holding" quotes from Corney about potential investment and the new stand. The club's current height of ambition seems to be to finish mid-table in the third tier of English football. Managing a club with such limited ambition won't look good on Dickov's CV, either....

he could always try and exceed expectation

I know it is but I just can't see us surviving this year under dickov. It is going to be a hard season for us this time round.

the powers that be know its going to be hard season. They will consider it fairly successful if we are still in the division by the end of the season

If finish upwards of 15 Dickov ill have done well