It simply does not make sense! Why sign a 17 year old on a one year contract? We have gone from a player who has yet to play in the first team to a player who has yet to play in the reserves. Are Latics really reduced to hyping up signings for the under 18 team?

Who's hyping the signing? No one has come out from the club and said this guy is the bees knees and he's the new number 1. It's a one year deal probably so we can have a good look at the lad over a reserve season and see if he's got owt to offer. It's not doing any harm is it? Didn't we do this with a lad from United not so long back? Phillips was it? striker if i remember.

It simply does not make sense! Why sign a 17 year old on a one year contract? We have gone from a player who has yet to play in the first team to a player who has yet to play in the reserves. Are Latics really reduced to hyping up signings for the under 18 team?

Isn't scouting potential young goalkeepers our standout success at the moment?

There are so many answers to that question - could be another competition. My point really is so what, of course I wish him well but it has no relevance to next season and if he does well someone else will come in and take him away from us - so why just a one year contract?

It makes perfect sense. If he's :censored: hot then offer him a deal at Christmas , if he's :censored: then on your way in the summer , no biggie . Think of it like a long trial

have to say I think hes possibly had better games.

He could of come off his line to narrow the angle for the first, but I'm not sure what you think he could have done for 2 and the 3rd (a penalty). I have never seen the lad play, I have never heard of him before yesterday, so I can't comment on his ability, but I think your being a little harsh on his performance in that clip.

He could of come off his line to narrow the angle for the first, but I'm not sure what you think he could have done for 2 and the 3rd (a penalty). I have never seen the lad play, I have never heard of him before yesterday, so I can't comment on his ability, but I think your being a little harsh on his performance in that clip.

+1 Dr Worm. Not sure he could do much with any of them really.

I really give much lip-service to internet footage, but - fek it. Get City's Albert Rusniak signed up on a season-long loan. He looks a real prospect - creativity & drive from midfield.