Croft signs - confirmed

Best wide player we had in many years , fantastic news added to Furman , Wes & Robbie Simpson ...... don't want to be greedy but do we have any money left to loan Reece Brown for a year.

i hope so....still need a couple more players

Great signing in Croft!

Still need another right back and centre half for me.

We also need a quality striker (possibly 2).

Things starting to shape up though now!

Need a striker,centre half & left winger IMO plus a centre midfielder as cover.

Smith, Belezika, Millar, Mellor, Winchester ?

Think we'll see noticeable improvements from Mellor & Winchester in particular this season. They'll be training full-time and they already have a few games under their belt. I'd definitely be looking to count them as part of the first team squad rather than fringe players.

Obviously a big season for Smith as well.

Smith, Belezika, Millar, Mellor, Winchester ?

.......Hughes and M'Changama too (if Youssef signs on again thaqt is)

EDIT: just read Twis's post & agree 100%.

Big season from David & Carl this will be IMO - the difference in both of them should be noticable. They'll be able to be train with the 1st team squad full-time, Mon-Fri, without college commitments getting in the way....and that should develop them noticably - fitness, strength, tactics and maturity, and mean that PD can (& will IMO) consider them more for regular selection that last season's off-field commitments allowed him too.

I see Mellor being consider the outright reserve choice for the LB position should Grounds be injured / suspended; and be also in the mix to come into the midfield; especially an option on the left side should the need arise.

Carl's performance vs Carlisle last game of the season threw his name firmly in the hat for the CM position - he will have to be second fiddle to Wes & Furman obviously; but I think he's thrown his cap in for the 'next in line' in the centre of midfield. I'd also expect that he would in consideration for playing RB should Connor Brown be injured / suspended too.

Big season this for them, and they do have the potential & ability to take the chances when they will come along this year IMO.

Edited by slystallone

The first XI is starting to take shape, a striker and left winger are needed. I do worry what happens if / when we get injuries and suspensions.

I think though that will be the same for a lot of sides. I dont know cos I haven't seriously checked, but I suspect most teams in the division will be working with a smaller squad.

I still think he will be looking at bringing another CB, CM (M'Changama if he is willing), LW & ST into the squad before feeling we can compete. Its then a case of the loan market, luck with injuries and some of the kids stepping up to the plate.

Edited by pukka