Was told his reluctance to go Portugal is the reason why we pulled out of signing him, if true fair play to Dickov to sticking to his guns, be a very good player at League 2, probably says a lot about him if he prefers to drop down a division.

it's a hard life

now been released apparently because they weren't prepared to pay the compo to Carlisle for him being under 25 (£250k)

http://www.bradfordc...&t=885&start=20

There's no way the compensation will be that sort of figure. It might be what Carlisle are asking for, although I can't see it, but a tribunal would award them far less.

Red herring, been discussed with two clubs and then released.

Attitude issues methinks. Or over ambitious agent.

Presumably some sort pf fee though, which will put many off.

I would not be suprised if we end up back in for him once his demands are lowered, but I think PD has learnt his lesson and will just move on.

Was told his reluctance to go Portugal is the reason why we pulled out of signing him, if true fair play to Dickov to sticking to his guns, be a very good player at League 2, probably says a lot about him if he prefers to drop down a division.

DO you think its conveiable we asked him to pay his own way?!

Go Dickov! Arsenal should have taken a similarly hard line with Dennis Bergkamp.

• 1 month later...