• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem to remember they beat us 6-0 pre season friendly in the summer of Chris moore's walk away, when we had only a small number of players left?

Perhaps we could do a Huddersfiels and say that games after Chris Moore but before Simon Corney dont count?

It is absolutely impossible for anyone to score 6 against the mighty Latics, so it never happened. If anyone dares to mention a certain game in Bedfordshire a few seasons ago, :fighting::boxer: that doesn't count either because a team that doesn't deserve to exist doesn't count.

Played well set Simpson up well was a pain in the arse to mark ... Furman wes and tarky were just fantastic ... Grounds immense and Byrne looked slow but solid ... Cisak made a couple of great stops ... All positives , there wasnt a time I thought we looked weak ... Great one touch football

Is it right that we've beaten them in our last 3 games and have not lost to them since 1998?

Tonight Friendly Won 2-1 (H)

FA Cup 2005 Won 1-0 (H)

Friendly 2003 Lost 0-6 (H)

Friendly 2000 Lost 0-4 (H)

L1 1999 Won 2-1 (A)

L1 1998 Lost 0-3 (H)

Champ 1997 Lost 0-1 (A)

Champ 1996 Won 2-1 (H)

Prem 1994 Drew 0-0 (H)

Prem 1993 Drew 1-1 (A)

Prem 1993 Lost 0-1 (H)

Prem 1992 Drew 3-3 (A)

D1 1992 Lost 2-5 (H)

D1 1991 Won 2-1 (A)

BCDF 1989 Won 3-0 (A)

D2 1989 L0-1 (H)

D2 1988 W4-1 (A)

D2 1987 W2-1 (A)

D2 1987 D1-1 (H)

That's as far back as I go but the two friendly heavy defeats aside, we've had the better of our matches against City. Friendly or not any win against a Manc team is great. I've put a video on Twitter @oafcprozac of Grounds' winner.

Played well set Simpson up well was a pain in the arse to mark ... Furman wes and tarky were just fantastic ... Grounds immense and Byrne looked slow but solid ... Cisak made a couple of great stops ... All positives , there wasnt a time I thought we looked weak ... Great one touch football

Nice one,sounds similar to the Fleetwood game.All very promising.

How did the Portuguese trialist fare tonight?

Started well, faded in the second half though. Some neat touches but a bit careless at times with his passes.

We played well tonight, some nice passing football and hardly any long ball hoofs.

Cisak was his usual self, looked solid few good saves but did his usual drop the ball when claiming a cross once or twice.

Defence looked solid, Grounds impressed, Bryne looked bit slow but other than that was fine.

Mdfield we definitely need a left winger. Nothing against M'changama but he ain't a winger. Wes was his usual self running everywhere. Furman was good and got stuck in, started to get annoyed towards the end though.

Attack looked alright, good finish by Simpson and the trialist looked good. City fan infront of me seemed impressed with him aswell.

Can't really comment on the subs as they had about 5 minutes at the end of the game.

I'm not going to read to much into it. It is only a friendly but let's take the momentum into Mk Dons. If we beat them then I will be optimistic. Its always good to get one over on City though.

I thought Grounds made a couple of dreadful errors in the first half that nearly cost goals. But I'll forgive him.

Cisak a bit slow off his line on one occasion. But a couple of great saves too.

M'Voto was imperious at the back. Top class show. I liked the midfield 4, even if M'Changama isn't a winger.

Simpson has more football intelligence than most and used it well. Trialist A impressed with skill and work rate.

Perhaps we should have pushed a little more when the stars went off on the hour mark.

Oh, and de Jong is a dirty bastard.

Thought we held our own against what was a City team obviously lacking fitness having only been back in training a short space of time, but I would imagine they werent expecting us to be so well organized. We showed quality throughout and the calibre of player we have brought in this season is the best in years. Adding to that an excellent game from Cisak (from what I saw their goal took a lucky deflection into the path of Santa Cruz)and several of last season boys.

Up front worries me a little, but Miguel looked very good and worked well with SImpson, but beyond that not sure, although didnt really get chaance to see Smith and Taylor do much, Byrne looked a little shakey at times too.

For me Grounds was excellent, solid and very positive going forward, deserved his goal at the end.

Despite them not being fit etc, was a good performance from our lot.

Great night out, and although it was a friendly, has worked wonders for my confidence this season is going to be better than the last.

And I managed to pick up the new purple GK shirt in the club shop, result!