176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of this design?

• Yeah - it looks mint
    • Nah - it's not right

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I gather, the stand is just a matter of getting signatures on forms. One being the NHS for a large deal (around £700,000 per annum) for rent of half the offices which is currently just a hand shake deal. This excites me massively as that wipes out pretty much the whole season's losses in one go, meaning any further profit and cup money can be ploughed straight back into the team! Keep the faith people. We're not far off.

From what I gather, the stand is just a matter of getting signatures on forms. One being the NHS for a large deal (around £700,000 per annum) for rent of half the offices which is currently just a hand shake deal. This excites me massively as that wipes out pretty much the whole season's losses in one go, meaning any further profit and cup money can be ploughed straight back into the team! Keep the faith people. We're not far off.

:sauce:?

£700,000 per annum is an awful lot to rent some offices. You could get close to buying the land after 5 years at that price. Are you sure you aren't out by a factor of 10 or 100?

Plus Pennine Acute Trust is an awful lot in the red, find it hard to believe they have that sort of cash or the ability to spend it on merely renting offices. Especially in this economic climate when NHS money issues are a real problem.

£700,000 per annum is an awful lot to rent some offices. You could get close to buying the land after 5 years at that price. Are you sure you aren't out by a factor of 10 or 100?

Plus Pennine Acute Trust is an awful lot in the red, find it hard to believe they have that sort of cash or the ability to spend it on merely renting offices. Especially in this economic climate when NHS money issues are a real problem.

I know you work for them, but this is the NHS who waste money all the time!

I can believe it.

Moving into Latics from elsewhere might possibly be a cheaper option.. thus saving them money?

I thought that to (cost of rent), they would have to be quite significantly size offices as Oldham isn't particularly an in demand area.

I thought that to (cost of rent), they would have to be quite significantly size offices as Oldham isn't particularly an in demand area.

the NHS may want offices close to the hospital though, something we would have in our favour. if that price was true, then Corney would have his stand that generated money 24/7, which can only be a good thing

The cinema complex in the old town hall has been given the go-ahead, I'm sure the new stand application was submitted before the cinema was. Feeling less optimistic about this the longer it takes.

At the risk of repeating myself, it hasn't been submitted yet.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

There is no record of it in the Council's list of submitted planning applications.

Not sure why someone downvoted you for this because you are right.

The application may have been submitted but it hasn't been validated so therefore it isn't in the council's list of submitted planning applications.

This means it is probably waiting for payment or additional documentation and until this happens a Planning Officer won't even look at the documents and the 8/13 weeks they have to decide it won't start.

So it may have been submitted to the council but it hasn't been validated which is the important thing.

Not sure why someone downvoted you for this because you are right.

The application may have been submitted but it hasn't been validated so therefore it isn't in the council's list of submitted planning applications.

This means it is probably waiting for payment or additional documentation and until this happens a Planning Officer won't even look at the documents and the 8/13 weeks they have to decide it won't start.

So it may have been submitted to the council but it hasn't been validated which is the important thing.

In effect the planning process has not yet started.

The £700k is definitely per year. Let's not forget this figure is just a spec of dust on the cheques our government pay out.

that doesn't make it right.

i'd be torn on this one - good money for the club but £58k a month of taxpayers money for some of the office space in a 3000 seat stand??

it sounds like it must be wrong but then again, we're in this mess we're in for a reason.

that doesn't make it right.

i'd be torn on this one - good money for the club but £58k a month of taxpayers money for some of the office space in a 3000 seat stand??

it sounds like it must be wrong but then again, we're in this mess we're in for a reason.

Does it actually say its in a stand? to me it sounds like stand alone buildings. Nothing to do with a football stand.

Does it actually say its in a stand? to me it sounds like stand alone buildings. Nothing to do with a football stand.

Now that bothers me that stand alone buildings are being worked on, like the houses were but no stand again