New Latics Official Website

New Latics Official Website   

194 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new Latics official website ?

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I'm not bothered either way

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the Latics site would be hosted on GeoCities with an animated "under construction" GIF if PremiumTV could get away with that.

Now that's a classic bit of gifery, probably should be entered into the interwebs HOF. :censored:, I'll have nothing bad said against it.

underconstruction-0032.gif

I'm showing me age here, but when I was at university (1993 to 1997) there were only three clubs with any kind of web presence: Swindon had a proper website, Reading had a newsletter, and Man City had a very detailed newsletter ("Man City Info Via The Alps", I think it was called). Latics didn't have anything on the web for ages (in common with many clubs, to be fair).

GeoCities, frames, and under construction GIFs were the height of web design back then. If you didn't code raw HTML in Notepad you were nothing.

Just been on the Coventry site with all this Dickov talk. They have same crap site as us but make look and work far better.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk

Looks way better than ours...cleaner typeface, darker and better background...and the page doesn't 'stutter' when you move the cursor across the tabs.

They have made a bog-standard template look decent, whereas ours just follows on from everything else at the club and is rank amateur.

I'm starting to like the new website more and more tbh, especially with the Fifa 13 advertising background, makes it look much better. Just want a brighter font and a darker background and then when the information comes it'll fill in, I like the players section more than the old site and the twitter feed is top tbh.

I'm starting to like the new website more and more tbh, especially with the Fifa 13 advertising background, makes it look much better. Just want a brighter font and a darker background and then when the information comes it'll fill in, I like the players section more than the old site and the twitter feed is top tbh.

I only wish it had a few more adverts on it.

To be honest it's crap isn't it. I used to browse the old site regularly but I dread going onto the new one it's so slow & having to scroll down to view anything is a pain. As a result I access the site far less than before. Not exactly what the advertisers would want. In a nutshell it's a turn off