Latics to sign Striker

Yea it could be a token fee though if West Ham offered him a new deal its interesting that he chose to sign for us.

Given that he's the only player I can think of who has more than 1 year on his contract he's immediately gone to the top of my list for going on the back of my new shirt.

West Ham might not have offered as much to him as we did since it is obvious he was probably going to get loaned out. Plus the contract at WHU was only for 1 year, I think, and maybe he didnt like London?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

West Ham might not have offered as much to him as we did since it is obvious he was probably going to get loaned out. Plus the contract at WHU was only for 1 year, I think, and maybe he didnt like London?

Well I don't think he likes Alladyce..

Fee might well because he's 20 and his contract expired and West Ham offered him a new one.

Agreeing to a fee saves us having to likely pay more, especially if lawyer's fees are included, after a tribunal.

Yup exactly what it was, he left because big sam didn't give him a chance and a few WH supporters seem a bit gutted about it.

Scored 4 in 11 for Notts Co but was recalled following injuries to other players.

WH fans described him as 'pacy' and 'skillfull'

He has also fallen out with Di Canio at Swindon for lack of effort.

I think we might just have found the answer to our left-wing dilemma and maybe the final piece to the jigsaw.

https://twitter.com/CMontano11 <---Twitter (check his profile description...perhaps he could sort out the official website while he is at it)

http://www.youtube.c...1?feature=watch <---Even has his own YouTube channel with some of his goals on it.

Possibly an inspired signing.

Well done Latics.

Good luck to the lad.

He finally has a chance to settle and forge a career. He's had experience, but one-month loan deals will only help his development so much. Let him get confident and progress. Hopefully, Cristian will prove to be a very good signing. There's a fee which suggests Dickov is willing to take a financial punt on the young man.

Apparently quick, which the team does need. Jordan Slew really tested the Wednesday defence with his speed, and hopefully this lad can do the same.

And it's a two-year deal. Does Dickov really like him? Is Corney protecting the club should he impress? There's the risk element, but I'm pleased the club is willing and isn't becoming ultra-conservative.

And it's a two-year deal. Does Dickov really like him? Is Corney protecting the club should he impress? There's the risk element, but I'm pleased the club is willing and isn't becoming ultra-conservative.

Seems that if the club have to pay a compensation fee, we sign them onto a contract which the club has the option to extend. Examples being Furman and Cisak recently

Good luck to the lad.

He finally has a chance to settle and forge a career. He's had experience, but one-month loan deals will only help his development so much. Let him get confident and progress. Hopefully, Cristian will prove to be a very good signing. There's a fee which suggests Dickov is willing to take a financial punt on the young man.

Apparently quick, which the team does need. Jordan Slew really tested the Wednesday defence with his speed, and hopefully this lad can do the same.

He might just be the only player on the pitch that can keep up with Jordan Slew.

A double-pronged attack with plenty of pace is an exciting prospect...hopefully, the 'speedy' League One defences won't know which player to track.

Just watching some of his goals on the various player sites, scored a couple of stunners for Daggers, couple of good 'uns for Notts, a belter for Swindon. I don't think his talent is in question, which makes you wonder why he's wound up here?

Another KMB?

Certainly looking forward to seeing him in blue….

Cautiously optimistic about this signing. The videos look good and I remember him coming off the bench to score a decent goal for Notts in a TV game last year, but we've had plenty of tricky skillful wingers who have time and again flattered to deceive in our recent past so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Nevertheless a 2+ year deal is a good show of faith from PD and he covers two areas of the squad that we were lacking in depth.

Welcome to BP Cristian!

Just watching some of his goals on the various player sites, scored a couple of stunners for Daggers, couple of good 'uns for Notts, a belter for Swindon. I don't think his talent is in question, which makes you wonder why he's wound up here?

Another KMB?

Certainly looking forward to seeing him in blue….

First team football? Security of a two year contract with option of a 3rd year? Could be any reason, but we all know Dickov seems to be able to influence players decisions on whether to join the club or not