Latics to sign Striker

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

20 year old Striker/Winger supposedly signed according to Twitter. Colombian origin, spent a few years at West Ham, led a nomadic loan existence over the last couple of years but has bagged a few in the league below.

From what I remember he looked very good on loan at Notts County last season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristian_Montaño

http://en.wikipedia....istian_Montaño

Can play up front or on the wing.

Signed with Latics on a two-year contract according to the West Ham official website.

I know bugger all about this chap but he appears to have a good pedigree for a youngster. Exciting signing, perhaps.

Looked good at Notts County if he's the black lad they had for a few weeks in March.

That's definitely the kid I was thinking of, had a spell at Notts the year before too and scored a few, could be a good signing this but as always I'll wait and see! Looks like we're going for rape teams with pace tactic this year rather than using the big lump ala Tonk/Kuqi. Interesting to see how it works out as it really does depend on Furball and Wes's ability to break from deep to support the pacy players.

The one thing we lacked at times last season was an outlet I thought so very pleased I hope he has a high workrate would expect so being a PD player

Defenders always hate playing v pace makes them defend deeper thus pushes all their team back and helps us out at the back, he records indicates he can finish

Very pleasing signing in terms of potential and the length of contract is really pleasing, if he was :censored: hot at worst on a couple of year deal we could command a big fee

Model himself on Asprillia lol hope he is as good!

:censored: im being a bit too positive here haha

Just wondering was he the trailist who scored v Newcastle in the week? Maybe someone can confirm

Edited by laticdickovarmy

he has 12 goals in 38 senior apperances... far from shabby

I am not going to get too carried away, it was only monthly loan deals, so is tricky to judge.

Hid goals are in LEague 1 & 2

But he has left wing experience and is speedy

http://www.westhamti...b241e0a1f0049f5

He fell out with Di Canio too....

Edited by singe

Fee might well because he's 20 and his contract expired and West Ham offered him a new one.

Agreeing to a fee saves us having to likely pay more, especially if lawyer's fees are included, after a tribunal.

Yea it could be a token fee though if West Ham offered him a new deal its interesting that he chose to sign for us.

Given that he's the only player I can think of who has more than 1 year on his contract he's immediately gone to the top of my list for going on the back of my new shirt.

Edited by bossrocks

Yea it could be a token fee though if West Ham offered him a new deal its interesting that he chose to sign for us.

Given that he's the only player I can think of who has more than 1 year on his contract he's immediately gone to the top of my list for going on the back of my new shirt.

Wes?